• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut's New Menu Launches Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

Pizza Hut

Tastes great!

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

According to official statements, there are over TWO BILLION possible combinations now. Due to mathematical probability, there is a 100% chance at least a few of them are kingly.

Can't wait for society to discover these premium pizza hut hax

Sanjuro

The standouts for my pizza were the meatballs and the honey sriracha. Meatballs tasted great, the sriracha was a low heat addition.

There are a ton of combos to play with.

Sanjuro

Facts are facts. Dominos doesn't have to drizzle anything on top of their pizza because the dough itself is solid. Pizza Hut's dough seems to be getting worse..

...that doesn't make any sense. What does dough preference have to do with a sauce topping? Most "gourmet" pizza places with superior crust to both of these chains do the same exact thing.

hitsugi

...that doesn't make any sense. What does dough preference have to do with a sauce topping? Most "gourmet" pizza places with superior crust to both of these chains do the same exact thing.

I didn't mention "gourmet" anywhere so I am unsure of who you are quoting there, but I'm saying they are choosing to cover their pizza up with a bunch of crap instead of improving the actual dough. Does that make sense for you? This new branding = new gimmicks, not genuine improvements.

edit: yikes.. it seems nothing makes sense to him.

Sanjuro

I didn't mention "gourmet" anywhere so I am unsure of who you are quoting there, but I'm saying they are choosing to cover their pizza up with a bunch of crap instead of improving the actual dough. Does that make sense for you? This new branding = new gimmicks, not genuine improvements.

I don't think you comprehended that. I'm sorry.

Just took a look. LOL at them wanting almost $16 a pizza now. That's why their sales are slumping not because of the lack of ingredients. They are cheap mans pizza trying to premium themselves. For 3 dollars more I can go to the Local New York style Pizza place and get a pie that's like 4 inches larger and made with everything top of the line.

20.98 for a large here.

Good luck with that Pizza Hut. Maybe when you are out of business a real pizza place will move into it so I can get good pizza closer to my house :D

If you pay menu price for a pizza from ANY national chain (especially delivery), then you're doing it horribly wrong.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
i1g76T0.jpg

Got one just now. I haven't had pizza hut in a long time so I can't really compare this new sauce and crust to what they had before. I didn't get any drizzle because all of the options sounded like they would be gross on the type of pizza I got.

Pizza is new crushed tomato sauce, seasoned pork, hardwood bacon, cherry peppers, with fire red pepper crust. The sauce has a nice flavor to it much more flavorful than typical 'fast food pizza' sauce. Toppings are meh, cherry peppers are pretty good. Sausage and bacon are sausage and bacon nothing special. Fire crust is really good it has a great spicy kick to it.

8/10 would eat again.

Sandfox

They're having a sale so I'm going to try the cherry pepper bombshell and my go-to pizza featuring some of their new options.

DietRob

Dominos in my experience is better then Pizza Hut in every way. Dominos is better then any chain Pizza in my opinion.

Yea, I find this to be true also. Dominos has made a huge 180 over the past few years.

Log4Girlz

Yea, I find this to be true also. Dominos has made a huge 180 over the past few years.

I used to get angry if someone ordered Domino's. It was disgusting. I haven't had it in a while, but after tasting the new recipe I must say it's the greatest leap in quality of all time.

I want to try this but...when it comes to Chain pizza....can't beat that Papa johns with Ranch sauce as the pizza sauce, wish more places would do this.

However Apollos > all other chains

but when I get a chance, I will try that fiery crust doe

DietRob

Dominos has my McDonalds comparison. They are wildly consistent, but I don't find them to be the best in anything.

yea that's probably fair. at least now, in my experience, they are consistently good instead of consistently tasting like cardboard with sauce and cheese.

My chain pizza ranking is:
1. Larosas (local chain)
2. Domino's
3. Donatos
4. Pizza Hut

99. Papa John's
178. Little Caesars

Thinking I might pick this up tonight. Gonna go with the cheese and bacon stuffed crust, just to see what that's all about. Do wish they had a ranch sauce option, I love a good buffalo chicken ranch pizza. Throw some bacon on there, onions, big thin tomato slices... mmm.

yea that's probably fair. at least now, in my experience, they are consistently good instead of consistently tasting like cardboard with sauce and cheese.

My chain pizza ranking is:
1. Larosas (local chain)
2. Domino's
3. Donatos
4. Pizza Hut

99. Papa John's
178. Little Caesars

I love Larosa's appetizers/sides (Cheese Rondos are god's food), but the pizza is pretty mediocre.

Sanjuro

How is it a mess? They are optional things to add to your pizza.

Get a specialty pizza if your brain hurts too much. For me, I rather have some options. The drizzle, sauce, and crust flavors are all free.

i1g76T0.jpg

Got one just now. I haven't had pizza hut in a long time so I can't really compare this new sauce and crust to what they had before. I didn't get any drizzle because all of the options sounded like they would be gross on the type of pizza I got.

Pizza is new crushed tomato sauce, seasoned pork, hardwood bacon, cherry peppers, with fire red pepper crust. The sauce has a nice flavor to it much more flavorful than typical 'fast food pizza' sauce. Toppings are meh, cherry peppers are pretty good. Sausage and bacon are sausage and bacon nothing special. Fire crust is really good it has a great spicy kick to it.

8/10 would eat again.
My god..that looks so heavy!

-PXG-

Eh.

I YOLO'd it. Ordered for carry out just now. I haven't had Pizza Hut in fucking years. Wish me luck..

I was curious about the new menu as was the women, so we ordered a large yesterday. We got a Cock-A-Doodle Bacon (large hand-tossed pizza) with premium crushed tomato sauce and a toasted parmesan crust edge. The toppings were cheese, chicken, diced tomatoes, pineapple, and bacon. In all honesty, it was great and cheap (cost us $11.00 plus change with an online promo). The crust was fucking top notch! Here are some pics...

iogDK2ojPjP9b.jpg

imSmGdvyBc5S1.jpg

Biker19

Banned
Just took a look. LOL at them wanting almost $16 a pizza now. That's why their sales are slumping not because of the lack of ingredients. They are cheap mans pizza trying to premium themselves. For 3 dollars more I can go to the Local New York style Pizza place and get a pie that's like 4 inches larger and made with everything top of the line.

Yeah, it's just embarrassing. Even Domino's Pizza is better than Pizza Hut as of now (due to Domino's Pizza changing their recipe).

The only thing that Pizza Hut has left, are their Traditional & Bone-Out Wingstreet Wings.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
hey man i gotta say all these pizzas are real good looking
I know, right?

Haven't had Pizza Hut since the 90's... that may soon change because of this thread.

yami4ct

Had a stuff crust pizza last night with their garlic butter crust glaze and their new tomato sauce. I have to say, it was much better than I was expecting. The garlic flavor is limited to just around the crust edge, but it went really well with the cheese in the crust. Their new tomato sauce is so much better as well. I absolutely hated their original, and while their new one isn't the best I've had, it's still quite good. Will definitely consider them more often going forward.

Sanjuro

Yeah, it's just embarrassing. Even Domino's Pizza is better than Pizza Hut as of now (due to Domino's Pizza changing their recipe).

The only thing that Pizza Hut has left, are their Traditional & Bone-Out Wingstreet Wings.

How is it embarrassing? Dominos Pizza is arguably the most popular pizza franchise in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom