• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut's New Menu Launches Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

For those asking for pics:

My pizza was hand-tossed, toasted cheddar crust, crushed tomato sauce, cheese, chicken, and mushroom.

Rjs2ThX.jpg

My girlfriend went crazy, getting a pan, garlic butter crust, crushed tomato sauce, salami, banana peppers, and a balsamic drizzle. Tasted pretty good.

qM0tDwn.jpg

these look horrible, was this re-heated?

gimmmick

I live by 5 good pizza joints, there is no way in hell I would ever go back to mainstream pizza joints such as pizza hunt.

ok so im back and sober. my pizza hut review still stands but damn.. i woke up this morning and headed to the bathroom, got completely rekt by this pizza hut (and possibly the liquor too). not recommended if you have work, school, or other stuff going on the next day. lol.

malts

Still looks like sad-ass Pizza Hut. Don't understand how people like this tripe, or Chicago-style tomato casserole nonsense for that matter.

Starviper

Guys --

EEO20OFFSECRET -- 20% off
And 10BOX -- Gets you a medium pan pizza, breadsticks, and cinnamon sticks. Came out to just barely over 8.50.

It was really tasty! Though the cinna-sticks are kinda weird.

Jon Armdog

So this new crushed tomato sauce. What's its consistency? Is it smooth like the old sauce, or does it have chunks of tomato?

Sanjuro

Still looks like sad-ass Pizza Hut. Don't understand how people like this tripe, or Chicago-style tomato casserole nonsense for that matter.

Thanks for that.

So this new crushed tomato sauce. What's its consistency? Is it smooth like the old sauce, or does it have chunks of tomato?

It's kind of hard to describe after the fact. I didn't notice any large chunks, but it had an overall pleasant taste to the original sauce. Similar, but good.

Meh, I had I ordered a couple last night and it pretty much tastes like typical Pizza Hut pizza.

I got that pretzel crust on one my pizzas and it just was really salty with a hint of pretzel flavor, the rest of the pizza was bland, not much sauce on either, too much cheese despite me putting light cheese ON BOTH.

Anyway, same old stuff. I had it a week ago, and it is the same taste in toppings, cheese, bread. Meh.

Last night I ordered a HUGE pizza with two cheese blend, parmesan and oregano seasoned crust, pepperoni, sausage, bacon and green peppers from Whole Foods for $12.99. My wife and I could only eat two slices each before we were full, so half the pizza is still in the fridge. The dough was hand tossed and the pizza was baked in a 500 degree brick oven. I don't think I'll be ordering Pizza Hut anytime soon.

Sanjuro

jbmUV0lsk2DB5E.jpg

Large Pan Pizza, Honey Sriracha Drizzle, Fiery Red Pepper Crust Flavor
Whole Ingredients: Premium Crushed Tomato Sauce, Green Peppers, Italian Sausage

Second successful trip. Pizza tastes great.

Large Pan Hot and Twisted with a Honey Sirracha drizzle and the Pretzel crust replaced with the Pepper one they have. Cost me $11 with that online deal, would not buy again. It took them 40 minutes to get it to me, and it wasn't very warm. I don't think they drizzled the sauce because I didn't see it on the pizza, either. Plus it didn't taste that great, either. Domino's tastes better, has better service, and is cheaper too. I'd give it a 7/10.

hitsugi

jbmUV0lsk2DB5E.jpg

Large Pan Pizza, Honey Sriracha Drizzle, Fiery Red Pepper Crust Flavor
Whole Ingredients: Premium Crushed Tomato Sauce, Green Peppers, Italian Sausage

Second successful trip. Pizza tastes great.

..that actually looks a lot better than the previous one you posted. For $8, I might give it a shot

Large Pan Hot and Twisted with a Honey Sirracha drizzle and the Pretzel crust replaced with the Pepper one they have. Cost me $11 with that online deal, would not buy again. It took them 40 minutes to get it to me, and it wasn't very warm. I don't think they drizzled the sauce because I didn't see it on the pizza, either. Plus it didn't taste that great, either. Domino's tastes better, has better service, and is cheaper too. I'd give it a 7/10.

An that is a problem? That is pretty quick for delivery. The lowest time Pizza Hut will quote is 30 minutes sooooo. You sound like a real prix of a consumer. Here's a hint, if you want your pizza steaming hot out of the oven eat dine in or carry out or make it yourself.

malts

An that is a problem? That is pretty quick for delivery. The lowest time Pizza Hut will quote is 30 minutes sooooo. You sound like a real prix of a consumer. Here's a hint, if you want your pizza steaming hot out of the oven eat dine in or carry out or make it yourself.

You serious? 40 minutes is terrible for pizza. 20 minutes is a better target. And no reason delivered pizza shouldn't be hot.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You serious? 40 minutes is terrible for pizza. 20 minutes is a better target. And no reason delivered pizza shouldn't be hot.

From my experience Domino's are by far that best at getting the pizza to you hot, in fact it's usually too hot to eat right away. Pizza Hut is usually hot enough if you eat it straight away and Papa John's is a total crapshoot, sometimes it's warm at best, sometimes it's very hot. I guess to varies from local to local.

Lenz44

Banned
I ordered it today to try it out. Some of the choices are better and it did taste better than the older stuff, but the more I thought about it- if I wanted a specialty pizza with some toppings like I added, I would be better off ordering from a local place.

Domino's usually takes around 20 min and the pizza is usually very hot.

bcl0328

20 min? It's probably 10 just to bake it....

whenever i order dominos i get it within 15 minutes. they are insanely good. it's never taken longer than that. last time i got pizza hut it was over an hour and 30 min. i called to cancel the order and the manager said we can't cancel now because it already left. another 30 min later an old guy calls me and says he can't find my house. that was the worst experience ever.

malts

20 min? It's probably 10 just to bake it....

Dude they don't fresh bake a pie each time you order. They grab a couple slices out of the case and put them in the oven. Maybe you get something fresh if you order a whole pie, but even then, they're constantly baking plain pies and they just throw some toppings on and reheat it a bit.

s_mirage

Relative merits of Pizza Hut aside, they really need to bring this to the UK. Every special we get just seems to be an exercise in how much more greasy they can make things.

depths20XX

Dude they don't fresh bake a pie each time you order. They grab a couple slices out of the case and put them in the oven. Maybe you get something fresh if you order a whole pie, but even then, they're constantly baking plain pies and they just throw some toppings on and reheat it a bit.

The hell you talking about? Who DOESN'T order a whole pie when they order a pizza?

Pilgrimzero

Order a pep and sausage with alfredo sauce and balsamic drizzle. It was amazing. I've been thinking about it ever since. I miss that pizza.

They totally have a new costumer for my pizza needs.

abrack08

I worked at a Pizza Hut for 2 years, we didn't deliver individual slices. Maybe that's not how it works where you live but I'd wager a vast majority, if not all Pizza Huts, only deliver whole pizzas. And make them to order, we never made "plain pies."

I could probably count on both hands the number of times I delivered to someone in less than 20 minutes. 30-40 minutes is reasonable

Sean

Banned
mPqflw8.jpg

Large hand tossed pizza with salted pretzel crust, buffalo sauce drizzle, and premium crushed tomato sauce. Got a half-and-half (Left side = pepperoni & cherry peppers. Right side = italian sausage, green peppers). $8.00

Very tasty actually, and I hated Pizza Hut pizza previously. Peruvian Cherry Peppers were great. The pretzel crust was probably the weakest part - since it's just some kind of butter type sauce they paint on the crust doesn't exactly taste like a real pretzel (and also had a bit too much salt for my liking). They could've been more generous with the buffalo drizzle too, I could barely see it. But other than that I really enjoyed it and will be back.

Valnen

They still don't have linguica as a topping =(. On the other hand, I'm seeing bacon cheese stuffed crust. Is that new? Sounds amazing.

sangreal

They still don't have linguica as a topping =(. On the other hand, I'm seeing bacon cheese stuffed crust. Is that new? Sounds amazing.

It's relatively recent, but not part of the new offerings that spawned this thread. It's as wonderful as it sounds

bcl0328

i got the rooster teeth and a cherry pepper bombshell. i am impressed. it is cooked perfectly, crispy crust, good flavor. def getting more later.

Nuklear

Banned
I got a large pepperoni with the pretzel crust and it's pretty bleh. The pizza is already sodium heavy and the added salt of the pretzel crust is BLEH. The pizza itself minus the crust was decent though like a normal pizza.

I got a large pepperoni with the pretzel crust and it's pretty bleh. The pizza is already sodium heavy and the added salt of the pretzel crust is BLEH. The pizza itself minus the crust was decent though like a normal pizza.

Take-out pizza is always heavy on the sodium.
I don't see why anyone would make matters worse by adding a pretzel crust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom