• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Players are complaining about visual problems in the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo

MikeM

I don’t remember there being a toggle for chromatic aberration? If not, made provide one to turn that stuff off. Might help.

Otherwise, waiting for the actual game release before buying as this could be improved.

Playing Rebirth right now on my 7600x/7900xt PC is pretty nice at full 4k 120fps tho

TheShocker

The performance mode is notably worse looking than the performance mode in remake, which is odd.

It’s the same engine, with 2+ years of development. It should look better.

I played on graphics mode, just as I am with FF16. It’s a bummer, but I don’t want my game looking like a blurry mess.

I honestly feel like neither of these consoles were ready to tackle 4k resolution.

King Dazzar

When will people learn.

We're in the 30fps years now, sometimes 40 (good GOD quality modes at 40 are incredible).

You're not going to keep getting visual improvements at comparable settings. Adapt. Join me in 30fps land.

Come Here Homer Simpson GIF by Sappy Seals

Played it quality. It's fine. Looks great. People are nitpicking. Gotta have muh 60 fps on a four year old console that was underpowered on release.
People going out of their way to post this shite are trying to attack the game for some other reason. Just wait for a PC version.
This is an UE4 game, that looks like a previous gen game (and I'm being generous). If it looked amazing, maybe you could have the argument that its the consoles fault as the visuals are pushing the hardware to the limit. But we're not seeing anything here to justify why it looks like arse at 60fps. Lack of technical competence is all that I saw during the demo. It's right that its being called out on it.

Reallink

The comically terrible gameplay character models were featured prominently in the trailers, it's intentional, not a "demo problem". They're just awful ld1 or ld2 models they had to make to accomodate 60fps on an underpowered console.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
Performance mode sucks yet again. Shocking.

Almost as if console are meant for 30fps gameplay.

You are not going to get good looking 60fps games mid gen unless they have ZERO ambition and water everything down in the game.

Devs are not talented enough to hit 60 and make it look good.

But you stubborn framerate warriors will never learn.

I hope performance mode runs at 480i with pop in and graphical glitches.
60fps for life.

Elios83

30fps looks like stop-motion animation when turning the camera and motion blur is pure cope.
For me it's perfectly fine honestly.
Unfortunately the only other option is waiting for the game to be available on more powerful hardware (PS5 Pro/PC). I doubt anything will change in performance mode on PS5, that's the compromise to get 60fps.

Mindman

I nearly backed out of the PS5 version because of how bad performance mode looks. But then I came back to the demo and played on quality mode a day later. Adjusted pretty quickly and will still get it day 1 even though it's in 30 fps. Looks fine after adjusting to it. But would love a proper performance mode.... SquareEnix for ya 🫥

Zuzu

1440p? Wow, looks sub-1080p. Something’s gone very wrong with this. I really hope it’s improved dramatically. We also need a 40fps mode. It’s a necessity for this game imo.

Last edited:

Nydius

People choosing Performance Mode and expecting Quality.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable, 3 years into current gen, to expect performance mode textures to look better than last gen. As others have pointed out, some of these textures look worse than 7 year old FF15. 🤷

Bojji

People choosing Performance Mode and expecting Quality.
giphy.gif

I think everyone expects worse IQ in performance mode. Dog shit textures, models and bad lighting are another thing entirely and they are the same in both modes.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
We went through same shit

Once the game come people going to pretending that they never b**ch about graphics.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I don’t think it’s unreasonable, 3 years into current gen, to expect performance mode textures to look better than last gen. As others have pointed out, some of these textures look worse than 7 year old FF15. 🤷

It's totally possible to have a nice clean and sharp image at 1080p even on a 4k screen if the implementation is good. In my experience stuff like texture quality is more important in producing a sharp image than the actual resolution. Hand on heart, something like Guardians of the Galaxy at 1080p looks way cleaner than this game's quality mode at 4k.

leizzra

Well, one of the problems with some of the shots (with characters faces) is lighting. The thing is - it looks the same in most of the games ( like The Last of Us Part II, Uncharted 4, God of War) where you have a weather with clouds and no sun. It means that the scene lighting doesn’t have a directional light source only Sky light (HDRI if you like). Because of that you don’t have a proper shadows, mostly ambient occlusion.

Overcast sky is hard to make it right because usually it’s flat. Everything is lighted the same way because it’s this ambient lighting. Even with Ray Tracing it’s not much better. What they could do is to make AO maps stronger, so that the holes in the nose would be darkened more, but it would also work for the rest of AO maps so they would need to make some additional lighting layer in renderer.

Anyway this is how lightning in gameplay works. In the cutscenes they could use proper lights to simulate this weather but with ability to fine tune it. But cutscenes are easier to control then the gameplay and have bigger overhead for extra effects.

As I said you can find the same problems in most of the games with this type of weather.

keefged4

The resolution on Performance mode is among some of the worst I've seen this generation. I wish that they'd just release the PC version at the same time, not this timed console exclusivity pish. I shall suffer the 30fps just because its FF7 this time. Only reason I still have a PS5 tbh.

hinch7

So you can pick up the intergrade version on Steam.
Just going off the releases from the first game. That arrived 2 years after its intial launch from PS4, onto Steam with Intergrade. That's assuming if Epic moneyhatted it again and we know Sony has a 6 month timed exclusivity on other platforms.

Hopefully not as I would replay it again on PC; for the extra image quality, performance plus mods. FF7R looks gorgeous at 120fps.

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

jogadores-estao-reclamando-de-problemas-visuais-na-demo-de-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-103719.png

According to players, most of these problems occur mainly when the game has been selected to run in performance mode, which offers 60 FPS.

In this mode, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth's resolution drops drastically in order for the game to maintain its frame rate (60 FPS). Many believed that the visual problems were due to the low resolution, but it seems that the problem is more serious than it seems, according to John Linneman of Digital Foundry.

BU6zeON.jpeg
IaHhEk9.jpeg
F5wXcHs.jpeg
5g7Surg.jpeg

h3NCBz3.jpeg
1RJXSLA.png

Yikes

Def waiting on the pc version like I did the first one.

Dis

VIPkAkF.jpg

O9hSpCi.jpg

LOMkG9c.jpg

17usV34.jpg

HHmSC03.png

qPuLHBM.jpg

Please solve this captcha to continue.

Please highlight the PS4 Exclusive game.
PS4/PS5 cross gen title, CGI movie.

Thank you.

Also

MGS5 is PS3/PS4 game.

What pathetically ugly visuals lmao games need path traced lighting already. Compare close ups on random NPCs in Cyberpunk 2077 with path tracing to this garbage. It's night and day. 0 shading or lighting on Cloud and Sephiroth's face in those screenshots.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Well then this thread is useless. Stop complaining about shit graphics and performance when you force undermanned and untalented devs to cater to your ridiculous needs. If you want 60fps buy a PC.

You framerate warriors are holding this gen back more than anything else.
i am not complaining its the rest.

april6e

Fanboys can do all the damage control they want. The performance mode visuals are unacceptable. This isn't just whining. There is legitimately something wrong with this game's performance mode and it needs to get addressed before launch.

The 30fps commies need to be rounded up and exterminated for stifling the advancement of the human race. They advocate for laziness and low standards because they are uncomfortable that others are out there pushing the limits of performance. They fear the alpha gamers and want soft and comfortable visuals to keep them safe. They have the audacity to blame their graphical woes on the performance-chads despite graphics eternally lagging behind. Their own visual acquity is below average and are easy prey to the natural order of system specs. We must cut the dead weight in order to achieve new benchmarks.

Top Bottom