• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Schedule for PlayStation Studios presentation:

PS4 titles:
Horizon Forbidden West
Demon's Souls

PS5 titles:
Death Stranding : Director's Cut
(plus some shit made in Unity)

PC Titles:
Bloodborne
Uncharted Collection
Ratchet and Clank : Rift Apart
Spider-Man
Spider-Man : Mile Morales
Ghost of Tsushima : Director's Cut
Horizon : Forbidden West
Demon's Souls
The Last of Us
The Last of Us Part 2

:pie_invert:
Destroy Diary Of A Mad Black Woman GIF by Bounce

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm based their recent releases, they mostly going to focusing on their western games when it comes to first party, I personally more excited about third party games at this point.

envyzeal

I'm kinda excited but also worried seeing many devs/press overhyping it. I really hope this doesn't turn out like a classic "Our biggest E3 ever" from the beloved good guy Phil.
I think this will be a great opportunity to see what kind of staff is running PS Studios.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Let's fucking GOoooooooo.

God of War: Ragnarok.
GT7
New Guerilla Games IP
New Naughty Dog IP
New FromSoftware PS Exclusive
MGS trilogy Remake
Resistance Trilogy Remake
GTA6
FFXVI
Street Fighter 6
Dragon's Dogma 2
Silent Hill
Plus a load of smaller games.

I'm not expecting anything less than the above list.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Are there other industries where fans froth at the mouth for what are essentially commercials for upcoming products?

When E3 was relevant that would be my most anticipated TV viewing for the entire year. This **** is fun...

913.gif

Wunray

I don't have a ps5 but I like when sony comes out and is firing on all cylinders. Hopefully they bring back 2013 level hype.

makaveli60

Why? In the last couple of months or so they released Ratchet, Guilty Gear, FF Intergrade and GoT DC, bought Housemarque and Nixxes, announced new 2nd party top partnerships with the Destiny, AC and CoD BO guys, shown Horizon 2 gameplay and announced Death Stranding DC, GoT DC and cool indie stuff.
I don’t want to argue about this, I’m sure you know why I’m saying this if you are a member of this forum.

KAL2006

Banned
I was just thinking if there is a Last of Us 2 Remastered, what exactly can they add. The game already has a 60fps patch. And I doubt Factions would be bundled with it as that's most likely standalone. With all remastered games we have had extras and not just graphic improvements. Death Stranding has extra stuff tools for the character to use. Ghost of Tsushima has Iki Island.

So you are going to tell me that XBox's showcase with the guy from Kinda funny doing interviews didn't break up the showcase Microsoft showed? Or that the 28 Minute long Halo Infinite updated video was more than Joe staten talking to the community manager about whats launching/releasing on Dec.8 without showing gameplay and just couple CG trailers?

Also you complaining that this is only 40 minutes?

PS5 reveal event was over an hour. ANd they showed a fuck ton of games. This is not being advertised as a State of PLay. It's a showcase, as in similar to PS5 reveal event, only no hardware is being shown, all games.

Nadia Alexander Its The Truth GIF by TV Land

He makes a point tho.

KAL2006

Banned
We really don’t need to see more Horizon ffs. We’ve had a dedicated state of Play. We’ve got an annoucement. A simple short hype trailer will be enough.
We dont need to see more Deathloop… Or Kena.

We need new exclusive announcements

Honestly I dont think we will see anymore of Deathloop, Death Stranding, Horizon or Kena here. All these have had very recent trailers.

KAL2006

Banned
Are there other industries where fans froth at the mouth for what are essentially commercials for upcoming products?

When E3 was relevant that would be my most anticipated TV viewing for the entire year. This **** is fun...

913.gif

I love watching upcoming movie trailers.
Seeing new tech get announced

This isn't exclusive to games other industries has its own fans such as car industry hyping up there new car etc. Or did you expect people to hype up new breakfast cereal announcement or something.

coffinbirth

Expectations tempered.
Maybe we'll get to see some unannounced stuff, but aside from some smaller things I don't see Sony unveiling 2023 or later titles just yet.

I'd expect this more or less to cover everything we already know is coming with probably some "enhanced for PS5 stuff" like Fortnite, Roblox, Rocket League, etc. and perhaps some paid timed exclusives.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
We really don’t need to see more Horizon ffs. We’ve had a dedicated state of Play. We’ve got an annoucement. A simple short hype trailer will be enough.

I agree but I kinda want to see what happens when a Snapmaw or the new machines discover Alloy underwater

And what kind of things we'll find in the open world like the new card game

Last edited:

envyzeal

I agree, but at the same time everyone's eyes will be watching this. It will be a great time to give that last push to sell those games.

Hunnybun

Honestly I dont think we will see anymore of Deathloop, Death Stranding, Horizon or Kena here. All these have had very recent trailers.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Kena and Deathloop won't be there, they're too close to release and will get dedicated media coverage at this point. Death Stranding isn't that big a deal and has already had trailers recently so that would seem like a waste. I'm on the fence with Horizon: on the one hand, it's just had a dedicated SoP; on the other, it's THE big upcoming release. I'd guess it'll be there, but just a shortish trailer, 2 or 3 minutes.

Assuming there are 12 or so games shown, this is my best guess for the line up:

Horizon FW
GOW 2
Gran Turismo 7
Little Devil Inside
Forspoken
GTA V
MGS from Bluepoint
TLOU remake
Some random indie announcement 1
Some random indie announcement 2
Some kind of Uncharted announcement
Final Fantasy XVI

DeepSpace5D

I was just thinking if there is a Last of Us 2 Remastered, what exactly can they add. The game already has a 60fps patch. And I doubt Factions would be bundled with it as that's most likely standalone. With all remastered games we have had extras and not just graphic improvements. Death Stranding has extra stuff tools for the character to use. Ghost of Tsushima has Iki Island.

Aside from the resolution or framerate bump, TLoU: Remastered came with the Left Behind DLC included which had been out for a few months prior. But this time I believe Naughty Dog has stated they have no plans for singleplayer DLC for TLoU: Part II, so I don’t really see what a remastered version would add on PS5 either. Minor stuff like Dualsense implementation and 3D audio I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom