• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

tommib

Reeee Eve thread is worth visiting. Their enjoying their sexuality meltdown.
YMyyxSw.jpg

aclar00

Hell, looks like Sony is getting their money's worth with Insomniac... they're carrying the entire damn squad...how tf do they show 4 games less than a year into the consoles life and other stuidos nada or at least know gameplay?

Ammogeddon

Not really everything good is 2-3 years away at this point.
I’m mainly interested in GT7 and that’s out March but yeah it’s all further down the line isn’t it. I need to see a decent 4K video really. GoW did look a bit dlc but I’m sure it’ll be awesome.

cormack12

Gold Member
Without sounding too alarmist or concerned but being genuine, its worrying that they are showing games listed for 2023 or don't even have a date like wolverine and we still dont know what is coming from nd etc. Or other projects.

How can insomniac be cockteasing so much and from all others we just have that one game we already know about still.

tmlDan

Star Wars TOR IS SO FKN HYPE LETS GO, and WOLVERINE...........man ya'll suck im so excited for all these awesome games.

also, fyi, you're blind if you think GOW looks the same.

Everything was emotional and diverse and remaster. Omg such progress 10\10 :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Oh and insomniac is a marvel factory now, what a waste. Omg emotional wolverine game thank you herman :messenger_smiling_hearts:

The only sorta interesting thing was the unreal engine action game but it also looks like an indie game somewhat.

Kenpachii

I mean, yeah, awesome news but its a timed exclusive remake on an 18 year old game. I don't get the emphasis.

Some people are kotor nerds, it has a huge fanbase and is cult like for some people. If he's a big fan of kotor then i can see his reaction.

However for newer generation people 18 years is so long ago its basically seen as kotor what?

So yea a bit of a generation clash i guess then. Unless he's talking about something else tho.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
What exactly was gonna blow our minds? Jaffe is full of shit.

Ragnarök looks good I suppose, but not significantly better than the last one (on the stream at least). I guess that's the problem with the PS4 game looking fucking amazing.
I'm guessing Wolverine. I can't Stand Marvel crap but I'm in a very small minority, the rest of the world loves Marvel and getting a 2nd Marvel exclusive is a HUGE deal.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Gow looks very similer to the first,
And while i enjoyed the story and eventually the combat clicked with me, but the windey passage ways and overeraly complecated menu/map and upgrade system leave me wanted significant improvements. I want something new for the PS5 not retreading old turf.
Wolferine and spiderman 2 could be good.
But its a shame that sony are not doing something fresh.

And with herman talking about the dual sense and these guys talking about raganarok it seems sony are stumberling a bit, compared to the PS4 showings, playstation to me has always been about pushing the boat out and doing new things.
I think it was a mistake making gow cross gen and so similer to the first.

Im sure people who love horizon zero dawn, Spiderman and gow will be quite pleased but for me personally i liked gow, spiderman was good, but i just dont feel like playing somthing like them again and horizon zero dawn never really grabbed me i played until adult aloy but never felt compelled to continue and from what i heard about the quest activity variety being rather repitive it does not fill me with confidence. I like my open world games like RDR2 where even side quest are unique, new and fun.

sainraja

I think the show was good. I would have liked to see a new Uncharted game despite them saying UC4 was the last :D. Glad to see Spiderman and Wolverine was surprising. They might still be holding on to somethings for later.

j0hnnix

I'll give it a B. I'm a kid for some GoW. The wolverine tease was great, not much of Spidey fan. KOTR oof, great tease. Lots of teases to get you excited , was hoping for sooner releases but that's wishful thinking.

Fake

Was someone inside this thread saying we aren't getting anothe Deathloop trailer? lmao.

How many Deathloop trailers until release date?

Last edited:

skit_data

Wolverine came out of left field like a fucking wolverine

GT7 March release!!!!!!!!

They saved the whole event in pretty much the last 5 minutes. Impressive.

Top Bottom