• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 reportedly won’t have its own Xbox Smart Delivery alternative

Sony

Nintendo
I don't know why smart delivery is a thing. In the sense that, smart delivery should be (and I think is) standard on all consoles. Image there is game X that has a PS4 version and a PS4 Pro version with enhacements. If I go to the PS Store and download a PS4 game on my PS4, it'll download the PS4 assets/version. But are you telling me that if I go to the PS Store while on my PS4 Pro, it''ll still download the PS4 version and not the Pro version? I find that highly unlikely.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't know why smart delivery is a thing. In the sense that, smart delivery should be (and I think is) standard on all consoles. Image there is game X that has a PS4 version and a PS4 Pro version with enhacements. If I go to the PS Store and download a PS4 game on my PS4, it'll download the PS4 assets/version. But are you telling me that if I go to the PS Store while on my PS4 Pro, it''ll still download the PS4 version and not the Pro version? I find that highly unlikely.
Some people actually bought into the idea that a line of code that says "I'm a PS5, give me the PS5 update to that PS4 game" is impossible unless Sony puts a name on the process.

Mr Moose

To all saying Cross buy is the same as Smart Delivery I would really appreciate it if you can give me 1 or 2 examples of where Cross buy lets you purchase a AAA level retail or digital game on a Current Gen console when it launches but can later download the superior next gen version once it launches at a later date.
Destiny 2, Fifa whatever number they are on and Cyberpunk 2077 are the confirmed ones that I am aware of. I think they said something about TLoU II?

BC with PS4... wooo..
:messenger_smiling:

Top Bottom