• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Doffen

Last one.

giphy.gif

Meh, looks like a PS1 game.

Montresor

The middle of Act 3 needs to receive a technical achievement award of some kind.

I've just spent 45 minutes exploring the
offices and lab facilities
lining up the perfect screenshots for myself... The visual effects in this game seem unmatched. Everything looks so broken, in a beautiful way. The stutters and the way people and objects dematerialize and materialize right before your eyes is just great.

Remedy NEEDS to announce another game. Whether it's Alan Wake 2, Quantum Break 2, or a new IP, whatever! We need more Remedy.

Welp..... I just finished Act 4 and Episode 4.

OMG, where it lacks in action it makes up for in the story in a huge way, that was incredible. Tomorrow I'll take on the last act, what a ride so far. So many feels man, so many feels.

Just finished this on hard, took around 12 hours I think. Man, what a ride. The production values are just through the roof and there's stuff to be found everywhere. Especially in the later parts when you're
revisiting areas you've been in before at the same/earlier point in time
I kept going "whoa" just from all the small details, like
the paint cans in the swimming pool.

This game deserves to do really well.

Edit: the
timeline in Paul's office is just way too cool as well.

Any Remedy guys around here: you've made this Finn proud!

A.J.

Banned
I'm finding the final boss fight to be pretty bad. I'm probably not going to finish the game because of it.

Edit: Lol, I just beat it right when I was about to give up. Still a pretty bad boss fight though. Fun game otherwise.

Grisby

Started new playthrough (using the timeline option). I love how the collectables are done. Hard mode feels better because you really have to react to situations faster.

First junction spoilers:
Amy just got her brains blown out.

Curious to see what happens in this second go around!
Love this.

giphy.gif
Yeah, that really impressed me.

OMG between Erotic Thriller and the My Screenplay(s) this game is the funniest game of 2016. This game has way too many story collectibles to read but finding these make all of it worth it. I haven't openly laughed this hard playing a video game in a long time

Montresor

Finally finished Act 3. Man, one thing I love about this game is I get the achievement for "Act 3 Completed" or for whatever act but I can be sure to always be treated to these extra items right after to stretch out the Act:

1) End of Act music
2) Junction, with exploration and collectibles
3) TV Episode

Daingurse

Finished the game yesterday on PC, and despite all the issues plaguing that version of the game, I fucking loved Quantum Break.

I really enjoyed the story, felt engrossed the whole way through. The live action segments entertained me well enough, and I found the production values to be pretty good. I felt invested in the live action show, just because of how much I was enjoying the story.

Visually, the game impressed me greatly. I loved the mocap work on the faces. The character models were highly detailed even in-game. The effects were completely out of this world. Just unbelievable to look at, and unlike anything I've seen in any game before.The global illumination looked great, lighting in-general was pretty good. The in-game cutscenes look great, and have some of the most seamless transitions to gameplay that I've seen. The aesthetics were very on-point for me with this game, and that's despite me having a lot of issues with the overall IQ. Using moves like Time Rush never got old for me, because the shit just looked too fucking cool while doling it. And man, the OST was fucking great.

Gameplay-wise Quantum Break was incredibly fun to play. Once I had all the powers at my disposal, I was just having a ball in any combat encounter. The gunplay is tight and snappy. I found the lack of any kind of transitioning animation when aiming down the sights, to actually be a non-issue in-game. Everything felt responsive and fast. The game puts an emphasis on mobility, and I found dashing around the battlefield to be very enjoyable.

Overall have really enjoyed my time with Quantum Break, and look forward to another play-thru. Most of my issues with the game frankly come down to the nature of the PC port. It's shit. Still couldn't stop me from enjoying this game though.

ViciousDS

Banned
Microsoft better green light QB2. I need it. I'll wait...shit, I waited for Shenmue 3

I think what gets me is the overall response as well. Both ashmore and Heusinger are very reponsive on Twitter lol.....ashmore is a straight up video game nerd and loves interaction! They honestly picked a perfect set of folks around this game.

I think what gets me is the overall response as well. Both ashmore and Heusinger are very reponsive on Twitter lol.....ashmore is a straight up video game nerd and loves interaction! They honestly picked a perfect set of folks around this game.

Heck he plays his game better than a lot of gaming journalists out there and probably some in this OT!

Catdaddy

Okay, so I'm assuming if I start a new game everything is wiped out?

If so, When did only one save become a thing? XB doesn't allow save back up to external right?

Okay, so I'm assuming if I start a new game everything is wiped out?

If so, When did only one save become a thing? XB doesn't allow save back up to external right?
Yeah, don't make the same mistake as me. If you want to start another playthrough use "Timeline" and start at the beginning. The frustrating thing is every other action has a notification and makes you hold the button down to confirm. Choosing New Game says nothing about anything, especially overwriting one's save.

Finally finished Act 3. Man, one thing I love about this game is I get the achievement for "Act 3 Completed" or for whatever act but I can be sure to always be treated to these extra items right after to stretch out the Act:

1) End of Act music
2) Junction, with exploration and collectibles
3) TV Episode

The music choices for this game have been fantastic. Paramore, Kate Tempest, Royal Blood, Death From Above 1979 (one of my favorite bands). You done good, Remedy.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Love this.

giphy.gif

Junction spoiler
Some won't even see this exact moment, because one of the choices in the junction moment lets this scene play out differently.

It's really worth it to play this a second time.

Edit:
Night springs shirt spotted :p

C5F5H8I.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but he wore an Old Gods of Asgard Shirt during one of the video files.

Edit2:

Also, come and join the spoiler thread after completion:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204048

I really hate this final boss fight. I'm finding it extremely frustrating.

Doing it on Hard mode right now, and I agree. First part isn't bad at all, but the second part is a bitch and a half. And I know I'm making stupid mistakes to fuck it up, but it sucks. It sucks hard. Beating it will be sweet, though. This will be my first 100% achievement game in a while.

Beat the game.

Phew. The game REALLY picked up in act 3, 4, and 5. After the first two acts I was really down on the game, but it really redeemed itself for me.

That said, I thought the TV episodes were very weak over all. They had moments but I really didn't feel like they earned their place. Had they actually been on TV I'd have changed the channel really quick rather than watching them through.

The combat is really fun but I think this game is really hurt in terms of replay due to the excessively long loading times when skipping cutscenes (longer than the actual scenes in some cases!!), and the length of some of the story sections, which while awesome the first time through I don't have much interest in replaying a second time.

They really should have had some kind of horde or challenge mode to just play with the combat system.

I'm finding the final boss fight to be pretty bad. I'm probably not going to finish the game because of it.

Edit: Lol, I just beat it right when I was about to give up. Still a pretty bad boss fight though. Fun game otherwise.

Holy fuck did that fight make me curse so damn much lol

Barakov

Gold Member
Beat it earlier tonight. Hell of a ride. I loved everything up until
the last boss.
It's not even that hard once you get hang of it. It's just a bad way to culminate the game. And it's not the fact that it's a
boss fight
, it's just badly designed and lazy. It's even more glaring since everything else was so fantastic. Really hope this gets a sequel/story dlc. Because I definitely want more of it.

Kookos

I really hate this final boss fight. I'm finding it extremely frustrating.
I, too, had some problems with it on my normal playtrough. But I beated it on the first try on hard. :p
Just keep moving around, you got plenty of space in there.

T.O.P

Banned
Ah btw, does anyone have a capture of the game launch screen, the white one with Jack facing Paul?

Can't really find it online :/

Catdaddy

Yeah, don't make the same mistake as me. If you want to start another playthrough use "Timeline" and start at the beginning. The frustrating thing is every other action has a notification and makes you hold the button down to confirm. Choosing New Game says nothing about anything, especially overwriting one's save.

Bah..thanks.. I have a second acct setup so may just start one on that one.

sertopico

About the boss fight:
isn't that the one in the swimming pool, right?

To me the problem is
that red thing that covers the floor
and kills me almost instantly, is there any way to avoid it? I just managed to go through the first group of enemies, when the second came I died miserably.

lcap

About the boss fight:
isn't that the one in the swimming pool, right?

To me the problem is
that red thing that covers the floor
and kills me almost instantly, is there any way to avoid it? I just managed to go through the first group of enemies, when the second came I died miserably.

Yeah, that's the one.

My advice for you is to Time Dodge 3 times after you see the red thing, when you thing it's gonna hit you, use Time Rush and keep walking in circles on the swimming pool and kill all the goons on the way.

sertopico

Ok, thanks, I will try that way. Everytime I find myself out of time powers juice and that thing hits me. Dodging and killing enemies while avoiding it is driving me crazy.

EDIT: I did it thanks to your suggestions. :)

Beautiful game indeed. So, basically Joyce became another
Paul Serene. And Hatch, which is one of those creatures, still rules Monarch and wants to exploit Joyce as well. I assume then that the time fracture has not been recomposed.

Alienous

So I've only just started the game and there seems to be a glitch where all dialogue is muted. So I can't hear the entire opening cutscene, and can only hear any dialogue after that by adjusting the dialogue volume then resuming play, but restarting the level causes the same glitch until I adjust the dialogue volume again, meaning the opening cutscene remains inaudible.

Such a strange glitch. What a great start.

Alienous

Restarting the console doesn't fix it, and the dialogue reverts back to muted after someone's finished their line.

This is the fastest I've ever gone from putting a disc in a console to wanting to shatter it.

Restarting the console doesn't fix it, and the dialogue reverts back to muted after someone's finished their line.

This is the fastest I've ever gone from putting a disc in a console to wanting to shatter it.

Might need to try to re-install the game if you haven't tried that already.

Montresor

This might be a silly suggestion but if you are turning the console on and then off you may not be actually restarting it, if you have Instant On enabled.

Alienous

This might be a silly suggestion but if you are turning the console on and then off you may not be actually restarting it, if you have Instant On enabled.

I turned it off and made sure it was powered down (plugged it out).

Might need to try to re-install the game if you haven't tried that already.

I'm trying that now. It installed on an external harddrive, so maybe that caused problems? So I'm reinstalling it internally now.

LiK

I had no audio issues and I installed on external. I only encountered the light glitch but after closing and reopening the app, it was fixed.

Top Bottom