• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

shandy706

y0Bg9n1.png

Jesus Christ guys. 92 deaths and 84 deaths. I'm in Act 4....does the game suddenly get ridiculously hard?

(I have 7 deaths and 16 hours of play...and 3-4 are due to me doing something stupid like looking at stuff/screenshoting things.)

Sorry, I just noticed that as I didn't know the games tracked all that..lol. I suppose going back through to collect EVERYTHING will increase that # some. Although, I've replayed some Acts for friends to see already.

LiK

Jesus Christ guys. 92 deaths and 84 deaths. I'm in Act 4....does the game suddenly get ridiculously hard.

(I have 7 deaths and 16 hours of play...and 3-4 are due to me doing something stupid like looking at stuff/screenshoting things.)

Sorry, I just noticed that as I didn't know the games tracked all that..lol.

My game said I died 23 times altho most of them were from the stupid environments and pitfalls. I wasn't paying attention and just died suddenly from those hazards during the awkward platforming parts. The enemies and bosses weren't that hard after a few retries. I only played on Normal.

derFeef

The most I died was at a platforming part in Act 4... so heads up, lol.
29 deaths so far, act 4/4, Hard.

The bridge part yes, some glitchy deaths :(
Worst parts of the game for me.

shandy706

The most I died was at a platforming part in Act 4... so heads up, lol.

The part with all the railings/walkways/signs/bridge/cars stuff?

Or is there something beyond that?

I'm past that part, didn't die during that part. Them platforming 5ki11z...haha.

Son of a... got a message from Xbox, but it was just for Alan Wake. Anyone get their W10 codes yet?

Yeah, I got that second message too. I think the PC codes are supposed to go out today....maybe.

Edit** I swear I saw that somewhere...maybe it's still the 15th...

Alienous

Reinstalled on the interal harddrive and the same problem persists. Even on a different television.

Figured the sound issue out. I had to go into the Xbox One's audio and display settings, and re-calibrate. What a strange glitch.

Venom Fox

Banned
Just started playing this last night, first I'll start off by saying that the Live Action TV episodes are well fucking done, exceeded my expectations by a mile!

Wanted to ask a question though, does anyone else get annoying shimmering on textures? It's like the texture hasn't loaded up properly or something, noticed it the most in Paul's lab and the sections after.
Also reflections, what's up with them? Stand next to a metal door and point the camera towards the ground, you'll notice that you'll be reflected like 10 times which looks like one of those "put two mirrors facing each other" tricks.

LiK

Just started playing this last night, first I'll start off by saying that the Live Action TV episodes are well fucking done, exceeded my expectations by a mile!

Wanted to ask a question though, does anyone else get annoying shimmering on textures? It's like the texture hasn't loaded up properly or something, noticed it the most in Paul's lab and the sections after.
Also reflections, what's up with them? Stand next to a metal door and point the camera towards the ground, you'll notice that you'll be reflected like 10 times which looks like one of those "put two mirrors facing each other" tricks.

I noticed weird motion blur for some NPCs when they're just walking. It's weird and maybe a graphical glitch. Can't help but feel they need to polish the game a bit more with patches.

Daingurse

I noticed weird motion blur for some NPCs when they're just walking. It's weird and maybe a graphical glitch. Can't help but feel they need to polish the game a bit more with patches.

Pretty sure that's the re-projection tech. You can see artifacts and ghosting when characters move.

The time egg is fucked. Have you guys not been paying attention?

So I've only just started the game and there seems to be a glitch where all dialogue is muted. So I can't hear the entire opening cutscene, and can only hear any dialogue after that by adjusting the dialogue volume then resuming play, but restarting the level causes the same glitch until I adjust the dialogue volume again, meaning the opening cutscene remains inaudible.

Such a strange glitch. What a great start.

Hmm, probably not a QB specific problem.

What we have seen is that people are playing with a Stereo setup, but the Xbox One output is set to 5.1/7.1 which means you wont hear any dialogue for example. So make sure to check those settings.

Alienous

Hmm, probably not a QB specific problem.

What we have seen is that people are playing with a Stereo setup, but the Xbox One output is set to 5.1/7.1 which means you wont hear any dialogue for example. So make sure to check those settings.

That was what fixed it, then. I changed from 7.1 to Stereo in the audio settings.

dedhead54

Just finished up my first playthrough on normal. 16 hours/92% completion. I am going to restart on hard later today and go for 100% and finish upgrading all of the powers. I went it to the "boss" battle thinking it was going to be harder than it was, based off what I had read in this thread. Granted I was playing on normal but I beat it on my second try. I thought the story was great. All of the emails/letters/etc. really helped me to understand what was going on and I was quite engaged the whole time.

Exceptional game IMO.

Laeth

Neo Member
Just finished up my first playthrough on normal. 16 hours/92% completion. I am going to restart on hard later today and go for 100% and finish upgrading all of the powers. I went it to the "boss" battle thinking it was going to be harder than it was, based off what I had read in this thread. Granted I was playing on normal but I beat it on my second try. I thought the story was great. All of the emails/letters/etc. really helped me to understand what was going on and I was quite engaged the whole time.

Exceptional game IMO.

Use the timeline to restart.

dedhead54

Use the timeline to restart.

Luckily I saw a couple of horror stories in this thread already. I feel bad for those who wiped theirs.

I have never started a game over the same day that I completed it. I cannot wait to see how the different junction choices affect things.

Hawk269

Yup got my code as well. I am in Act 5, part 2. Will finish it tonight and start a 2nd play through on PC tomorrow.

I know we have a Remedy rep posting in this thread. Any update on a PC patch?

Caayn

Are we sure that we can sell the code? They aren't tied to your account? If so I'm selling mine.

Already own it on the XB1 (duh), and after seeing how it performs on the PC I've zero interest to play that version.

T.O.P

Banned
Replaying Alan Wake and holy damn this game is still insanely gorgeous to look at

Literally just got to the cabin <333

Bioshocker

I finished Act 1 last night. I can't say I'm a big fan yet. The gunplay just isn't that good. I'm getting a "The Last of Us" vibe, meaning, the best part of this game is anytime you aren't in combat.

I think it looks great and I haven't noticed an issues on the Xbox one. I'll keep pushing through. Just seems like the guns don't do enough damage.

Aim for the head. Nothing's like a good headshot in Quantum Break.

The input lag is really obvious and infuriating on this last boss. I like the TV show and the junction as a change of pace. The combat in this game is okay but all the combat problems are magnified in the last act. Overall You spend more time reading and watching than you do in combat 7/10

TheKeyPit

Banned
I still have to find that sweet spot with enemies that I'll keep replaying by using "Restart from checkpoint" right before killing the last guy.
One contender is the underground garage at the start of act 3 part 2.

-------------

Trying to mess around with the powers:
qb6tzs71.gif

Top Bottom