• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Kookos

So I completed my hard run earlier today, and I was surprised how different episode 4 was after choosing
surrender
this time.
I was also pretty shocked when Paul killed Sofia in such a brutal way. ;_;

Looking forward to Quantum Break DLC. :)

Theorry

Really curious if my cdkeys version also gets a w10 code. They said before it doesnt include the pre order bonus stuff. But in the meantime i already got a American Nightmare code and a Alan Wake code.

Citadel

Just finished Episode 3 of the TV show, and I can't help but feel that the acting has dropped off a little bit. It's such a shame, because Lance Reddick as Hatch is just phenomenal. Not digging that hacker & Emily (I think that's her name?) duo very much.

Aside from that, the game and its story (including the TV show, which has just been better than I thought it would be) has been one of the most engrossing experiences I've had with a video game in a long time. Once I finish, I feel like I'm going to immediately jump right back into it, just to see what the differences in my choices will do to the TV show - and the rest of the game.

Fuchsdh

I was definitely pleasantly surprised by the TV show, both in that it was decent quality with good effects and performances, and that it actually justified its existence. I was kind of expecting the live-action stuff to be things I woulda' expected to be 'why isn't this in gameplay/a cutscene' but it really adds depth and interest that wouldn't have been there even with QB's high production values in a "traditional" game.

Chitown B

Just finished Episode 3 of the TV show, and I can't help but feel that the acting has dropped off a little bit. It's such a shame, because Lance Reddick as Hatch is just phenomenal. Not digging that hacker & Emily (I think that's her name?) duo very much.

Charlie was awesome, IMO. (the hacker)

Aside from that, the game and its story (including the TV show, which has just been better than I thought it would be) has been one of the most engrossing experiences I've had with a video game in a long time. Once I finish, I feel like I'm going to immediately jump right back into it, just to see what the differences in my choices will do to the TV show - and the rest of the game.

Fiona Miller. Emily is Liam Burke's missus.

Citadel

Charlie was awesome, IMO. (the hacker)

Charlie! That was it, thank you. Yeah, tbh, I do like his character (and acting) and he's grown on me for sure- I guess I wasn't really a fan of how the end of the episode ended between his character and edit: Fiona.

"
Oh I was using you, haha. Oh I was using you also, haha. Fuck you. Fuck you too." The end.

Fiona Miller. Emily is Liam Burke's missus.
Fiona! That was it, thank you. I really need to go through all this again, I'm terrible with names. And everything

Also: doesn't it feel like we were missing a whole fight with
the shifter
in Act 5? They set up an confrontation with all the dead soldiers, and yet it never happened.
Yeah I'm surprised it didn't happen. Don't even get to see it. Maybe it was setup for a sequel?

Kept trying to redeem my Alan Wake code on the Win 10 store because I didn't read the message closely enough. I've already beaten QB on the Xbox - I don't have a desire to do another playthrough on PC, but that was my original desire. This delay sucked and I won't be fooled again.

Yeah I'm surprised it didn't happen. Don't even get to see it. Maybe it was setup for a sequel?

I kinda saw it. Maybe it's based on choices? I chose
Hardline > Business > Hatch > Control
and all collectables, and got a scene where
Shifter Hatch knocks down Jack and then disappears.
Would of rather had a boss fight, but ah well.

Really hoping Remedy has plans for some meaty DLC

I'll even take an American Nightmare sized expansion.

I'll even take an American Nightmare sized expansion.

Wow, you chose the exact opposite junction choices than I did. :)

tomedo

Just finished the game.

Pros:
-Combat & abilities
-Story - highlight was Act 4
-Soundtrack
-Menus (fast and beautiful)

Cons:
-TV show focus on side characters
-
final boss

Interesting. I got
Hatch shot dead by Emily Burke
in the TV show.

I thought
Hatch let out Dr Kim and he was the Shifter who caused all the destruction? Was it Hatch all along
?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I actually preferred it this way. It's one of those things better seen/read about than actual gameplay. Would probably not be fun.

Just my opinion.

Trup1aya

I'm I mistaken when I say the game was originally supposed to have Beth wilder as a playable character?

Was she supposed to have powers too?

T.O.P

Banned
AW code got as well, time to play the game for the tenth time i guess lol

How do i grab the dlcs? didn't have them on this account

AW code got as well, time to play the game for the tenth time i guess lol

How do i grab the dlcs? didn't have them on this account

If you don't have them on that account then you may need to wait until they send those codes... unless the code contained them as well. If so, then choose to 'Manage Game' and on the right side it will show DLC.

Alfredo

I wish there was a horde mode or something like American Nightmare's arcade mode. I just wanna fight guys without having to worry about slow walking story bits.

T.O.P

Banned
If you don't have them on that account then you may need to wait until they send those codes... unless the code contained them as well. If so, then choose to 'Manage Game' and on the right side it will show DLC.

Ah, nope, didn't think i needed separated codes for those, was expecting an all in one package tbh

Oh well, by the time that i'm done with a second QB run on Hard and AW i'm sure they'll be delivered

Kezen

Banned
Beat it today, hard mode, less than 12 hours.
y0Bg9n1.png

Great game for me. Just wished the PC version was in a better state.

Fuchsdh

Interesting. I got
Hatch shot dead by Emily Burke
in the TV show.

I thought
Hatch let out Dr Kim and he was the Shifter who caused all the destruction? Was it Hatch all along
?

The memos and emails mention that as the end of time approached shifters in general were going to be an issue. Hatch
had one of the scientists shut down the field that allowed the shifters to infiltrate Monarch HQ. I don't think anything specifically said it was Dr. Kim.

I did opposite choices and still had that cinematic with the shifter. With seeing it wreck from across the lobby and such I really thought it was going to come back as a final boss fight or something though.

Ah, nope, didn't think i needed separated codes for those, was expecting an all in one package tbh

Oh well, by the time that i'm done with a second QB run on Hard and AW i'm sure they'll be delivered

Both of the DLCs for Alan Wake are free on the marketplace since the full game codes didn't include them.

The Writer: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Alan-Wake-The-Writer/aeecfe92-7fcf-418f-b7b0-43a4c7f8ed27

The Signal: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Alan-Wake-The-Signal/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-00014d530805

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone else think the actor who plays Liam Burke and ashmore could pull of an amazing action comedyovoe together. I especially loved the
crocker, crocker, crocker
dude had me dying and I want to see him in more future movies. I think hes a good actor

ViciousDS

Banned
Love this.

giphy.gif

Animations and stuff just never cease to amaze me. Everything is just so fluid and crazy good. Also the facial expressions are bar none. Only game I can think of that comes even close and it's not out is uncharted 4. I really hope this sells well enough for remedy. A lot of effort was put into this game.

derFeef

I often get fooled that it's a prerendered cutscene but then it transitions into gameplay, really well done. PC codes are nice, finally. But I think I will finish my first playthrough on the XB1 and then get all the stuff on PC. Needed to stop at Act 4/4 because it's almost 1am and work and shit... My favourite Act so far easily.

papo

Man this game is so awesome. It feels like it's the Netflix original series of video games if that means something to you.

I wish there were more games like this that followed a storyline similar to a TV show. One season one ongoing story. Each year we would get a 'game' or 'season' with 10 episode released at once.

Each episode is 20 minutes TV Drama, 30 minutes gameplay( action/puzzle/platforming) and 10 minutes of traversing the stages point A to B. Have the 10 episode season cover one arc or one story, they may end on a cliffhanger or smething. Eah gen we could get one whole show, one full story.

Does this sound awesome to anyone else but me? I've always associated gaming with TV as a storytelling medium.

Top Bottom