• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Day 1 Patch Adds Performance and Performance RT Modes

Corndog

Banned
in-game cut scenes use the same exact assets and quality as gameplay dude. only difference is the lighting is more controlled obviously as it's a cut scene. whereas gameplay the lighting may be in non-ideal conditions at the time. chances are that the "bullshot" was taken in photo mode
I have no idea in this case but there is more to it. You could have higher resolution, better post processing, etc. I’m probably not knowledgeable enough to explain but I’m sure others could.

Corndog

Banned
Yep, probably the Performance mode will take a bigger hit judging by the description: "This is an alternate version of the 60 frames per second "Performance RT" mode, additionally removing ray-tracing in favour of increased picture resolution."
And that mode already sacrifices some other stuff: "It presents a lower-resolution picture with adjusted lightning, VFX and scene density"

So in short, performance mode sacrifices RT, lightning, VFX (i.e. particles) and scene density (probably density in NPCs, and objects like plants and stuff like that). Wouldn't be surprised if people take that mode as "proof" of a downgrade.
I hope people take the same thing into consideration for straight up 60 FPS games. That is one reason why halo infinite is not going to be a graphical showcase. You have half the gpu power per frame.

Before I get a bunch of warriors in my mentions, let me preface this by saying I regard Insomniac very highly and think they have achieved stellar work with RC. I think everything shown looks great and even "downgraded" looks good.

I had someone here really try telling me that in engine cutscenes aren't "bullshots" because it's in game or whatever, when I made a comment about not taking the marketed cinematic stuff "captured on console" as an indication of what a game will look like in action.

Po717x8.jpg
GlRXSaa.jpg

How can you gonna tell me that the cinematic cutscene below isn't a bullshot, when that's being used as the marketing material from Sony? It's a total difference between that and in game, especially if the screenshot is from the fidelity mode. I still think the in game looks great, and it's good the cinematics are 'real time', but cmon. You're just setting yourselves up for disappointment when you buy in to Sony marketing cutscenes as captured game footage.

Jennifer Lawrence Lol GIF

But seriously theres a ps4 version ?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Couldn't that screen just be from the 60FPS + RT version, but no visible RT is there, hence why it happens to show a somewhat less detailed shot?

It's not like there aren't lots of lower detailed things around in other shots...

Top Bottom