• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Day 1 Patch Adds Performance and Performance RT Modes

Arun1910

It will be interesting to see the differences between performance and quality mode.

Spider-Man turned off Ray Tracing for Performance mode and from what we have seen so far I think the visual difference will be more striking in Ratchet if it loses RT.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Spider-Man turned off Ray Tracing for Performance mode and from what we have seen so far I think the visual difference will be more striking in Ratchet if it loses RT.
What were the differences with Spiderman? I didn't buy the PS5 version to compare.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If someone tries to evaluate/complains about the IQ of the 60fps mode from this tweeter video encode I will destroy the earth from orbit.
See U Dj Khaled GIF by TikTok

DonJorginho

Banned
Something like this I think.

Fidelity - 30FPS, Native 4K and Ray Tracing

Performance - 60fps, Temporal 4K, No Ray Tracing

Performance RT - 60fps, 1080p, Ray Tracing, lower pedestrian and reflection quality.
Performance RT is actually 1440-1500p using temporal injection to reach a dynamic 4k, sometimes goes down to 1080 but 85-90% of the time it hits that dynamic 4k target.

Last edited:

Banned
glad they confirmed the RT performance mode

since this is the only PS5 exclusive I'm at all interested in I really wouldn't want to play it at 30fps or without RT

Kuranghi

If the image quality was actually like the twitter video encode here, but locked 60 fps and the 30 fps mode looked like the released official gameplay, would you still play in 60 fps mode?

So for example, the 60fps is in 480p with Insomniac's TAAU and the 30fps mode is in whatever res the official video was in. I'm trying figure out where the crossing over point is where the IQ is compromised enough that the extra frames isn't worth it in your eyes.

Give me an empathy eyeball for 30 fps mode and a love-heart for 60 fps mode. Or just reply to this comment but reaction asking was to avoid crapping up the thread.

Last edited:
I was going to buy this new, but then I saw Insomniacs twitter avatar.

Now I will buy it used at GameStop for $2 less instead. Hopefully rewrapped so I can imagine it's new.

Zones

If the image quality was actually like the twitter video encode here, but locked 60 fps and the 30 fps mode looked like the released official gameplay, would you still play in 60 fps mode?

So for example, the 60fps is in 480p with Insomniac's TAAU and the 30fps mode is in whatever res the official video was in. I'm trying figure out where the crossing over point is where the IQ is compromised enough that the extra frames isn't worth it in your eyes.

Give me an empathy eyeball for 30 fps mode and a love-heart for 60 fps mode. Or just reply to this comment but reaction asking was to avoid crapping up the thread.
This is not the Nintendo audience you're addressing here... No PS5 player would play any game at 480p! :lollipop_Mr_Smith:

nowhat

Performance RT all day everyday even on a new hotness TV.
Word, both Spider-Man and MM look fantastic with Performance RT on my LG CX. Insomniac's temporal injection does a wonderful job in getting rid of shimmering and aliasing in the final image - the result is slightly soft, maybe a bit cartoonish even, but so far for the games it has been used it's been a perfect fit.

GuinGuin

Banned
The great thing about the tight knit studios at Playstation is they cheer each other on and actively share technology and techniques. Expect similar modes in nearly every first party Playstation game. ☺️👍

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. Very happy. Played Miles back in February with Performance RT and visually, it's still a 10/10. Will always take lower lower resolution in favor of 60FPS with RT. Plus, the game will still have HDR so im ready!!!

Duchess

Played Miles back in February with Performance RT and visually, it's still a 10/10. Will always take lower lower resolution in favor of 60FPS with RT
I've not played it yet, but I've heard some complained about the lower pedestrian and traffic densities.

Did you notice at all? Would you say it's a big deal, or were you not bothered?

Supporting marginalized and persecuted groups triggers you that much? Nearly every major brand celebrates pride month.
You mean selective marginalized groups.

But the clear joke clearly flew over your head, try reading it again. If you want to overreact there's a purple website for that.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Cool! I hope the 60 fps res is still high! I know miles morales and spidey remastered both ran at 1800p 60 in their performance modes. Hope ratchet can at least match that

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I've not played it yet, but I've heard some complained about the lower pedestrian and traffic densities.

Did you notice at all? Would you say it's a big deal, or were you not bothered?
Honestly, didn't notice anything like that at all because I was too busy playing the game especially during combat. I'm not one that goes analyzing the games. So while im sure there were differences, even if I did happen to notice them, it wouldn't be a large enough gap for me to not use the Performance RT mode. Miles was/is still a 10/10 in visuals regardless of the mode used. All in my opinion of course.

Top Bottom