• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart I New Extended Gamescom Gameplay Demo

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
jhbSeP.png

• Female Lombax first spotted in the debut trailer is playable
  • One weapon, the Enforcer, will deliver a bigger blast if you push past the resistance from the adaptive triggers
  • No release date yet (but launch window of the PS5)
  • There will be returning characters from the past
  • We will revisit some know world
  • PS5 allow larger variety and number of enemies, visual effects, and more detailed environments

Comparaison announcement trailer vs extended Gamescom demo:

Direct feed 4K gameplay:

Some screenshots from the trailer (bad quality):

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
After that compressed stream this looks 10x times better thank God. Honestly, this looks like Ratchet and Clank PS4 but more.
I don't expect major gameplay innovations but graphically and as a PS5 demo this early launch title is a sure hit. Can't wait.

And armor falling off enemies? Nice touch.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I was working during but was glancing periodically. Did I miss something or was this the exact same footage we've already seen?

McCheese

Looks fun as fuck, really like how they described the haptic feedback implementation, seems like far more than just a gimmick.

I thought this was a late 2021 title, surprised to hear it's launch window. Looks pretty far along but you have to wonder why they showed the same footage as before if it's close to completion..

Last edited:

Arkam

Came to see a game video, saw a game video! Looks just as good as it did in the first time. Would have liekd to see nea areas, but then I also want as much of a novel experience as possible when playing.

Dr Bass

I'm not talking about aesthetics or art direction. I'm talking in terms of gameplay design. These Ratchet and Clank games are extremely simplistic in design, and really target a younger demographic just coming to grips with dual analogue controls. I'm looking for something with more meat on the bones.

Uh yeah, none of this is true. Between all of the weapon upgrades and the skill (platforming, combat) it takes to actually finish the game, it is HARDLY a "learn to use dual sticks" game.

Where do you come up with this stuff? It's bordering on straight up lying to try and force a narrative. The Ratchet games take skill and are great fun to play. This game is going to be very popular.

Last edited:
I'm actually excited, the amount of visual chaos it can do is great, love the level of destructibility, too. Mastering hopping around an arena via rifts will probably be very fun, I'm expecting the game to be less cinematic than this, or at least paced more properly with more player choice and big arenas with less scripted beats separating such action.

Top Bottom