• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParaSeoul

team real
Yesssss Yes GIF

Ebidramon

Banned
Since this is Silent Hill megathread for all intents and purposes, I would like to ask, what did you like about Silent Hill games, why do you like horror games like that (read, what do you like about being scared?), and wasn't it that SH games post SH, or maybe even starting with it started to become weaker, and weaker?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Since this is Silent Hill megathread for all intents and purposes, I would like to ask, what did you like about Silent Hill games, why do you like horror games like that (read, what do you like about being scared?), and wasn't it that SH games post SH, or maybe even starting with it started to become weaker, and weaker?
The atmosphere and anticipation of knowing somethings about to go down. Also it being melee based more so than a shooter is a massive plus.

The atmosphere and the searching of the environments. I also really loved the maps in this game, that once you found one it added in a handwritten style which door is liked and if a room has something important in it.

I also loved that in 1 and 2 there were not really many enemies in the buildings, but the game was being much more scary than Resident Evil, because often you would just hear a sound but don’t know what it was. It is much scarier not to understand what happens instead of just throwing some creatures in your way.

I also loved that in 1 and 2 everything was kind of connected and felt like a real town, this applies only in a certain degree to Silent Hill 3, but was completely replaced by separate levels in 4, which is actually one of the main reasons that I don’t like 4 so much.

I also love this kind of horror which is typical Japanese, that’s why I only think a Silent Hill from a Japanese developer can be a real Silent Hill Game.

SkylineRKR

Title needs changing to "general SH rumours" unless people are so guilllible they believe anything about Blue Box games being remotely relevant about anything, which in that case the world needs to end with such stupid people existing.

Yeah safe to say BBGS is done anyway.

A.Romero

Title needs changing to "general SH rumours" unless people are so guilllible they believe anything about Blue Box games being remotely relevant about anything, which in that case the world needs to end with such stupid people existing.

I vote for the thread to keep existing. There needs to be a place for either team to gloat and the other one to eat crow.

I agree there is no reason to believe BlueBox is putting out anything remotely interesting and is now just trying to take advantage of the people thinking there might be a link between them and either SH or Kojima Productions.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
At this point it's just a funny thread.. bit of a community of sorts, honestly it's not a good thread for general SH rumors since most of the posts aren't even related to SH.

The spamming of every Kojima tweet is just boring IMO, but not trying to ruin anyone else's idea of fun.

Kdad

Hasan and crew have been very quiet since Geoff's videoadpalooza...has any journalist that was getting clicks because of him 4 months ago maybe checked in to see that the death threats were not carried out?

Last edited:

A.Romero

Hasan and crew have been very quiet since Geoff's videoadpalooza...has any journalist that was getting clicks because of him 4 months ago maybe checked in to see that the death threats were not carried out?

Still 10 days for them to release something on 2021 as promised.

Top Bottom