• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 4 |OT| - Did You Miss Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Third episode was weird but I dug it. The ending was a good send off to an overall great, original take on a set of Holmes stories. Hope they leave it alone, or do an occasional one off special.

KeRaSh

Okay that was a massive letdown, this basically sums it up for how I felt - Please ignore the spelling mistakes as it's not typed by me.

1.) Why did they give Euros magic powers? It was laughably stupid that she could enslave an entire prison worth of guards and, presumably experienced, psychologists. Oh sorry, she was really really clever. That's fine then.
2.) Sherlock is now stupid. Doesn't solve crimes, doesn't remember his dad was allergic to dogs, can't recognise there is no glass two inches away from his face.
3.) Euros has spent years on this plan. Working with Moriarty, escaping prison, disguising herself as various people to entrap them, building a torturous assault course for Sherlock to escape from. Why does she try and kill them with a grenade drone before it all comes off?
4.) In the small, isolated grounds of a manor house, why did nobody check for a missing child down the nearby well?
5.) Why did Mycroft, super genius, let her talk to Moriarty? A person he explicitly states he thinks is a criminal? Spam can buy giving her a violin as a reward, but this is stupid.
6.) Why is Euros even in prison? A child, who they suspect (not know) killed someone, then set a fire, and they imprison her in the negative zone? Bit far no?
7.) Why is this super prison so shit? Sherlock and Mycroft infiltrate it by respectively putting on a scottish accent and dressing as Captain Birdseye.
8.) Why do they NEED to infiltrate it if Mycroft is so obviously in charge? Just walk in.
9.) How is Watson able to just climb the rope out of the well if he is chained to the floor?
10.) Why was the bit with Molly so rushed? Did she not deserve a bit longer on screen after she finally tells Sherlock she loves him, the culmination of four series of plot?
11.) Why is Mary such a big character?
12.) So what exactly did Euros and Moriarty plan together? Are we just meant to guess? Why did he react to the word Redbeard? He wouldn't know anything about it. Why did she mention Redbeard? Non of Moriarty's schemes involved him in any way.

2) This was dumb as hell. Also hated that the glass just magically reappeared when the three were put in the cell.

8) I think they justified it by implying that they suspected that someone helped Euros escape so they didn't know who to trust. Still wouldn't have made a difference given how the thing played out so yeah...

10) I was extremely let down that this wasn't resolved at the end. She confessed and that was it. Next challenge! Hurry! She completely broke down and I wanted to see how Sherlock interacts with her after that. His emotions that have been suppressed for all this time have been triggered but the events at the prison and then he goes back to being his old self?

Anyways. Albeit these inconsistencies I still enjoyed the episode. It wasn't as good as #2 but still way better than #1. I still hope they continue with the show. It's better than nothing I guess.

Magical manipulation stupidity aside, I didn't like how they nerfed Sherlock and Mycroft so hard. It was like watching Lestrade and Anderson trying to go through that gauntlet, and I was even starting to think Euros manipulated Mycroft specifically to be unhelpful. But nope. He was just that useless on his own, despite supposedly being the more clever Holmes brother.

Yup, that's something Moffat wrote: ridiculous binary choices that characters don't even question.

Still, it was enjoyable faffing about even if its gotten so absurdly silly now. You can tell they really, really wish they didn't kill off Moriarty at the end of season 2 since, they can't get in the TARDIS and use some bullshit excuse to unpaint whatever corner they were in.

Hyun Sai

Yeah, I didn't like it. The sister was like the usual shonen power creep only beatable by a shenanigan.

Bad season for me. Only one episode I enjoyed (always 2 in the previous three).

SKINNER!

Banned
Watched the finale last night. I think Ep 2 was the best episode of this season. Ep 1 and Ep3 were equal for me.

Episode 3 definitely had its great tense moments but I couldn't get past how SAW-y it felt during the middle. Coupled with all the Moriarty recordings I was laughing and wondering why given it's a pretty messed up situation. Perhaps I found it a little corny. So that, coupled with the CGI explosion (again I laughed) and then the anti-climactic ending I wasn't really sure what to make of that episode. It's not like I was frustrated with it but it felt like it wasn't what I expected...kinda.

I don't understand the hate for Episode 1. I liked it a lot.
Episode 2 was great too.
Episode 3 was good at times but not great up until the ending. I was hoping that the ending would raise the episode to new heights but instead we got the absolute worse ending to an episode of Sherlock ever. Holy shit that was rushed and terrible.

Farmboy

Still, it was enjoyable faffing about even if its gotten so absurdly silly now.

This pretty much describes my reaction. Enjoyable with some great moments while watching, doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever.

That's the main disappointment: that Sherlock was turned into a show best watched with your brain switched off.

UrbanRats

Wasn't Cumberbatch signed on for a fifth series? Or was there so much backlash that they outright cancelled it?

I doubt it, but:

Kr6j7cI.jpg

(though lol @ Season 3 being 97%)

And if it's true that the last episode had the lowest ratings ever for the show, i can see why.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Wasn't Cumberbatch signed on for a fifth series? Or was there so much backlash that they outright cancelled it?

They never commissioned a fifth series. There's ideas and the likes of Cumberbatch and Freeman would return in the event of a fifth series, but this is it for now.

Symphonia

Banned
I think both Cumberbatch and Freeman expressed interest in returning for a fifth season but, due to their busy schedules, they don't have time to do it. Cumberbatch is busy in the MCU now, and Freeman is...um, doing Fargo I think? Honestly, I think I'd like to see one more Christmas special (two hour) and that's it. The show has run it's course and, as evident in the screenshot of Rotten Tomatoes, the quality and reception has declined over the years. It's the Moffat Hypothesis. Give him any show with any actor, and you can guarantee he'll run it to the ground within a given time. It's a shame, really.

sheaaaa

This pretty much describes my reaction. Enjoyable with some great moments while watching, doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever.

That's the main disappointment: that Sherlock was turned into a show best watched with your brain switched off.

I remember watching the first episode of the first season and thinking how obvious it was that it was a taxi driver, and yet Sherlock took ages to get there.

I'm nowhere near a genius, it's just that complaints like this don't hold up at all.

I love where the show's gone, and the last episode was a complete thrill ride for me. Great stuff and I hope to see a fifth series.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Here's an image of the declining quality of Sherlock or "How tumblr fucked up the show for the rest of us"

Eh, more like 'how Moffat runs out of steam when he has to manage shows for long periods'. The exact same thing happened with Doctor Who.

sirap

Great finale. I understand some of the complaints here but as someone with a broken family and troubled siblings this episode hit me like a truck.

I hope we at least get another Christmas episode. I liked this season, it makes sense focusing more on the characters by this point of the series.

So Moffat did Modern Jekyll and now Sherlock I wonder whats next.

This season was worth it for “The Lying Detective” the cinematography in the early deduction sequence is so good. I understand the backlash to the season but I will always love this show for “A Scandal in Belgravia”.

Boem

I hope we at least get another Christmas episode. I liked this season, it makes sense focusing more on the characters by this point of the series.

So Moffat did Modern Jekyll and now Sherlock I wonder whats next.

Moffat did a recent university talk (it's on youtube), and someone asked him about this (and about what he wants to do after Doctor Who), and he said it's more of a coincidence that he did so many adaptions/continuations of old stories (Jekyll, Sherlock, Who) in recent years. A combination of both Sherlock and Who being childhood favorites and a writing dream for him, and it being easier to get funding for shows that are based on old classics rather than something new. He said that, whatever is next, it will be something new instead, because he doesn't want to be stuck with those old stories for the rest of his career. He said he wasn't particularly interested in adaptions like that for the sake of it but did Sherlock and Who specifically because they were childhood obsessions of his.

Of course, if Peter Jackson ever gets around to making that second Tintin movie, I'm pretty sure Moffat will be on board again (he was only involved early on with the first movie as the opportunity to take over Who came up at the same time), but I think that'll be the exception.

Eh, more like 'how Moffat runs out of steam when he has to manage shows for long periods'. The exact same thing happened with Doctor Who.

I honestly believe the two most recent Doctor Who seasons (the two Capaldi seasons) are the best the show has ever been, especially when talking about modern Who. And I loved the Matt Smith era (especially his first season, Smith's second and third season were a bit more troubled, but with very high highs). I'm rewatching the Capaldi episodes now, and even though I know I loved it at the time, I'm surprised just by how good it actually is. Mature, intelligent, surprising, great writing and characterization, beautiful acting by the two leads. There's an emotional intelligence to them that, frankly, no other Who season has ever had. It's going places where no other era of Doctor Who could ever go, and given that it's Moffat's 4th and 5th season of leading the show (along with the many specials inbetween), that's incredibly impressive. A visionary writer like that doesn't come around very often.

I do think that Moffat gets too much shit online. Sure, he misses sometimes. But he is an experimental writer who tries far more new stuff than people give him credit for, instead focusing on him repeating his trademark ideas (a legitimate criticism, but there's so much more going on in his work that it feels like a shame to limit discussions about him to that). Compared to the previous modern lead, Russel T Davies, Moffat is actually a far more varied writer. Every season of Who he does tries significantly new things, approaches and goes for a new tone. Not just for his work but for Who in general. Exactly what it should be - boring, samey Doctor Who (how I would describe RTD's Who) is bad Who. Tastes will differ of course, but his work is always beautifully layered, and I'm the kind of fan who loves to be able to think about all the themes and symbology in stories like that, and Moffat provides plenty of that. I'm still afraid we'll go back to safe mode on Who after Moffat leaves.

I think, in the future, people will look back on Moffat's time of Who as a golden era, like Holmes, and Hinchcliffe, and Douglas Adams before him. His recent work on the Capaldi seasons (apart from the most recent christmas special, which just didn't work for me) is absolutely outstanding. Frankly, in the context of all of Doctor Who, a masterpiece.

It's easy to shit on him, but he deserves far more credit than he gets. Being an experimental writer always means that not everything is going to work as well, but that's what makes it worthwhile.

I doubt it, but:

Kr6j7cI.jpg

(though lol @ Season 3 being 97%)

And if it's true that the last episode had the lowest ratings ever for the show, i can see why.

Where I live, they randomly bumped the episide an hour earlier and didn't offer a repeat. You only have three episodes this season, how hard can it be to deliver a consistent showing?

I bet that had a lot to do with it. At least, that's why I didn't watch the finale.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Really liked this Season. His sister is mental if that were me I would be angry as shit at her. All this because you wanted some playtime.

1.) Why did they give Euros magic powers? It was laughably stupid that she could enslave an entire prison worth of guards and, presumably experienced, psychologists. Oh sorry, she was really really clever. That's fine then.
Given every available bit of information the correct outcome of any action can be projected. This is basically the Holmes super power. Euros is just the best at that
2.) Sherlock is now stupid. Doesn't solve crimes, doesn't remember his dad was allergic to dogs, can't recognise there is no glass two inches away from his face.
I'll buy the mental block. Suspension of disbelief
3.) Euros has spent years on this plan. Working with Moriarty, escaping prison, disguising herself as various people to entrap them, building a torturous assault course for Sherlock to escape from. Why does she try and kill them with a grenade drone before it all comes off?
I assume she knew they wouldn't die or knew at least sherlock and mycroft wouldn't. Just wanted to impose her threat upon them. All of it was driving The holmes brothers to Sherrinford.
4.) In the small, isolated grounds of a manor house, why did nobody check for a missing child down the nearby well?
No frame of reference for the distance of the Well I don't think.
5.) Why did Mycroft, super genius, let her talk to Moriarty? A person he explicitly states he thinks is a criminal? Spam can buy giving her a violin as a reward, but this is stupid.
She purposefully asked for Moriarty in exchange for predicting 3 terror attacks on UK mainland I believe. Mycroft traded with her.
6.) Why is Euros even in prison? A child, who they suspect (not know) killed someone, then set a fire, and they imprison her in the negative zone? Bit far no?
Mycroft carried on "Uncle Rudi's" work. He can do whatever he wants she has the the lack of empathy and the ability to be a super threat.
7.) Why is this super prison so shit? Sherlock and Mycroft infiltrate it by respectively putting on a scottish accent and dressing as Captain Birdseye.
I mean firstly they where intended to get into it. Secondly they are both master of disguises.
8.) Why do they NEED to infiltrate it if Mycroft is so obviously in charge? Just walk in.
To test the security. They wanted to understand how Euros was out
9.) How is Watson able to just climb the rope out of the well if he is chained to the floor?
Plot hole
10.) Why was the bit with Molly so rushed? Did she not deserve a bit longer on screen after she finally tells Sherlock she loves him, the culmination of four series of plot?
I figure they don't actually like writing Molly anymore it's shit.
Strong Independent woman trope? They like her actor? Tumblr? It's a bad move anyway
12.) So what exactly did Euros and Moriarty plan together? Are we just meant to guess? Why did he react to the word Redbeard? He wouldn't know anything about it. Why did she mention Redbeard? Non of Moriarty's schemes involved him in any way
.They didn't plan anything really Euros turned Moriarty in her conversation with him. He was just another pawn but this time she had Sherlocks arch nemesis as a pawn so she could leverage it.

spelen

"1.) Why did they give Euros magic powers? It was laughably stupid that she could enslave an entire prison worth of guards and, presumably experienced, psychologists. Oh sorry, she was really really clever. That's fine then.
12.) So what exactly did Euros and Moriarty plan together? Are we just meant to guess? Why did he react to the word Redbeard? He wouldn't know anything about it. Why did she mention Redbeard? Non of Moriarty's schemes involved him in any way."

interesting list I will rebut a few of the complaints here.
1) this Is more of a personal opinion. but Sherlock can predict where and when you'll do things. euros is on another lvl intellectually so the ability to persuade ppl into doing what she wants isn't a stretch to me.
2) the glass trick worked for me cause I didn't see it coming. we also know that Sherlock has also been known to ignore the obvious when extremely focused. remember that one time he didn't know basic truths about the sun ?? lol
3) since she clearly planned things from the start what makes you think she didn't use the bomb to simply drive Sherlock to the island? it's not a stretch to say that she knew the probability of their survival wouldn't you say?
4) TRUE, although where exactly that well was located I do not know, plus it is clear that no one actually knew if she had killed the kid for sure...I might be reaching with this one tho. (u use this idea to justify point number 6 btw)
5) depends, he made it clear that she stopped 3 terrorist attacks from ever happening. Mycroft may have surmised that the cost-benefit of a 5 min interaction was worth the risk. btw in the end it sorta was worth it cause Euros really didn't kill that many ppl (we know off).
6) well Mycroft uncle made that decision what exactly do we know about him? was he a genius too who understood the risks she posed?. either way it was clear that she had psychopathic tendencies that proved a danger to everyone particularly Sherlock who she kind of wanted to kill it seems.
7) I think you can make that comment about any infiltration scene ever put to film.
8) I think someone else nicely summed it up in this thread
9) I don't even think this is worth thinking about lol
10) I don't agree with that statement...we have known since like s2ep1 that Molly was really into Sherlock (Christmas scene). we also know Sherlock loves Irene so that relationship would be a great anime plot but for Sherlock imo unnecessary.
11) yea this one I'm with 1000% she was decent in s3 but terrible in s4.
12) remember moriaty was obsessed with everything Sherlock. he just wanted to know everything about him, rebeared gave him insight in how Sherlock thinks I guess their never was any real rationale for it. THE DUDE SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FACE IN ODER TO PROVE A POINT LOL. as for euros she record a bunch of stuff of him (how she did it tho? no one knows.)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I guess I'm not the only one who did not like this finale at all. So contrived and out of nowhere. No real payoff or growth or anything.

I am hopeful for more though if only because Mary is dead, Moriarty is done, internal conflict is done and we can just get on to solving weird and curious cases and not big melodrama that bogs down the whole season.

BumRush

It wasn't a "good" episode but I did like it (middle of the pack at best though)

Season 4 was too much about the bigger story and less about what makes it so damn good...the investigations of specific cases.

Sort of reminds me of X-Files in a way. The monster-of-the-week episodes were always far better than the bigger picture episodes, and when they went towards the latter, they lost the edge.

If there is a season 5 of Sherlock, I hope it goes back to the old way (and with the montage at the end, that seems likely)

Blader

This season was weird. After the absolutely disgraceful first episode we get a brilliant second episode and a somewhat good but lackluster and rushed third episode. I think I liked the third season better.

The sister thing didn't work. At. All. Her magical powers, Sherlock not remembering nothing, the keeping her hidden for 30 years, the Moriarty thing... nope, bad, badly done.

It could've worked better if the twist wasn't so uninspired and rushed, the episode just ends with the cringe overload. What the hell, what's with Mary in this show? Nothing has ever worked about Mary, NOTHING, and they just keep shoehorning her everywhere even after dead ffs. She was a terrible character and now she becomes the narrator and the one to give purpose to these two when DEAD? Give me a break. And the less we talk about the final running piece, the better. Even the actors were cringing at this, you can tell.

I critized a lot but still, I honestly think it wasn't terrible overall, it was just uninspired. I think the show should not continue anymore.

I don't mind Mary as much as most seem to, but that last DVD thing was a total misfire for me. Why is Mary telling them they're Sherlock and Watson, detectives and crimefighters who work at their best when they're together? We know that! And they know that! Sherlock knows he's Sherlock Holmes, John knows he's John Watson.

Just seemed really pointless to me.

Magical manipulation stupidity aside, I didn't like how they nerfed Sherlock and Mycroft so hard. It was like watching Lestrade and Anderson trying to go through that gauntlet, and I was even starting to think Euros manipulated Mycroft specifically to be unhelpful. But nope. He was just that useless on his own, despite supposedly being the more clever Holmes brother.

This was explained. After they realized Eurus was going to make Sherlock kill one of them he decided to act like as a useless asshole throughout to get Sherlock to shoot him

Curufinwe

This season was weird. After the absolutely disgraceful first episode we get a brilliant second episode and a somewhat good but lackluster and rushed third episode. I think I liked the third season better.

The sister thing didn't work. At. All. Her magical powers, Sherlock not remembering nothing, the keeping her hidden for 30 years, the Moriarty thing... nope, bad, badly done.

I really liked the way they made me think they might have gone full r-word by bringing actually Moriarty back from the dead, and then finally flashed up the "Five years earlier" title to let you know they hadn't.

Jabronium

I really liked the way they made me think they might have gone full r-word by bringing actually Moriarty back from the dead, and then finally flashed up the "Five years earlier" title to let you know they hadn't.

That, and I also thought for a few seconds during the Eurus reveal in ep 2 (especially when the contact lens came out) they were going to go all the way and have it be Moriarty.

Overall extremely disappointed in the season. Few bright spots overshadowed by far too many missteps and contrivances.

1. A Scandal in Belgravia
2. The Reichenbach Fall
3. The Lying Detective
4. The Great Game
5. A Study in Pink
6. His Last Vow
7. The Sign of Three
8. The Final Problem
9. The Hounds of Baskerville
10. The Empty Hearse
11. The 6 Thatchers
12. The Blind Banker
13. The Abominable Bride

Deadly

I don't mind Mary as much as most seem to, but that last DVD thing was a total misfire for me. Why is Mary telling them they're Sherlock and Watson, detectives and crimefighters who work at their best when they're together? We know that! And they know that! Sherlock knows he's Sherlock Holmes, John knows he's John Watson.

Just seemed really pointless to me.
It's easier to accept the truth about yourself when you hear it from someone else. Remember these are guys that even require therapists at times.

BumRush

1. A Scandal in Belgravia
2. The Reichenbach Fall
3. The Lying Detective
4. The Great Game
5. A Study in Pink
6. His Last Vow
7. The Sign of Three
8. The Final Problem
9. The Hounds of Baskerville
10. The Empty Hearse
11. The 6 Thatchers
12. The Blind Banker
13. The Abominable Bride

I have a pretty similar list to you, although I thought abominable bride was pretty good (7/8 range, certainly not last)

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I thought the finale was pretty shit, I was mostly irritated during it and didn't even bother to think about the "tricks".

However, the rope... Obviously it was used for people climbing down and freeing Watson.

Edit: Loved the second. Favorite along/behind A Scandal in Belgravia.

Joni

I feel like this episode would have made more sensed if Moriarty was alive, allowing Euros and Moriarty to set off in the sunset together at the end coming back for an explosive season 5. The two of them pooling their intelligence would make more sense when it comes to her escaping and taking over the prison, maybe having used knowledge stolen from the bad guy last year.

So saw TFP on the big screen in Berkeley last night with NorCal Sherlock group. The post-viewing bitching devolved into exactly what I had issues with as well as a huge helping of "why couldn't Johnlock be canon????" as usual.

I just nodded and smiled while they ranted as usual.

Oh and I also theorized that whenever Mrs. Hudson/Molly/John/Sherlock didn't have Rosie, she was chilling with Uncle Greg. You can't take that away from me.

Otnopolit

So saw TFP on the big screen in Berkeley last night with NorCal Sherlock group. The post-viewing bitching devolved into exactly what I had issues with as well as a huge helping of "why couldn't Johnlock be canon????" as usual.

Oh and I also theorized that whenever Mrs. Hudson/Molly/John/Sherlock didn't have Rosie, she was chilling with Uncle Greg. You can't take that away from me.

There are many shockingly volatile people in the Johnlock camp. I guess people were animals when Benedict got engaged also. Fandom is a dangerous thing.

Uncle Greg, I love it!

My emotions (like Sherlock's) definitely overpowered me via my personal connections to his past and has elevated this episode greatly for me. Listening to the soundtrack on Spotify (this specific episode is on there as of now) definitely drove that home.

Media

Haha when Molly and Mrs. Hudson both showed up without the baby I was like 'Who the fuck has Rosie?! Oh wait, Greg's got her and is having adorable fun trolling Donavan with her."

Alandrus

Banned
I feel like ever since season 2 this show has struggled with its popularity. The show is quite meta to me that Sherlock (The show) popularity seems to translate into Sherlock(The character) popularity in the series. It's quite odd he's become a Rock Star around season 3+4 to the UK public. I see this as a host of problems in the show.
Watching bits of season 1 and 2 over my semester break. Season 4 Sherlock seems untouchable by even his own government. I mean, the season starts with them altering the ending of Season 3 so Sherlock never has to deal with consequence. Which is one thing the show lacks, consequence. Sometimes sacrificing logic for style... this whole season should be called that.
The idea of Sherlock deleting Euros from his memory didn't feel stupid to me since the show can defend it well. Sherlock doesnt know the earth goes around the sun in season 1. He explains how he deletes information from his Mind Palace. It can be defended.
What I dont understand is How did Euros influence Sherlock to be the man he is? It's a line Mycroft says but isn't explored. I feel like locking Euros up at a prepubescent just made things worse. If they wanted to do a mentor vs student relationship, they should've had Euros working alongside Sherlock- pushing him to his limits until he did something unmentionable with Euros that got her arrested and made Sherlock want to forget her entirely for what she did or made him do.
As for what Euros is in the show, she is potential. The lab test sequence was fascinating to me since it was fighting against Sherlock's code of ethics and about turning his cleverness against him. She is quite the villain.
But I felt zero sympathy for her. She isn't a good sympathetic villain. Her being a girl in a plane all alone was lost on me when she has the ability to walk out of prison anytime she wants. It also leaves confusion by Ep2. Was Sherlock only on the phone with Euros or did she physically have a meal with him? I feel like it was only the phone.
She is compelling. But she isn't a one episode character. She should've been Moriarty 2.0 without all the style. Just one cold bitch. She should've escaped at the end of this season after killing Mycroft (a real consequence unlike Mrs. Watson) and been a force for Season 5... which would've released sometime before Half-Life 3.
My most annoying problem with this season was Mycroft, the smart one, wasn't very smart. Mycroft throughout Sherlock has always been the better brain. (mentioned various times through out the series most notably the Deduction battle in 3x01) While Sherlock is solving small time crimes, Mycroft is playing the game on the global political board. He only needed Sherlock when it came to crimes domestically since he knew his brother would like the puzzle.
Which is why I found myself scratching my head as he seems completely inept in this final episode. Mycroft should've been stronger when it came to solving the puzzles.

All in all it felt like an okay season. It wasn't Season 2 but it was decent compared to other shows. I just feel like the show is struggling with the weight of its own popularity.

Haha when Molly and Mrs. Hudson both showed up without the baby I was like 'Who the fuck has Rosie?! Oh wait, Greg's got her and is having adorable fun trolling Donavan with her."

I was honestly picturing them in his flat, watching a football match, with him trying to mind his language as he called players out for diving and stupid fouls in between teaching her about the game.

On the coffee table, he'd have the diaper bag at the ready, bottle for her next to his beer bottles and some snacks.

Do you guys think Euros predicted Brexit and President Trump from twitter? If so, that means the british govt and/or Mycroft wanted both.

They needed a scene where Euros predicts the next Great British Bakeoff winner too.

rhino4evr

Sorry if this was answered but didn't episode 2 end with Watson getting shot in the face by his therapist? They didn't reference it at all. Maybe I missed something?

The whole finale was incredibly corny, starting from the very beginning with the "fake nightmare". How did they get the paintings to bleed?

The whole prison section was like a tamer and sillier version of SAW. It just wasn't that suspenseful to me. The stakes never really seemed that high. It was clear to me that the girl on the airplane was fake from the beginning.

The return of Moriorty was pure gimmick. The intro with queen and the audience cheering was just way too on the nose and self aware. It served no purpose to the plot or mystery. It was just him making stupid sound effects. Fan service at its worst.

The end with the "PS DVD" was so redundant and lazy. It was the show congratulating itself using a character that should have stayed dead.
Unnecessary.

I have to say that this was the first episode in the entire series that I actually truly disliked. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth after so many great episodes in the past.

I think the show should be done. Sad to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom