• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, all Bloodborne players who haven't played Souls before, how's it going?

Chaos

I played like 15 hours of demons souls like, launch day and the day after and never went back

I'm also out of potions and by the time I farm up 1 or 2 i'm having to use them to not die on whatever run I'm on so that sucks ass too.

GOTY

Spoilers -

There is a shortcut to the first boss after you pass the bonfire and run past the gun dude to the next area there is a house with a lantern where you speak to the npc to the left is lots of barrels you can break and you should go explore that area sticking to the left and go through the house out the ground floor.

Also good vid for boss - https://youtu.be/XD0kUBULEIM

Beat the game last night! Loved it! It's funny because I thought I was really thorough when I played but after checking the trophies I realized I missed a bunch of areas and optional bosses. Fired right into NG+ and am going to see how it goes. Curious how different it will be (enemies are definitely stronger so far, curious about the bosses) and excited to check out the new areas/bosses I missed as well as doing the chalice dungeons, Coop as well (Which I never tried but am assuming I will need this go-around.)

One of the best games I have played in a while. I do think it is not for everyone, but I think everyone should give it 3-5hrs to make that decision.

I'm more addicted to leveling up than actually progressing. I love number!. Numbers that are two to three more than the previous. What's wrong with me??

kenta

Has no PEINS
Noob questions:

- I've got like 12 antidotes in storage but have no idea how to get them into my active inventory. Going from the Hunter's Dream into the real world doesn't replenish my supply like potions. Little help?
- I've got a couple items of beast blood and it says they turn me into a beast temporarily? Would this be a good thing to use during a boss fight? Are these rare, and should I save them for something later? Does beast mode just let me attack faster or something?
- How do I replenish my stock of Fire Paper? Doesn't look like I can buy them but they seem to be really effective against this boss and I'd like to continue using them as I try to beat him...

Mine01

Guys I don't know where to go I just lightened up the old yhawhateverthecityname is lantern but the door is closed :(
Edit: wtf I just went back and I opened it o_O weird lol

w00zey

How far in to the game is the boss after the machine gun guy?

I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of the game.

Jisgsaw

Ok, I need help with R
om the spider whatever
Any tips? I can't seem to get him down to more than 40% before his minions + his attacks get the better of me.

Guys I don't know where to go I just lightened up the old yhawhateverthecityname is lantern but the door is closed :(
Edit: wtf I just went back and I opened it o_O weird lol

Yes, you have to first read the note, THEN you can open the door. I lost like 30 minutes because of that too.

How far in to the game is the boss after the machine gun guy?

I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of the game.

Not more than one third, as I haven't finished the game but already played for twice as long after beating that boss.

Noob questions:

- I've got like 12 antidotes in storage but have no idea how to get them into my active inventory. Going from the Hunter's Dream into the real world doesn't replenish my supply like potions. Little help?
- I've got a couple items of beast blood and it says they turn me into a beast temporarily? Would this be a good thing to use during a boss fight? Are these rare, and should I save them for something later? Does beast mode just let me attack faster or something?
- How do I replenish my stock of Fire Paper? Doesn't look like I can buy them but they seem to be really effective against this boss and I'd like to continue using them as I try to beat him...
hit the options button, browse down to the bottom tier where you can equip items, click on one of the boxes, and then find the antidotes from your inventory... i think that's how it works (I'm at work, but seem to remember those are the steps)

Noobcraft

Ok, I need help with R
om the spider whatever
Any tips? I can't seem to get him down to more than 40% before his minions + his attacks get the better of me.
I personally had success with him after killing all his spiders and using Tonitrus to hit him hard. Rom's only difficult move is the icicle attack from the sky, and once you get dodging that down it's pretty easy.

Kaiken

Banned
Ahhh, my skills! They're improving. My first no DIE boss kill, Vicar Amelia (solo of course)!!! Destroyed a few hunters afterwards cause I was feeling bad ass, including accidentally killing (back tracking to Tomb of Odeon)
Eileen The Crow
*sigh*. Then I went to see what was next and wandered in some woods
and got hunted down by a dozen rifle men
, I lol'd and called it a night.

Jisgsaw

I personally had success with him after killing all his spiders and using Tonitrus to hit him hard. Rom's only difficult move is the icicle attack from the sky, and once you get dodging that down it's pretty easy.

Yeah, I don't reliably evade it, and my problem is he seems to spawn it every 10 seconds after his second warp...
Also, I use the cane and blades of mercy, I guess these don't do enough damage, despite their quickness...

gunbo13

Wanted to share farming spot that is accessible earlier than later for people. Works for vials and echoes.

Go to Witch's abode. Run up stairs, kill the 3 witches, and the first executioner will come running. Parry and visceral attack. Run down the ramp and pick up the first of the two executioners down there. Kill him and then the last one. You should get 4-6 vials from the executions and over 10,000 echoes.

I have done runs in about 3 minutes. If you not great at visceral's though, do not attempt.

Noobcraft

Yeah, I don't reliably evade it, and my problem is he seems to spawn it every 10 seconds after his second warp...
Also, I use the cane and blades of mercy, I guess these don't do enough damage, despite their quickness...
You can use those weapons, but use
Bolt Paper because the boss is weak against electric attacks

He's in the upstairs of the cathedral with the lever you pull to open up the stairs after you open the Odeon gate.

Once you get up to the balcony area, there's a door and he's outside at the bottom of some steps.

I think his name is Alfred, but I can't remember for sure.

Oh Alfred... Yeah I found him. And wisely didn't attack him haha

Mendax

if you lock on to him and do a continous sidestep it can't hit you afaik

either way prepare for worse variations of that attack on future bosses :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I bought the game today. I'm determined to kill the first Executioner?(big ogre with 2h). I should probably head toward the boss tho.

Mendax

Old Yarnham, machine gun guy, any tips? He obliterates me the moment I'm out in the open trying to explore.

use the cover of the environments to get right below him, shouldnt be that hard to pull off. You can also go through the buildings where you start off on and the ones to the left of it.

Is there a shortcut to Pop G?? Atm I'm starting at central Y and hauling ass passed everyone all the way back to him. Thanks gaf:)

there is a lift back to the dark house with the wheelchair guy, you can activate it from the bridge right before the burning fireball the scumbags try to roll over you.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Old Yarnham, machine gun guy, any tips? He obliterates me the moment I'm out in the open trying to explore.

As soon as you get off the ladder shoot him a couple times and knock him off the ledge. Exit to main menu if the game and then continue and you'll be right there and his loot drop will be next to the gun.

Is there a shortcut to Pop G?? Atm I'm starting at central Y and hauling ass passed everyone all the way back to him. Thanks gaf:)

There is, but have you beat the Cleric Beast yet? I highly suggest doing that first so that you can unlock another checkpoint that's closer to Father G. To unlock the shortcut next to the Central Yharnam checkpoint, you'll need to go through the Aqueduct if I remember correctly. And the Aqueduct has some good items to collect as well.

Noaloha

Find the pig tunnel and, instead of approaching the pig, go up the ladder to the right of the tunnel entrance. Ignore the bridge and look to the left if it, there's a lift. Ride up. This is your shortcut. Now kill or run past the two big dudes, up some stairs kill one little dude, a little further is your familiar kamp.

Jisgsaw

You can use those weapons, but use
Bolt Paper because the boss is weak against electric attacks

I saw that, but you can't apply it on the blades. I'll have to level up my cane a bit.

if you lock on to him and do a continous sidestep it can't hit you afaik

either way prepare for worse variations of that attack on future bosses :p

I was fighting without lock on to keep the spider in check, I'll try that, thanks.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Finally beat Father G. PITA....and hope I never see his dead ass again. Don't even ask how many times it took, I'll need an accountant. I used several tips here....used the Long Axe, kept him between me and group of Tombstones to the right when you come in. And lit him up with some Molotov's a few times while hacking, dodging and getting health. What a freaking relief....

...now off to the Cathedral....any tips and suggestions there?

w00zey

Finally beat Father G. PITA....and hope I never see his dead ass again. Don't even ask how many times it took, I'll need an accountant. I used several tips here....used the Long Axe, kept him between me and group of Tombstones to the right when you come in. And lit him up with some Molotov's a few times while hacking, dodging and getting health. What a freaking relief....

Catheral really wasn't bad. The
guy manning the machine gun sucks but you can pretty much run from spot to spot to him. when you get to where he is run right for him and hit him with your blunderbuss until he falls off the edge. he won't respawn.

Wanted to share farming spot that is accessible earlier than later for people. Works for vials and echoes.

I've only just killed Amelia, but I still find the route from central bridge to Central yarnham to be the best farming spot for vials. I can get about 10 per 2-3 minute run. Plus 1500 blood echoes to spend on something else. There's als the woman in the wheelchair who drops 4 bullets each time you kill her

Dubz

I've only just killed Amelia, but I still find the route from central bridge to Central yarnham to be the best farming spot for vials. I can get about 10 per 2-3 minute run. Plus 1500 blood echoes to spend on something else. There's als the woman in the wheelchair who drops 4 bullets each time you kill her
You can Actually get 15 vials if you kill the wherewolves. They drop 3 vials about 75% of the time.

gunstarhero

I took a short hiatus from the game and currently fighting Father G - his
human form
is pretty easy for me - it's when
he transforms
that completely trips me up.

Currently using the Kirkhammer short sword and repeater pistol. Any advice on how to end him?

human form
he transforms

Currently using the Kirkhammer short sword and repeater pistol. Any advice on how to end him?

That big mausoleum? Keep running circles around it. Chuck molotovs every once in a while. Also use that music box. You will get one use after he transforms. Also stand next to him when he transforms then hit him with charged transformed R2

gunbo13

The 10,000+ echoes makes up for the difference if you want vials. I usually get 4-6 from the executioners. I think my cost is like 480 right now a vial. So that's about 21 from the store. So you can get around 25 per 2-3 minute run. Better yet is that if you have 15 mins (bleh, loading times), you can farm around 50,000 echoes and pull in close to 20 vials.

Bullets are also pretty pointless if you use blood bullets. Especially if you abuse regain to nearly eliminate the entire cost.

mjp2417

Banned
human form
he transforms

Molotovs are really useful for finishing him off safely.

marcincz

Yeeeeees. Me too, 20 minutes ago.
Probably after 15 tries. Definitely I must rest now.

The 10,000+ echoes makes up for the difference if you want vials. I usually get 4-6 from the executioners. I think my cost is like 480 right now a vial. So that's about 21 from the store. So you can get around 25 per 2-3 minute run. Better yet is that if you have 15 mins (bleh, loading times), you can farm around 50,000 echoes and pull in close to 20 vials.

Bullets are also pretty pointless if you use blood bullets. Especially if you abuse regain to nearly eliminate the entire cost.

Fair enough, but at this point, I havent killed the witches yet. Till then I would reckon my way is the most efficient available

SuperPac

So the guys that are patrolling/walking around with the bloody sack in the unseen village...what's a good way to deal with them? (Or should I?) I just took out the BSB but didn't run into VA and found myself in the unseen village.

So the guys that are patrolling/walking around with the bloody sack in the unseen village...what's a good way to deal with them? (Or should I?) I just took out the BSB but didn't run into VA and found myself in the unseen village.

I lured them into doorways one at a time and then used my long axe to deal with them.

Or visceral attacks. Though they were often hit and miss for me

gunbo13

Fair enough, but at this point, I havent killed the witches yet. Till then I would reckon my way is the most efficient available
Yep. Central is the best place to farm until that point, for the most part.

EDIT:
Though I know a good echoes farming spot in
Old Yharnam
. But not good for vials.

gunbo13

Welp, didn't know that at the last phase the guy starts poisoing when you are near him, how do I deal with that?
Have about 3-4 antidotes with you and basically keep your distance. Avoid his one hitter and other nasty attacks with poison.

Personally with my glorious cane, I
exploited the columns

This was my first souls game really (played about 3 hours of Demon's Souls at one point before giving up in frustration).

On my first character I ragequit on Amelia 16.5 hours in (I literally put 20-30 attempts into Father G and BSB getting to her as well), but I was already hooked enough to just restart a different character the same day. Going back through the initial areas (in a much faster time) really made it obvious I was getting better.

Ended up powering through the game, just beat it on Monday and started NG+ along with an Arcane based character (I didn't get the true ending because of stupid shenanigans on my part locking me out of the 3rd item I needed), but yesterday I went out and bought Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 also and started the first one.

This one finally got me, now I'm playing the back catalog. I think I was wrong about the controls being crappy in souls games.

I am having a really hard time giving up my threaded cane. Weapon is so boss. Made it to a new area where two hunters bum rushed me and I whipped them into submission at the same time.

I played Demon's Souls for a few hours when the game launched a few years ago. I only bought Dark Souls last year and played until after the second boss. Both times, I simply had other things I wanted to play. Well with Bloodborne, I finally finished my first "souls" game AND got the platinum trophy last night. I think the game is now one of my all time favorites. It has some flaws, both technical and design wise, but as a whole, it does so much well that you can actually overlook its faults for the great game that it is.

I LOVE THIS GAME

Top Bottom