• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to acquire Kojima Productions

Hostile_18

Banned
Death Stranding franchise doesn't excite me in the least but something like Silent Hill or Metal Gear would be amazing (sure Konami would licence out).

Mixed feelings if it's true.

molasar

Banned
I see this being pretty divisive.

It should be OK as Sony lowers a risk by releasing PC versions too e.g. Predator: Hunting Grounds. And it is not said that they will limit themselves to their own console only if they can't recoup an investment in some projects.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Would be the most pointless purchase in history.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, it makes total sense REALLY. But if you’re sleeping with the same woman every night and she doesn’t stray, it doesn’t make much difference coming out as in a “relationship”.

Kojima is totally in sonys bed, and isnt going to get out of it. Throwing a wad of cash at him isn’t going to change that.

DonJorginho

Banned
Now all we need is a Silent Hill PS5 exclusive.

AND WE ARE FEASTING MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima

lUsOOc5K7B0io46xgK6ezAfb6V5PtzTNmFNp1QTl9idtuVtjoq3qXqjAUDbzQmR4cQ3Kio0ggqK_oWS2yRe0u2p6A5_qLGi6Q9hAX0MhBv5ILMvXhJQZ8QmG16N1KAtQ-5FwGZRHuesysanVVwQDuPcZdtNo6UzxLkGwY-6LEphQ8uKWJJvAWJH93YpBeA

Last edited:

I mean, don’t get me wrong, it makes total sense REALLY. But if you’re sleeping with the same woman every night and she doesn’t stray, it doesn’t make much difference coming out as in a “relationship”.

Kojima is totally in sonys bed, and isnt going to get out of it. Throwing a wad of cash at him isn’t going to change that.

FvV7KDa.jpg

💙 :messenger_winking:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
"The rumor comes courtesy of HipHopGamer, who claimed the same in a video uploaded to twitter." Really grasping for straws these days, right?

Would suck if true, studios going exclusive is never a good thing, but it makes sense and will probably give them full financial security going forward.

It's not as if any other publisher apart from Sony is regularly and happily making these sorts of games anymore after all.

GHG

Gold Member

Hmm... Not so sure about this one. I wouldn't be so naive, there's a high chance she's getting dicked down in the daytime and not telling you.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
If these acquisitions continue the platform divide will become more and more apparent.

Having to buy multiple game boxes will become a more necessary requirement for most gamers.
Kinda sucks to be honest, that I need to buy practically the same hardware twice.

I don't see playstation games going on Xbox and vice versa.

I think and hope that the PC will become versatile enough that they will play all pc + Xbox games, and Sony will be forced to put all there games on PC too, like steam.

Funnily enough when the series X was announced I actually thought it was exactly what I am describing like a hybrid Xbox branded PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 888

Mista

Banned
Great news if it happened. Kojima Productions got lots of talented members and I definitely want to see more of KP games

Top Bottom