• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Early Access thread | See That Standard Edition Over There? You Can Upgrade It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
In the review I posted, he said the character creation is so detailed that you can even modify your neck size. I wonder if we can make 90 Day guy…..

90-Day-Fiance-Ed-Brown-6329-800x445.jpg

GladiusFrog

New xbox owner here, have some questions regarding gamepass.

One of the features I love about gamepass is how you can share it with other profiles with home system.

If I upgrade to Garfield premium will my wife be able to play early access on her profile too?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

clarky

Gold Member
Should get around 6 hours in tonight then a 12 the night after, taking my sweet time with this one. With how many different systems there are to get your head around (apparently) I see no need to rush.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
New xbox owner here, have some questions regarding gamepass.

One of the features I love about gamepass is how you can share it with other profiles with home system.

If I upgrade to the premium, will my wife be able to play early on her profile too?
As long at its your home xbox i think that works, at least my brother hopes it does lol.

RedC

If I game share with my brother and have access to my brother's game pass ultimate on my console and I get the premium upgrade under my username, will I be able to have early access?

clarky

Gold Member
If I game share with my brother and have access to my brother's game pass ultimate on my console and I get the premium upgrade under my username, will I be able to have early access?
See above, for that to work I'm pretty sure your xbox needs to be set as his home console. Don't quote me on that though. I'd get your brother to buy the upgrade to be sure.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Can someone explain to me the exploration criticism? I was gonna watch a Alanah Pearce video on it but I can't find it anymore lol

RedC

See above, for that to work I'm pretty sure your xbox needs to be set as his home console. Don't quote me on that though. I'd get your brother to buy the upgrade to be sure.
His console is set to home on my console and vice versa, hence why we're capable of game sharing.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It is and vice versa, hence why we're capable of game sharing.
Yes we do the same but ive not got him to buy an expansion (he doesn't have GP, uses mine). I can't see why it wouldn't work. Worst thing that can happen is you'll need a 2 week trial on your own account.

RedC

Yes we do the same but ive not got him to buy an expansion (he doesn't have GP, uses mine). I can't see why it wouldn't work. Worst thing that can happen is you'll need a 2 week trial on your own account.
I may just say fuck it and buy the premium upgrade and if it doesn't allow early access, I'll just refund it and wait until next week to play it when it releases.

Thanks for the help.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

Another great video to watch before the launch. Story spoiler free, but some stuff is revealed. There are chapter markers, in case you want to skip some content.

nikos

Upgraded.
Got charged twice.
Canceled.
Received only one refund.
Dealing with chat support.

Not a great start.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am hoping for a leaked executable so I can pirate the bullshit pay to play first edition until my Gamepass version unlocks.

( not really, I am hoping I have the will to finish FFXVI before starting Space Skyrim, but I would absolutely pirate to show my disdain for this bullshit, and if I had another 140 GB free )

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I might make my guy look like Tim Robinson, because he used to be a piece of shit, but not any more. I saw there was steaks in the game. I’m gonna make them sloppy.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
A little more than 2 hours wait for me as it unlocks at 8 PM.
Didn't fall asleep immediately yesterday night because of this.
The last game that did this to me was Skyrim 😁

It's Christmas in August!!

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The last video I posted here said there’s a clear cut difference in controls in combat between first person and third person, with side strafing being snappier in first person.

Pretty interesting.

SenkiDala

Upgraded.
Got charged twice.
Canceled.
Received only one refund.
Dealing with chat support.

Not a great start.
I wouldn't worry, MS has the best customer service of the "big 3". They help me within few hours, in France (not their most important market, by far) for stupid things like "hey I should receive 200 reward points today but I just got 150", and always solve it.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Gafers,

It’s been a blast getting hyped up with you all for this game. Next time I post, we will live in a world where we’ve played the game. I hope you all have a great time, as I’m sure I will. If I don’t get around to posting late tonight, I will surely post tomorrow morning.

See you guys in the stars.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I gotta hurry up and make some important decisions:

Pizza or tamales?

Dualsense or Razer Wolverine Ultimate controller?

I think I'll go with pizza, Red Bull, and the Razer controller in case I want to use back buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom