• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Early Access thread | See That Standard Edition Over There? You Can Upgrade It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
countdown 1 hour to go GIF by The X Factor

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah they are 12:00PM, in my time that’s 00:00, so at 00:00 here it’s 12PM there so it should unlock.
See that massive banner in the OP? The information you seek is located there. Global launch means everyone gets it at the same time, its not midnight everywhere all at once you plonker.

Connxtion

See that massive banner in the OP? The information you seek is located there. Global launch means everyone gets it at the same time, its not midnight everywhere all at once you plonker.
Yeah it’s not working due to the different time zones in New Zealand. Normally it would be 12 hours ahead of my time zone but they have it in Auckland so it’s only 11:05 😭

Well am off to bed as cant sit up till 1am, enjoy Starfield everyone 🙏

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I decided to upgrade my CPU, so I bought a 5800x3d off a local guy for $250. I just installed it and almost shit myself when my PC wouldn’t boot. Then I remembered I was supposed to do a BIOS update since I have B450M and it requires it for 5000-series CPUs. So I had to totally break it down and put my 3700x back in, load the BIOS onto a flash drive, update, and then reinstall the 5800x again.

TLDR- Now it works and I don’t have to commit homicide. 😇☮️

Last edited:

twilo99

I decided to upgrade my CPU, so I bought a 5800x3d off a local guy for $250. I installed it and almost shit myself when my PC wouldn’t boot. Then I remembered I was supposed to do a BIOS update since I have B450M and it requires it for 5000-series CPUs. So I had to totally break it down and put my 3700x back in, load the BIOS onto a flash drive, update, and then reinstall the 5800x again.

TLDR- Now it works and I don’t have to commit homicide. 😇☮️

lol

So what did you learn today? Uptade that bios more often! What kinda a board is it? I've got a B450 as well but MSI put out that update 2 years ago

Nice win on that $250 x3d tho.. I looked around when I was getting mine but never once saw one on cl or fb marketplace

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
lol

So what did you learn today? Uptade that bios more often! What kinda a board is it? I've got a B450 as well but MSI put out that update 2 years ago

Nice win on that $250 x3d tho.. I looked around when I was getting mine but never once saw one on cl or fb marketplace
Asrock.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

It was a smoking deal, and after seeing some benchmarks and posting a bunch of data this morning I realized I might need the extra push. Just verified it in 3DMark and it hit a little higher than the average score for my setup. I'm really happy everything came together perfectly.

I wish Nvidia would have done a Starfield-specific driver update like AMD just did. The most recent driver doesn't say a word about Starfield. IIRC you're on a 6800XT? Lucky you AMD guys just a fat performance boost right in time for the game.

Last edited:

twilo99

Asrock.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

It was a smoking deal, and after seeing some benchmarks and posting a bunch of data this morning I realized I might need the extra push. Just verified it in 3DMark and it hit a little higher than the average score for my setup. I'm really happy everything came together perfectly.

I wish Nvidia would have done a Starfield-specific driver update like AMD just did. The most recent drivers doesn't say a word about Starfield. IIRC you're on a 6800XT? Lucky you AMD guys just a fat performance boost right in time for the game.

Didn't Nvidia put out a driver update last week or something? I think we posted it somewhere here and it said something about Starfield.. or maybe it was just rumors I don't remember.

I think that 5800x3d will run the game really well, so enjoy.. great investment at $250! You can probably get another 2 years of that AM4 board, maybe more.

Make sure all cores are boosting properly, mine weren't and I had to change some things in the bios.

Look through here as well: link

I had a little youtube short on how to do PBO to lower your temps but I can't find it..

I've got a 6800xt ye we shall see how it does

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
We're at T-MINUS 15 minutes and DEFCON 1 ladies and gents. Congrats to all who made it this far, time to pour a beverage and get the munchies out. See you on the other side, its been emotional. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How long you plan on spending on that???

Is it as important as it is in BG3 for example?

I don't think there's a space-dick slider, but the decent third person view means there's more incentive to make a model than say .. Cyberpunk .. where you never see it.

twilo99

I don't think there's a space-dick slider, but the decent third person view means there's more incentive to make a model than say .. Cyberpunk .. where you never see it.

I'll give it a go.. I just have a hard time doing that and not actually playing but its part of the game

Why the fuck is my game updating from 0 GBs again to 117 GB? Did it auto-delete lol? Either way, enjoy your space adventure and share your impressions =D

Thabass

Why is it working on Steam, but the Xbox App says I'm too early. Seriously don't bungle this Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom