• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

They will say they want this or that, then all of a sudden they’re mandating no curvy women. Which doesn’t seem inclusive at all shockingly.

Cause they are puritans and as bad as the ultra religious right wing nutjobs they supposedly stand against. (I'd argue they have an uncomfortable amount in common with more and more)

They don't want inclusion and there is nothing egalitarian nor for the good of everyone in their intent . They want their preferences codified as the dominant one in whatever industry they worm themselves into. They will lie and use any deceptve wording to gain more and more steps up that climb.

They want power for themselves. That's it.

Last edited:

violence

Cause they are puritans and as bad as the ultra religious right wing nutjobs they supposedly stand against. (I'd argue they have an uncomfortable amount in common with more and more)

They don't want inclusion and there is nothing egalitarian nor for the good of everyone in their intent . They want their preferences codified as the dominant one in whatever industry they worm themselves into. They will lie and use any deceptve wording to gain more and more steps up that climb.

They want power for themselves. That's it.
Well, if you’re religious at least you have a belief system that has proven the test of time.

I would argue wokism is like this because the crazy cat ladies that write the gender studies courses feel threatened by sexy women.

I will take Christ people over Cat lady people any day.

Eesha

Neo Member
Last page reminded of this good ol' comic, in a good way.

t3zq7IB.jpg

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Discusses the lies, slander, and obfuscation of the truth being perpetrated by BGG and SBI in the defense of DEI initiatives.

Her channel is fantastic, I've been watching her videos for a little while now and her perspective as a female PoC who sees through the grift is refreshing.

Eiknarf

Banned

Thank God

Damn

sOHKoYI.jpg

Woggleman

I have to wonder when did the left become so sex negalive. They are as bad as the 80s and 90s moral majority crowd.

I always said that the religious right despises female sensuality while wokism despises male sexuality.

Boglin

I have to wonder when did the left become so sex negalive. They are as bad as the 80s and 90s moral majority crowd.

I always said that the religious right despises female sensuality while wokism despises male sexuality.
I think it's not that they despise male sexuality or are sex negative because they actively promote things such as sex work which contradicts that.
IMO it's that in pursuit of women's rights and to be free to choose to do whatever they want with themselves, certain feminists have perverted the idea of female empowerment to an extreme by thinking they're entitled to control everything related to women, even to the point of gatekeeping fictional depictions.
They don't think men should have the right to enjoy women, even in fantasy, without real women controlling and/or profiting from the means in which it's done. Anything less is viewed as sexist and oppressive.

Eiknarf

Banned
I think it's not that they despise male sexuality or are sex negative because they actively promote things such as sex work which contradicts that.
IMO it's that in pursuit of women's rights and to be free to choose to do whatever they want with themselves, certain feminists have perverted the idea of female empowerment to an extreme by thinking they're entitled to control everything related to women, even to the point of gatekeeping fictional depictions.
They don't think men should have the right to enjoy women, even in fantasy, without real women controlling and/or profiting from the means in which it's done. Anything less is viewed as sexist and oppressive.
Men and women compliment each other and as Shakira said last week, “that complement should not be lost.”

lmimmfn

Her channel is fantastic, I've been watching her videos for a little while now and her perspective as a female PoC who sees through the grift is refreshing.
Have to agree with this, only watched the video Faust linked but continued to watch many of her videos, her perspectives are great, refreshing and she explains very well the shit storm we are in and why, she has a great channel that is well worth watching/subscribing

lmimmfn

Discusses the lies, slander, and obfuscation of the truth being perpetrated by BGG and SBI in the defense of DEI initiatives.

Not only that she describes very well the dangers of "woke" ideology across several videos, she is well worth watching.

I think that's a great way of understanding it.

One thing I think they both have in common is an acceptance of the power that attractive women have over men.

The religious right fears that this can take power away from men and give it to women. It also fears that men will lose their minds and put sex before everything else, given the chance. Basically, society will degenerate into debauchery if we don't curtail female sensuality because men can't control themselves.

The woke left knows that there is nothing an intelligent woman can say that will be more interesting to men than what a sexy woman looks like. They fear that women's intellectual contribution to society will be swept away if we left male sexuality run riot. They also fear the physical power that men have over women which will result in their total subjugation if we don't limit it.

They both make good points but their extremes can be extremely toxic.

Reallink

"- SBI and a POC writer were brought on board to help with a more authentic perspective."

Mentioned this in another thread, but I presume that bulletpoint is referring to Zaire "Zeestermeester" who recently filleted Geoff Keighley simply because he made a post about that Gamescent product, and wasn't sufficiently commiserating and prostrating himself before the alter of Anti-Capitalism amid Sony's recent layoff purge. Honestly didn't think it was related to this, I capped it cause I thought it'd be funny to post it when Keighley was inevitably hocking the game for MS/Compulsion at a Summer Game Fest or TGA's. Seems the rot runs deep though and these leftist activists all wind up being related to each other somehow.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

"- SBI and a POC writer were brought on board to help with a more authentic perspective."

Mentioned this in another thread, but I presume that bulletpoint is referring to Zaire "Zeestermeester" who recently filleted Geoff Keighley simply because he made a post about that Gamescent product, and wasn't sufficiently commiserating and prostrating himself before the alter of Anti-Capitalism amid Sony's recent layoff purge. Honestly didn't think it was related to this, I capped it cause I thought it'd be funny to post it when Keighley was inevitably hocking the game for MS/Compulsion at a Summer Game Fest or TGA's. Seems the rot runs deep though and these leftist activists all wind up being related to each other somehow.

Race grifters gonna grift

it's also pretty rich calling keighley a nepobaby when the Gaming industry is so disgustingly incestuous and driven by "who you know". This person is really gonna sit here and tell me they got to 3 big massive Studios and wrote for massive IPs super early in their career because they are just that talented. Of course not, She's absolutely piggy backed her whole career on people she knows and probably who she's willing to fuck.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I live in the deep south. The idea of hiring SBI to make portrayals of the deep south more "authentic" is ridiculous. SBI is located in Montreal, Canada. Their staff have spent their entire adult lives either in college or in a liberal, big-city echo chamber. Their "insider knowledge" of the deep south comes from reading woke manifestos and watching movies. What you will get from them is a very predictable mix -- one part historical stereotype, one part modern race pandering.

Hey, guess what. Just because someone is black doesn't make them an expert on the American south. Or on racism, for that matter.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Burn it with fire, the sooner these commies are removed from gaming the better.

Humdinger

If they wanted a black person's perspective on the south shouldn't they have looked to a southern black person? That's hiring a guy from Seattle to get an Italian's perspective on Brooklyn.

Right. It's like hiring Justin Trudeau as a consultant for the Sopranos.

I also think, if you're going to write a story about the south, you ought to know something about it. You shouldn't have to hire a consultant to tell you about it. Write about what you know -- or at least, do your own research. What novelist would hire a consultant to tell him how to write a story?

p.s. But of course, they aren't hiring the consultant, they are being forced by MS to use the consultant. And the consultant is not serving "authenticity," but compliance with MS's DEI/ESG priorities.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hey, guess what. Just because someone is black doesn't make them an expert on the American south. Or on racism, for that matter.
Thats the thing about race based ideologies, which are retarded.

On one hand, someone will say... skin colour is only skin deep. It's the person underneath that counts. Then the next minute, it's all based on skin colour.

A white and black guy growing up in the same neighbourhood will have a lot in common. On the other hand, a bunch of white guys coming from Seattle, Moscow, and Oslo will be totally different. Right off the bat, they probably all speak different languages.

Yet given these scenarios, the white and black guy would be considered total diversity, while the 3 whites are considered the same kind of people.

Last edited:

freemandos

Neo Member
The Second Wind is the new Zero Punctuation to be clear.

I remember when Yahtzee said openly being of a minority didn't make a deep character in a Zero Punctuation review (The Last of Us part 2). What happened now? Did Nick wake up with the wrong foot or what? It's hard to believe this.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

The Second Wind is the new Zero Punctuation to be clear.

I remember when Yahtzee said openly being of a minority didn't make a deep character in a Zero Punctuation review (The Last of Us part 2). What happened now? Did Nick wake up with the wrong foot or what? It's hard to believe this.
ah ok, i see the pedigree then...

i personally got bored of the Yahtzee shtick many years ago. Pretty stupid to be a new brand and have an idiot on your team spouting politically charged nonsense online.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

i saw thumnails about DEI from Nintendo of America regarding job offerings

luckily with nintendo we know their studios are still inherently japanese besides retro.

this would reflect more on stupid localisation and diversity hires, but I don't think the games will destroyed all that much.

I don't see this resulting in a trans paraplegic mary-o

but there will be text dialog where for sure instead of saying "thank you link, gary will be stoked" like in the Japanese script. it will be "thank you link, gabby my trans lover will enjoy my weiner tonight"

Last edited:

Fake

"And honestly, I’m not surprised these programs didn’t work, and here’s why: it’s just corporate PR. They want good vibes. And also, they want to cover their a—. Okay? Did you know that if a company gets sued for civil rights violations, just having a DEI program will be counted as evidence in their favor, even if the program doesn’t do s—. It’s the ‘I have a Black friend’ of the legal system, all right?" he argued.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Thats the thing about race based ideologies, which are retarded. [...] Yet given these scenarios, the white and black guy would be considered total diversity, while the 3 whites are considered the same kind of people.

Right. Which, back in the day, is what we would call "racism."

But MLK is outdated, don't you know. :messenger_smirking:

Top Bottom