• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech demo through time

Radical_3d

Oh the memories. I first saw that on a Hungarian Gamestar DVD. I couldn't imagine seeing something like this in real life :D Back in the days I really liked the june/july magazines. So many great news about games
I have that demo if I didn’t throw away all my PS1 demo disk. Which is something very feasible.

Fawst

Banned
What kind of retro tech demo showcase is this without Voodoo 3dfx benchmark videos?

Well, you just gave me an uppercut to the nostalgia button. I used to watch Final Reality on repeat so many times because of the music in the credit sequence. I was a big fan of (but not a part of) the demo scene. Musicians like Necros, Leviathan, Purple Motion, etc. were so my jam back then. Used to crash my computer playing some more advanced Scream Tracker files lol

Diddy X

Haha cool thread.

I see "high detailed models" or "high definition textures" have always been a thing, even in the ps2 days.

stranno

This is the most impressive tech demo ever.

8MXwzu9.png

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

this is a personal rework of the Original UE4 tech demos. I tried to add realistic post processing effects to the beautiful tech demo created by Epic Games. You can instantly find better sense of depth, new detailed Reflections and Realistic Lights, thanks also to the use of Global illumination using also the "RT Beta Shader" from Pascal Glicher. As my signature there is an high quality "Color Grading" and many more Filmic Effects that give the last Photorealistic touch. My mod thanks to "Screen Space RT GI" and "Ambient Occlusion" add new Realistic lights and shadows around the objects of the entire screen. I tried also to improve the "cinematic fx" adding effects like Lens Flares and Chromatic aberration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom