• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Kinsei

Banned
How exactly am I supposed to beat Moldorm, the volcano boss on solo? He keeps on following whatever Link I switch to?

No it doesn't. It doesn't change targets until it reaches the doppel or you hit it. In solo the boss fight becomes a game of keep away with your soul as the ball.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Going by your avatar and username, you have fantastic taste in games.

D8yqFrR.png

Thanks. A good game with adorable characters means I'm there.

No it doesn't. It doesn't change targets until it reaches the doppel or you hit it. In solo the boss fight becomes a game of keep away with your soul as the ball.

I just did the boss
during the re battle on the fortress
, much easier. Though I didn't see the color change in its eyes.

I have 3 3DS systems, so I did download play and played through the first dungeon by myself, reformatted 1 system, played through the first dungeon again, and got enough tokens to make the blocky retro costume. I don't think I'll keep doing that to get 15 tokens, though.

Chase17

48/128. Still a long way to go if I want to 100% this game.

lag may be from my end, my roommate has a big download going. :(

Edit: now that I think about it, it would have to be a lot more than my roommate to slow it down. Might be server.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I have 3 3DS systems, so I did download play and played through the first dungeon by myself, reformatted 1 system, played through the first dungeon again, and got enough tokens to make the blocky retro costume. I don't think I'll keep doing that to get 15 tokens, though.

Oooooh, I never thought about this. I think I could do the same! I might consider this.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm about to make a room to complete all of the Riverside challenges. Feel free to join! My FC is in the NA spreadsheet.

Chase17

What's with the horrible lag today!!!
What do we do now :( ?
Want to try one more time? And if the lag is still bad we can try and figure it out from there.

Edit: want to go to colleseum and get some materials there? Lag might not be as bad/important there.

Haines

Banned
Can I play the full game via 1 copy download play?

I have 3 3ds so that would make buy this for local 3 player. If I need to buy more than 1 copy il have to pass.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm in for some challenges. FC in the spreadsheet

Adding you then I'll reopen the room.

EDIT: Room reopen!

EDIT: it keeps disconnecting me and saying I don;t have an internet connection. Guess I won;t be playing right now.

Dad

Adding you then I'll reopen the room.

EDIT: Room reopen!

EDIT: it keeps disconnecting me and saying I don;t have an internet connection. Guess I won;t be playing right now.

I keep getting errors trying to connect to the servers as well. I think it's something on Nintendo's end

XaosWolf

Can I play the full game via 1 copy download play?

I have 3 3ds so that would make buy this for local 3 player. If I need to buy more than 1 copy il have to pass.

Download Play allows you you play the whole thing. =D

The catch is that the download players can only purchase 2 Outfits. The materials are saved however, and can be transferred to the game if they buy it from the eShop.

Zero_IYAD

Server down for maintenance!
Horrible timing Nintendo!
The game came out 2 days ago & they just won't let us enjoy the game on weekend :|

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

I just did this 8 times. Talk about time consuming! I have a feeling that you'll need 16 tokens, because there seems to be a subplot about having more friends than the kid. (I'm assuming there's another 2 outfits, requiring 3 and 5 tokens each.)

The 8-bit outfit makes the music all chiptuney and the wonderful 101 outfit has no effect whatsoever. The game seems to indicate that something happens if 3 people wear it, but there's no chance of me ever experiencing that - they're not essential content by any means.

Also, it still counts enough for a token if you enter a dungeon then immediately quit.

I just did this 8 times. Talk about time consuming! I have a feeling that you'll need 16 tokens, because there seems to be a subplot about having more friends than the kid. (I'm assuming there's another 2 outfits, requiring 3 and 5 tokens each.)

The 8-bit outfit makes the music all chiptuney and the wonderful 101 outfit has no effect whatsoever. The game seems to indicate that something happens if 3 people wear it, but there's no chance of me ever experiencing that - they're not essential content by any means.

Also, it still counts enough for a token if you enter a dungeon then immediately quit.

"When all three Links wear this outfit, they will deal more damage, dodge 25% of attacks, and find Heart and Rupees more frequently."

The effects of the Tri suit apparently.

DangerMan

Banned
Online in this game is a disaster, the constant disconnects near the end of dungeons makes this the biggest chore of a game I have played in ages.

Is it possible for me to do download play with my brother, while my friend uses his actual copy? That way me and my friend can actually save our progress we make while my brother plays with us. It seems when using download play the only person who can save is the person hosting the download play and it is not possible to do 2 players with a cartridge and 1 player using download play.

Basically this game seems to want people to not enjoy it.

EDIT: I am asking if two people can play locally with cartridges and one person using download play. I already know for sure me and my brother can't use download play and then play with my friend online.

Online in this game is a disaster, the constant disconnects near the end of dungeons makes this the biggest chore of a game I have played in ages.

Is it possible for me to do download play with my brother, while my friend uses his actual copy? That way me and my friend can actually save our progress we make while my brother plays with us. It seems when using download play the only person who can save is the person hosting the download play and it is not possible to do 2 players with a cartridge and 1 player using download play.

Basically this game seems to want people to not enjoy it.

EDIT: I am asking if two people can play locally with cartridges and one person using download play. I already know for sure me and my brother can't use download play and then play with my friend online.
Yes it is possible. I played with two people who had a cart while I didn't.

The nice thing is, the person who doesn't have the game still gets loot saved in the EXTRA DATA of the 3DS. So if they do eventually buy the game, they'll have a bunch of stuff waiting for them.

DangerMan

Banned
Yes it is possible. I played with two people who had a cart while I didn't.

The nice thing is, the person who doesn't have the game still gets loot saved in the EXTRA DATA of the 3DS. So if they do eventually buy the game, they'll have a bunch of stuff waiting for them.

Thanks for the quick reply, makes the game a lot more appealing to return to now. Online is still not an option as the game disconnects before the end of dungeon more often then it lets me finish.

Top Bottom