• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Zero_IYAD

I just did this 8 times. Talk about time consuming! I have a feeling that you'll need 16 tokens, because there seems to be a subplot about having more friends than the kid. (I'm assuming there's another 2 outfits, requiring 3 and 5 tokens each.)

The 8-bit outfit makes the music all chiptuney and the wonderful 101 outfit has no effect whatsoever. The game seems to indicate that something happens if 3 people wear it, but there's no chance of me ever experiencing that - they're not essential content by any means.

Also, it still counts enough for a token if you enter a dungeon then immediately quit.
I NEED 3 FRIENDLY TOKENS ASAP O__O !!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I NEED 3 FRIENDLY TOKENS ASAP O__O !!

FUCKING BULLSHIT!
========
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3-J36n8kzM

Yo nintendo:
M77agZD.gif

*ahem* Fuck the boss in 6-2, that boss is borderline impossible on solo runs when trying to keep the platform balanced and being able to hit it

Joqu

Man this game has a great soundtrack, I love it. Did you guys notice the unique tracks in the colosseum when you're holding someone or being held? They put a lot of effort into it, really cool stuff.

Loving the game in general too! Some features missing that stand out to me but if they improve on things I could easily see myself play a new online co-op Zelda once every few years, it's great fun. Hope that happens.

I still love the competitive Four Swords style too though. I still want them to bring that back, I've got no one to play the DSi release with. :(

Gonna add some EU peeps soon but now's probably a bit late for that.

I have 3 3DS systems, so I did download play and played through the first dungeon by myself, reformatted 1 system, played through the first dungeon again, and got enough tokens to make the blocky retro costume. I don't think I'll keep doing that to get 15 tokens, though.
To save time, you don't have to complete a level to get your token. Just enter any, return to
lobby, and cut off connection to go get it.

All I needed was the Timeless Tunic. Music sounds so good in 8-Bit.

I did it last night with randoms. We were all equally determined.

Was definitely a challenge, but doable in 3-5 tries.

I just thought we might have been missing an hourglass that's easy to miss. We probably need to be more careful when we fight those annoying insects that scutter across the water.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What happend to the old days of zelda where you have to figure it out? =/
Have you played this game with random people? They can't.

I was in a level where I had to make the other two people pick me up so I could shoot the torch to light another torch. It's a basic Zelda puzzle but they couldn't figure it out. I stood in the place we had to be, shooting arrows at the side of the torch and hitting the totem icon but it still took them almost 5 minutes. We finished the level and I left those morons.

Cindro

Heya! Big Zelda fan here, have played every game in the series to completion, but I'm oddly on the fence about this one. A few questions:

1) How would you rank it specifically against Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures?
2) I know two people can't connect locally and have a third person join online, but can two friends join an online party together and fill the third slot with a random? That seems like a simple workaround, since those two friends could still be in the same physical location playing together that way.
3) Is the A.I. competent/easy to control when playing alone?
4) Are there any meaningful side quests, or any reason to do the drabland challenges for better costumes after you've already beaten the game?

Heya! Big Zelda fan here, have played every game in the series to completion, but I'm oddly on the fence about this one. A few questions:

1) How would you rank it specifically against Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures?
2) I know two people can't connect locally and have a third person join online, but can two friends join an online party together and fill the third slot with a random? That seems like a simple workaround, since those two friends could still be in the same physical location playing together that way.
4) Are there any meaningful side quests, or any reason to do the drabland challenges for better costumes after you've already beaten the game?

1. I think it's better than the GBA game, but worse than the GC game.

2. I don't know.

3. There is no AI. You lift everyone else up and carry them around and switch between them with the touch screen. It's really bad.

4. Besides being able to say you did everything, I don't know.

danwu

Banned

yes to no.2

TheMoon

Anyone know if local multiplayer (not download play) is region locked?

Yes it is. Someone even made a rage thread about it the other day.

2) is covered explicitly in the OP. Yes.
3) there is no AI. you switch between each one or carry them around.

danwu

Banned

Absolutely to no.4, the bonus challengers are a blast !

I especially like no swords !

I think I hate this game. Single player is incredibly tedious and multiplayer is full of emote happy asshats who quit at the boss. This isn't fun.

Christ the single player is awful. Trying to do the guard the orb challenge on abyss of agony is a load of bullshit with having to balance between a doll carrying the orb around, another doll having to make pillars and another doll on arrows. You can't even dress the dolls which makes an already shitty experience even worse. Such garbage design.

georly

hey, I just started last night (while the servers were down) so I was forced to play single player.

Single player seems identical to multiplayer, except that, you know, you control the doppels and it's super boring.

My question is this: Do you get anything special for completing single player or is it only for people who CAN'T play multiplayer? Is there a seperate progress tracking (Checkmarks on stages completed type thing) for solo?

If I can avoid SP to 100% I will.

TheMoon

My question is this: Do you get anything special for completing single player or is it only for people who CAN'T play multiplayer? Is there a seperate progress tracking (Checkmarks on stages completed type thing) for solo?

If I can avoid SP to 100% I will.

There is separate progress tracking. In the lobby, check the board on the left side. On the bottom screen there are buttons that say "singleplayer" and "multiplayer" hold your finger on one of them to see the stats for only single or multi. The default view is combined stats.

SP isn't boring once you realize you'll need to play some levels completely differently by managing all three characters alone. Changes some things dramatically.

Top Bottom