• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The OFFICIAL Spider-Man® 2 THREAD. REVIEWS. ALL SPIDEY-RELATED EVENTS. EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobi

Seth C said:
Where do all those Spidey comics come from? Other than that directory?

I guess the webmaster from that site made 'em. They're an absolute crackup, mainly because they're so completely out there.

Willco

Hollywood Square
So it looks like Spider-Man 2 will make around $90 million this weekend. I guess the $60+ million from Wednesday and Thursday will break the five-day record set by The Matrix Reloaded, though.

ManaByte said:
My favorite parts:

Alex Ross' opening credits.

Seeing Doc Ock just walking around on those awesome mechanical arms.

The snooty usher!

"My back! My back!"

The great "Marvels" moment on the train after the bulk of the fight.

The look on MJ's face when she sees Spidey unmasked.

Ock's "redemption" at the end.

"Go get em Tiger"

ditto. The opening credits were so beautiful. There's not other word for it, just beautiful.

Pattergen

Willco said:
So it looks like Spider-Man 2 will make around $90 million this weekend. I guess the $60+ million from Wednesday and Thursday will break the five-day record set by The Matrix Reloaded, though.

Looks like BOM forcast will turn out to be pretty accurate. They predicted a $155m five day total, which ups M:Reloaded by a lot if I remember correctly.

Drexon

Banned
I skipped past the intro.

So, does anyone agree to the fact that the main character is BUTT UGLY?! Me and my friend broke into laughter a couple times when he tried to make facial expressions, sooo ugly!

Pretty lame flick, a couple of cool action scenes but oveall it was.. meh.

COCKLES

being watched
Good movie. But it's still lacking something. Even with CGI they have failed to capture the sheer visual dynamics of the comic.

Writing wise I thought it was a bit lame to allude to Doc Oct being controlled by his arms AI.

McGuire did a good job though - a lot better then the first one and Jonah was awesome, especially when his going on about beging wrong with Spidey...until he takes his constume back. :D

Great elevator scene as well.

Kirsten Dunst...very fuckable. I'd hit her in a second. But she just *isn't* Mary Jane from the comics.h

And kudos to including the 60's theme with the Chinese girl on the violin. ;)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Saw Spidey 2 today (hooray for the awesome movie theaters in Ginza) and HOLY CHRIST was it absurd. Not bad, mind you, it was quite entertaining, but it seemed like the whole movie was either recycled verbatim from the first movie or simply fraught with needlessy absurd and improbable situations.<<<

No, you're thinking of X2.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TAJ said:
>>>Saw Spidey 2 today (hooray for the awesome movie theaters in Ginza) and HOLY CHRIST was it absurd. Not bad, mind you, it was quite entertaining, but it seemed like the whole movie was either recycled verbatim from the first movie or simply fraught with needlessy absurd and improbable situations.<<<

No, you're thinking of X2.
Then you explain to me how
THE RIVER can somehow NEGATE FUSION.
They could have at least had the decency to some up with some crazy way to solve it, but instead they decided to
drop what is apparently a miniature sun into a body of water
...that makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER has a solution. None. No sense of any kind.

Why would you conduct such a major and potentially horrifically dangerous experiment in your own apartment anyway (the first time around earlier in the movie)? And who would come to watch and stand, completely unprotected, within ten feet of what was basically an exposed sun? It's one thing to do such a crazy and groundbreaking demonstration/experiment in a full blown lab, but not in your kitchen for god's sake.

My point is that some of the absurdity in this movie went above and beyond the ordinary limit needed for a superhero movie. They spend so much of the movie building up Spidey as a believable regular guy who's really no different from everybody else and whatnot and make his character as realistic as possible, and yet they make so much of the rest of the movie so over the top and ridiculous.

And why is it that a portly middle aged man whose only "superability" is that he has given himself 4 mechanical arms can suddenly survive the full force of falling from god knows how high on numerous occasions, being hit in the face with large and very heavy metal objects, and not get knocked out by a punch to the jaw from a superhero with superhuman strength? All that happened to the dude is that he got mechanical arms. He's otherwise still the same flabby dude with no other physical improvements.

My point is that a movie that goes so far out of its way and does such a good job of humanizing its lead hero should not be filled with such nonsense (completely NEEDLESSLY, I might add...it would not have taken much difficulty AT ALL to make any of these points even SLIGHTLY more believable). I know superhero movies have to be somewhat silly/over the top from time to time in order for them to work, but there was WAY too much stupid nonsensical bullshit (mostly revolving around Octavius and the fusion business) that simply did not need to be SO stupidly absurd.

Phoenix

MetatronM said:
Then you explain to me how
THE RIVER can somehow NEGATE FUSION.
They could have at least had the decency to some up with some crazy way to solve it, but instead they decided to
drop what is apparently a miniature sun into a body of water
...that makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER has a solution. None. No sense of any kind.

Why would you conduct such a major and potentially horrifically dangerous experiment in your own apartment anyway (the first time around earlier in the movie)? And who would come to watch and stand, completely unprotected, within ten feet of what was basically an exposed sun? It's one thing to do such a crazy and groundbreaking demonstration/experiment in a full blown lab, but not in your kitchen for god's sake.

My point is that some of the absurdity in this movie went above and beyond the ordinary limit needed for a superhero movie. They spend so much of the movie building up Spidey as a believable regular guy who's really no different from everybody else and whatnot and make his character as realistic as possible, and yet they make so much of the rest of the movie so over the top and ridiculous.

And why is it that a portly middle aged man whose only "superability" is that he has given himself 4 mechanical arms can suddenly survive the full force of falling from god knows how high on numerous occasions, being hit in the face with large and very heavy metal objects, and not get knocked out by a punch to the jaw from a superhero with superhuman strength? All that happened to the dude is that he got mechanical arms. He's otherwise still the same flabby dude with no other physical improvements.

My point is that a movie that goes so far out of its way and does such a good job of humanizing its lead hero should not be filled with such nonsense (completely NEEDLESSLY, I might add...it would not have taken much difficulty AT ALL to make any of these points even SLIGHTLY more believable). I know superhero movies have to be somewhat silly/over the top from time to time in order for them to work, but there was WAY too much stupid nonsensical bullshit (mostly revolving around Octavius and the fusion business) that simply did not need to be SO stupidly absurd.

While I agree with you on these points, I was able to let these go and enjoy the movie. You have to, the same way you'd have to let go of
Oct throwing supposedly normal peter parker into that wall with such incredible force he might have been killed or hospitalized if he WERE a normal person
. But you do have a valid point. Its just that when its a comic based movie you have to let these sort of things go. Its like watching Star Trek and wondering how a deflector shield from a ship can destroy a planet sized object. Gotta let it go :)

Some of you guys complaining about the fusion never read the comics. It's a science-fiction movie. Why don't you complain about the facts that Spiderman arms don't break while he swings?

siege

Banned
So I finally got to go this morning and see it. I figured the 11:30am showing would be devoid of alot of kids, but I was wrong. Throughout the entire movie there were screaming kids, kids hitting the back of my seat, kids getting up constantly to go to the bathroom, and some guy in the same row with his kid that grabbed him by his arms and dangled him as he made a dash for the exit. I guess he had pissed his pants or something, but I had to get up and let him by 6 fucking times. I'm waiting a month or so to go see Spider-man 3.

As far as the movie goes, I liked it alot. Much better than the first. However, I had a few problems with it. First and foremost, WTF is with him taking his mask off constantly? It's like half the city knew who he was after the movie. Very lame.

Secondly, he started to lose his powers because he was lovestruck and didn't want to be Spider-man anymore? Also very lame.

Lastly, while I loved all of the character development and the fact the movie was more about Peter Parker than Spider-man - they went overboard with driving it in that his life sucked due to his responsibility of being the webslinger. At one point, I just let out a sigh of depression having to watch Peter go through so much shit. It didn't ruin the movie in any way, but I felt some editing might have been in order to relieve some of the unnesessary melancholy.

As for the good points? ALOT of 'em. The introduction credits were brilliant. Possibly the first time I've ever considered credits to be a contributing factor to the overall entertainment of a film. They were that well done. I wasn't a huge fan of the original movie due to some very cheesy dialogue. This time around it was a huge improvement. It retained the comic book feel while refraining to make me cringe. I think there were only a few lines I wanted to roll my eyes at, but held back because I was thouroughly enjoying the film. Major props in that aspect.

The action scenes were awesome. Mainly the train scene. I could go into great detail on how much I enjoyed that scene, but the number of expletives needed may offend some. Orgasmic will have to suffice. The operating room scene was equally as impressive. Not in terms of overall excitement, but in that it accomplished expressing the terror these AI constructed arms were. I've never seen the Evil Dead series, but have read this particular scene was influenced by Raimi's previous work in said series. I will certainly have to give those films a look.

Humor. The film had it in spades and I'm very hard to amuse in that regard. Most humor in films pass me by without the hint of a smile, but Spider-man used it effectively and there were several times I even gave a chuckle. J.J. was spot on. Absolutely hilarious and JK Simmons was able to pull of the character from the comics in stride. The elevator scene was another one of my favorites and I wish it hadn't been spoiled for me in one of the various commericals on the tv.

Alot of people seem to have complaints with Kirsten Dunst's performance as Mary Jane. I agree to an extent. She didn't seem like she was putting much effort into the role - atleast not as much as the first film. This is certainly not the MJ we know from the comics, but it doesn't detract too much. Her last scene in the film makes up for the shortcomings previous to it. Molina was good as Doc Ock, but hardly a standout as some reviews have claimed. It was his tentacles that were the villain in this film and I can't say I didn't enjoy the different approach to the character. As far as Harry goes - I think with his limited development in the film, he came off as being needlessly whiny. We all know why, but it's hard to really care. Either they spend a good deal of time with his character in the 3rd film or limit the significance of his findings. I have mixed feelings of him being the 'main' villain in the next film.

Well, I could go on and on about all the different things I liked about the movie. It really was a big suprise for me after only semi liking the first one. I think I'll watch the first film again to see if there is any new found appreciation after having seen the excellent sequel.

AssMan

Banned
Who's going to play the villain in the next Spidey movie? Venom?

Also, was that Stan Lee who saved that woman in the part of the Peter's Aunt/Ock rooftop scene?

AssMan said:
Who's going to play the villain in the next Spidey movie? Venom?

Green Goblin 2... but maybe not all the movie. Lizard SHOULD be the big villains though. Green Goblin 2 should be a side-story.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Who's going to play the villain in the next Spidey movie? Venom?<<<

Did you go use the restroom near the end of the movie???

Kon Tiki

Banned
Just seen it this afternoon. Very good sequel. I like how Raimi made up for that retarded bridge scene from the first movie by making the people have no effect against the villian.

Was I the only one concerned that the pizzas were ruined by all that swinging? :'(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Not to derail the thread much, but everyone mentions the Lizard as a good choice for a primary or secondary villain in Spider-Man 3. It makes some sense given that Dr Connors has been introduced, but really, what would the Lizard offer the series? Yet another scientist that experiments on himself and goes bonkers afterwards? An excuse to have fights take place in the sewers? The series is already rather repetitive, and with Green Goblin 2.0 confirmed to be in the third one, something fresh needs to be thrown in there. Throw in a new director too, and I might actually like it... but that's another story.

dorio

Banned
What the movie really needs is a new editor. No reason this movie had to be two and a half hours long with all the scenes that went to long or were just meaningless to the movie like chocolate cake scene, the building on fire scene, and the Harry going into his dad's lair scene. A good editor would have really cleaned this movie up and let it flow.

siege

Banned
No reason this movie had to be two and a half hours long with all the scenes that went to long or were just meaningless to the movie like chocolate cake scene, the building on fire scene, and the Harry going into his dad's lair scene.

Umm, those were some pretty key scenes, imo. The cake scene backed up Aunt Mae's speech about there being a little bit of a hero in everyone. She knew Peter was having a rough time of things and offered her best in comforting him. A good scene I thought after everything before it being so damn depressing.

The building on fire scene was good in showing that deep down Peter knew his responsibility as Spider-man. If he had not forsaken that responsibility, he would have been able to save the victim from the fire.

The Harry scene sets up the sequel and is the 'shocker' of the movie.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Dan said:
Not to derail the thread much, but everyone mentions the Lizard as a good choice for a primary or secondary villain in Spider-Man 3. It makes some sense given that Dr Connors has been introduced, but really, what would the Lizard offer the series? Yet another scientist that experiments on himself and goes bonkers afterwards? An excuse to have fights take place in the sewers? The series is already rather repetitive, and with Green Goblin 2.0 confirmed to be in the third one, something fresh needs to be thrown in there. Throw in a new director too, and I might actually like it... but that's another story.

The Lizard is different though because theres a whole Dr Jeckel storyline going on, PP can actually save the lizard unlike all his other enemies so far. And in my 'not so great' understanding of the comics, Harry as the Green Goblin is a pretty different story to Norman as the the Green Goblin, because Harry and Peter are best friends.

If you take the 'person gets superpowers and goes crazy' out of spiderman then you are basically left with...well nothing, thats all it is.

What's cool with Harry is that we won't have to go through all these "find Peter Parker weakness", because Harry knows it all.

Dan

Ghost said:
If you take the 'person gets superpowers and goes crazy' out of spiderman then you are basically left with...well nothing, thats all it is.
So there has never been a villain with real motivation other than insanity? I find that hard to believe. I'm not the most knowledgeable with comics as I used to read them but haven't in a good long time, but there's got to be some interesting arcs out there to be looked at for these films. Raimi's just giving us insane villains, and inconsistently insane villains at that, and they're not particularly engaging as such one-dimensional destructive foils. Even if there weren't any in the comics that doesn't mean they can't find a decent writer to provide some motivation and logic to a villain's actions.

LakeEarth

Dan said:
So there has never been a villain with real motivation other than insanity? I find that hard to believe. I'm not the most knowledgeable with comics as I used to read them but haven't in a good long time, but there's got to be some interesting arcs out there to be looked at for these films. Raimi's just giving us insane villains, and inconsistently insane villains at that, and they're not particularly engaging as such one-dimensional destructive foils. Even if there weren't any in the comics that doesn't mean they can't find a decent writer to provide some motivation and logic to a villain's actions.

Pretty much either that or for money.

Dan

Damn. Maybe I didn't notice how weak the storylines were because I was young. *sigh* So I guess the argument would be these shallow stories are faithful to the comics?

Good thing I've got the X-Men franchise and Batman Begins on the way.

SPOILERS
BELOW
!!!!

One thing that really bugged me about this movie was how much potential it had, it could have been so much more than what it is. I felt the editing was very sloppy, it had a very amateur feel to it. The movie felt broken up in many parts, and I felt that a lot of stuff that was in Spiderman 2 could have been in the first movie. We were still holding on too long and far too much to the first movie. I understand that they're connected, but you need to either have a better bridge between the two in the first 10 or 15 mins, or just forget about it. The entire first 45 mins just dragged on with conflicts from the first movie. It was boring.

I'm so let down by this movie. The action scenes were great, but everything else fell short. The ending was cheesy. They should have ended it with Mary Jane going to see Peter, sharing a moment, and then Harry breaking through the wall, wearing the Green Goblin costume/flyer he found. That would have been the perfect ending.

Eh, Doc Ock could have been handled a lot better. I felt the actors are great (except that bitch playing Mary Jane, I can't stand her), but the director and writer are just wrong for this type of film. I didn't like the first Spiderman very much either. :/

Bob White

The shocker at the end came off better than what I read.

I would love Venom in three, but the twist at the end seems that it could be good for a movie. But after that's done with BRING IN VENOM!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Saw it this morning. A near perfect adaptation of all things Spidey. Like it or not, but this film truly captures the "tortured soul" aspect of the comic series. And I couldn't be more happy with the result.

I think my favorite scene, and one that hasn't really been mentioned in this thread, is the high society event. It really brings all the conflicts to a head, piling the shit on Parker until it smothers him: The running gag with the orderves being just out of reach. Mary Jane's "empty seat" speech. A drunk Harry accusing his friend of betrayal and bitch slapping him twice for good measure. The engagement announcement. And to top it all off, Jameson barking for Peter to capture his misery in a photo, to be preserved for all time. I think it's a clear example of how tight the screenplay really was.

Great film.

Seth C

Only Green Goblin, Ock, and Venom really go crazy. Carnage was crazy without being a s uper-villain. Lizard is more like the Hulk. He loses control when he gets angry, but otherwise is normal. Vulture, Rhino, Shocker, Electro, etc. are just crooks.

dorio

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
SPOILERS
BELOW
!!!!

One thing that really bugged me about this movie was how much potential it had, it could have been so much more than what it is. I felt the editing was very sloppy, it had a very amateur feel to it. The movie felt broken up in many parts, and I felt that a lot of stuff that was in Spiderman 2 could have been in the first movie. We were still holding on too long and far too much to the first movie. I understand that they're connected, but you need to either have a better bridge between the two in the first 10 or 15 mins, or just forget about it. The entire first 45 mins just dragged on with conflicts from the first movie. It was boring.

I'm so let down by this movie. The action scenes were great, but everything else fell short. The ending was cheesy. They should have ended it with Mary Jane going to see Peter, sharing a moment, and then Harry breaking through the wall, wearing the Green Goblin costume/flyer he found. That would have been the perfect ending.

Eh, Doc Ock could have been handled a lot better. I felt the actors are great (except that bitch playing Mary Jane, I can't stand her), but the director and writer are just wrong for this type of film. I didn't like the first Spiderman very much either. :/
I like your ending, well done.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Phoenix said:
While I agree with you on these points, I was able to let these go and enjoy the movie. You have to, the same way you'd have to let go of
Oct throwing supposedly normal peter parker into that wall with such incredible force he might have been killed or hospitalized if he WERE a normal person
. But you do have a valid point. Its just that when its a comic based movie you have to let these sort of things go. Its like watching Star Trek and wondering how a deflector shield from a ship can destroy a planet sized object. Gotta let it go :)
As I said, there is a certain requirement for a superhero movie as far as crazy impossible stuff goes. The problem with Spidey 2 is that it makes certain plot points more silly than they NEED to be. And it would not have taken much effort AT ALL to make it slightly less silly (which would have brought it down into a more normal and acceptable range of superhero nonsense). I mean, Spiderman one was about a guy who gets all the abilities of a spider simply by being bitten by one that was genetically engineered in a lab and fights a guy in a bright green Power Rangers Halloween costume and throws pumpkins at his enemies. But all that was pulled off while falling within the bounds of fantasy suspension of disbelief. I feel like the second movie relied too much on the excuse of "oh it's a comic book so it doesn't need to make any sense at all." Especially when the whole movie was about how real and normal Spidey/Peter was. That juxtaposition simply made the nonsensical stuff stand out even more.

Regardless, I did enjoy it, but as a movie, it's not even as well done as a whole package as the first movie. I'm simply not certain I understand why everyone is going ga-ga over it and calling it the best superhero movie ever. I personally think it's only marginally better than Batman Returns.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So Harry will be Green Goblin 2.0? I was thinking he could be the Hobgoblin. How did the Hobgoblin come about in the comics? I can't remember exactly. But I was just figuring that maybe Harry would change up the costume or something. I got the Dr. Connors being the Lizard connection. But why was Dr. Connors missing one arm? Is that something from the comics too? And what's gonna happen with Jameson the astronaught? Who might he become? Venom? Goes up to space, gets attacked by something unknown, gains the powers of who he hates the most. Just thinking stuff up here. I have no clue.

Well... How would you have stopped the reaction? Hell, how'd they stop it in the comic/cartoon? I think it was a cop out, but only because they had this huge "What the fuck do we do now" moment that even the characters recognized and came up with bullshit.

And Doc Ock had the nano-technologiez running all up and down. He does get his ass hurt when Spiderman hits him, you can see the flesh go flying. It's just he just is usually falling at the time and his arms react so fast on their own it could be thought that he's undazed. I thought it was pretty cool how he held up his real arm during the first experiment and got thwaped.

Anyways, enough shitting more praise. Great movie aeafsgfgf cry cry sob.

Why is everyone so opposed to Venom getting in the 3rd? If anything Venom is more developed than Lizard. Doesn't Conners still have to lose an arm or something? Just because he was in the movie means squat, he was in the first one too iirc. Astroboy is already developed. Have him land his freak ass at the start of 3 and go.

Plus look at it this way. The first ended with Parker walking away from MJ. What's 2 about? Parker dealing with not having MJ. 2nd ended with Jameson being ditched and Harry looking evil. Conners wasn't anywhere around.

Saw Spidy 2 yesterday and loved every minute of it !

Fantastic Opening Sequence.

All the acting was top notch, Bruce Campbell as the Usher was great ! Sam should give him a more permanent role in the Spiderman Franchise.

The powers flicking on and off.. MY BACK MY BACK !!! LOL !! Nice touch bringing in his real life back problems into the flick.

The portray of DR Ock is up there with Jack Nick's version of the Joker in the original Batman.. Perfect casting !

William Dafoe Cameo I didnt expect.

Harry at the Wedding wearing a kinda Green Tie ? Looks like he drank the Green Formula.

10/10

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Finally saw it. I thought this sequel is good. I'm all for melodrama and all......but in this movie there was way to many sappy moments. Also, some of the dialogue and scenes were cheesy (like the aftermath of the train sequence....."We won't tell anybody!" Ahem....bullshit! :p).

The beginning was slow, too, and should have paced and flowed faster. The action scenes were cool.......but some of the fighting predicaments were too over-the-top.

Still liked the first movie better, though.

Seth C

Son of Godzilla said:
Well... How would you have stopped the reaction? Hell, how'd they stop it in the comic/cartoon? I think it was a cop out, but only because they had this huge "What the fuck do we do now" moment that even the characters recognized and came up with bullshit.

And Doc Ock had the nano-technologiez running all up and down. He does get his ass hurt when Spiderman hits him, you can see the flesh go flying. It's just he just is usually falling at the time and his arms react so fast on their own it could be thought that he's undazed. I thought it was pretty cool how he held up his real arm during the first experiment and got thwaped.

Anyways, enough shitting more praise. Great movie aeafsgfgf cry cry sob.

Why is everyone so opposed to Venom getting in the 3rd? If anything Venom is more developed than Lizard. Doesn't Conners still have to lose an arm or something? Just because he was in the movie means squat, he was in the first one too iirc. Astroboy is already developed. Have him land his freak ass at the start of 3 and go.

Plus look at it this way. The first ended with Parker walking away from MJ. What's 2 about? Parker dealing with not having MJ. 2nd ended with Jameson being ditched and Harry looking evil. Conners wasn't anywhere around.

Venom is more developed than Lizard? Are you kidding me? We've not even seen Eddie Brock in either movie, ever! His name was mentioned one time in the first movie. That's it. John Jameson is NOT Venom. Never has been. In the cartoon series, he brought the symbiote from space, but that's as much as he's ever been related to the Venom origin. Nevermind the fact that before you can have Venom you need to have Spider-Man in the black costume.

Lizard is way more developed, if only for the fact that his character has actually been seen in the movie (he was also mentioned once in the first one - He fired Peter). He's already lost his arm, which was plain as daylight in the second movie. Dude only had one arm. I believe he lost it in Vietnam according to the comics. He really requires no further development. You explain he's been researching lizard genetics in regards to regeneration, he tests something on himself, and bam...you've got Lizard. Setup for that would take maybe a minute.

John Jameson will likely be the human enemy, the enemy of Peter. Always remember that these movies are going to be about two characters. Peter and Spider-Man. In the second movie Peter's struggle was mostly internal. In the second one it can involve John. He doesn't have to become a super villian. Green Goblin and Lizard can provide that. He can provide the human side of it.

Shinobi

I'm gonna assume he lost his arm in the Gulf War in Spidey 3, since he looks a little too young to have been in Iraq. Plus if you lost your arm 30 years ago (hell, going on 40 when 3 opens), you'd probably be used to it by now. Be a bit different if you lost it 15 years ago, where the motivation to find a way to fix it would still be relatively fresh. Can't say I've ever been a huge Lizard fan though, but I guess that's why Harry being Hob/Green Gobby will be a good thing.

Seth C

Well yeah, I'm sure it won't still be 'Nam. :) Still, the important thing is the arm is already gone, and so he's ready to be Lizard anytime the writers decide they need him.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Just a bit over $30 million for Spidey on Saturday. Looks like it probably won't break $90 million this weekend. Opening July 4th probably worked against it. It'll be interesting to see if it has ANY legs whatsoever, especially with Anchorman opening next weekend. That Will Ferrell, he's so hot right now.

siege

Banned
I think the film was certainly frontloaded. A majority of the Spidey fans saw it on Wendesday and it got alot of repeat business from said fans over the weekend. It's quite possible that alot of casual moviegoers didn't enjoy the first film and weren't interested in rushing out to see it this week.

However, it should have decent legs and I expect it to finish first ahead of Anchorman next weekend.

Willco

Hollywood Square
siege said:
I think the film was certainly frontloaded. A majority of the Spidey fans saw it on Wendesday and it got alot of repeat business from said fans over the weekend. It's quite possible that alot of casual moviegoers didn't enjoy the first film and weren't interested in rushing out to see it this week.

However, it should have decent legs and I expect it to finish first ahead of Anchorman next weekend.

$805 million worldwide was more than just casual fans. The original scored good marks with critics and audiences. I'm kind of surprised to see the sequel kind of sputter a bit, but it should still finish ahead of $150 million for its five days, an indication to Sony to give Sam the means necessary to make Spidey 3 a fitting end to his Spider-Man trilogy.

I think delaying it until July 4th really hurt it. Launching in May, it probably would've fared a lot better. However, it doesn't have much competition in recent weeks save for Anchorman. My gut feeling is Catwoman will be a dud. How Bourne Supremacy fares is anyone's guess.

Why can't Peter be with mary Jane? He says because if his enemies found out she'd be in danger. SHES BEEN IN TROUBLE ANYWAYS YOU FUCKTARD! Whether shes your friend or girlfriend, shes a target. So is Aunt May and Harry. Ugh.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Teh Hamburglar said:
Why can't Peter be with mary Jane? He says because if his enemies found out she'd be in danger. SHES BEEN IN TROUBLE ANYWAYS YOU FUCKTARD! Whether shes your friend or girlfriend, shes a target. So is Aunt May and Harry. Ugh.

Because the person who is with Spider-Man ALL THE TIME is more likely to be a target than an acquaintance and an Aunt he visits now and then. Really.

Willco said:
Because the person who is with Spider-Man ALL THE TIME is more likely to be a target than an acquaintance and an Aunt he visits now and then. Really.

She wouldn't be with Spider-Man, shed be with Peter Parker.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Well, don;t hold your breath for a Venom appearance, the producer announced at a convention that they don't plan on ever featuring him in any of the Spiderman movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom