• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

2 years of training.

If nothing but training.

And a 3rd rate comic book and 2 promotional events.

Meanwhile Mickey had nowhere near the bankroll or time (because he had to work for a living ).

All they talked about was his ground game and how they prepared him for being in the guard and punk looked as bad as a 18 year old wrestling for the first time.

Q0NsZQt.jpg

"I did not reach the summit today."

:jnc

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"I think it's ridiculous," White told Mike Chiappetta on the Inside The Ultimate Fighter podcast. "People think we're anti-competition? We're anti-dumb competition. Doing stupid things like this, putting a 50-year-old guy in the Octagon for the first time, and then going out there putting out press releases like it's a big deal because you signed a 50-year-old Herschel Walker? Are you serious?"

"Strikeforce is a small, little, regional show," White said. "The geniuses over at Showtime, these guys are the most arrogant, cocky, pompous jackasses I've ever met in my whole life."

Noting that Walker has no experience as a fighter, White questioned whether a suitable opponent could be found for him, and he questioned whether the fight would be sanctioned at all.

"Which athletic commission is going to let this guy fight?" White asked. "Who the f**k are they going to find to fight Herschel Walker? A guy in a wheelchair?"

Said White of Strikeforce's decision to put Walker in the cage, "It's completely disrespectful to the sport."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2009/09/...rikeforce-showtime-for-signing-herschel-walke

edit: Oh sorry how did this ever get here it is clearly not relevant to the topic at hand. My mistake. I'll leave it here so people can know my shame.

-MD-

Punk should just accept he is far too old to be trying to go after the gold in MMA. Some of these kids were training, fighting, and had established backgrounds well into their teens. They were born for this stuff.

Punk is just a misanthropic individual who happened to burn every bridge imaginable, walked around with a helium filled ego, and somehow stupidly believed he could actually fight against people who were training to do this their entire lives.

The human body is adapatable, and we are capable of great things, but somewhere in training I'm sure somebody told him this is a bad idea and knew he was going to get destroyed.

Punk showed up to fight a guy that's 1-0 in pro fights, not win a championship belt.

Instro

He's a 37 year-old geezer who has never fought in his life.

He's been in a UFC fight and still hasn't fought in his life.

I don't see the point of him trying again. He has no skills whatsoever. I don't see how this gimmick isn't embarrassing for everyone involved.

Might as well when he can work the crowd better than anyone outside of Connor. There's some true bums out there that they can throw him in there with.

painey

people be like "congrats on the balls to debut in front of hundreds of thousands" but any chump from your local MMA fight would do it in a heartbeat to get the kind of payday Punk got.. and they'd probably be less embarrassing.

Kusagari

I mean let's give Punk credit for actually managing to fight back on the ground for 2+ minutes while taking numerous shots and actually getting out of one submission.

I thought the second he got dropped he would huddle up and it would end in 30 seconds.

Punk should just accept he is far too old to be trying to go after the gold in MMA. Some of these kids were training, fighting, and had established backgrounds well into their teens. They were born for this stuff.

Punk is just a misanthropic individual who happened to burn every bridge imaginable, walked around with a helium filled ego, and somehow stupidly believed he could actually fight against people who were training to do this their entire lives.

The human body is adapatable, and we are capable of great things, but somewhere in training I'm sure somebody told him this is a bad idea and knew he was going to get destroyed.

wow dude yer getting worked, by all accounts cm punk is cool dude who has to put with dumb fans all the time

and plus vince likes the dude it's hhh who hates him

Aiii

So not worth it
I mean let's give Punk credit for actually managing to fight back on the ground for 2+ minutes while taking numerous shots and actually getting out of one submission.

I thought the second he got dropped he would huddle up and it would end in 30 seconds.

He actually countered that RNC pretty okay for a little while, they trained the fuck out of him on that front.

Gall

" I see so many people hating on Punk right now. We need to stop the hate. There is too much hate"

Who do you want for your next fight?

"I want Sage I think he is corny as fuck with his stupid spikey hair"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gall

" I see so many people hating on Punk right now. We need to stop the hate. There is too much hate"

Who do you want for your next fight?

"I want Sage I think he is corny as fuck with his stupid spikey hair"

LOL

Exactly. And they found Gall in the gutter specifically to fight him.

Again, I have nothing but respect for Punk for doing what he's doing. But this is some carny shit by the UFC.

If he was serious about MMA he should've taken some fights in some smaller promotions where he'd actually find someone near his level. But you don't immediately jump into the top flight promotion and not expect to get your ass handed to you. So i'm really not sure what he was doing. Did he need money? Is this all a ploy for something else he's working on? Because this is all that's waiting for him in the UFC.

Gall had 2 amateur fights and 1 pro non-UFC fight before fighting a photographer and Punk in the UFC.

Yeahhhhhh Gall looks really strong due to his competition, but if they really book that Sage match this whole thing is coming to a screeching halt quickly.

Sage will legit KO him

The question is whether Gall can take Sage down. Actually the question is can Gall compete at the UFC level against actual UFC fighters.

Yeahhhhhh Gall looks really strong due to his competition, but if they really book that Sage match this whole thing is coming to a screeching halt quickly.

Sage will legit KO him

Sage had legit KO power and speed but his grappling leaves a lot to be desired. Mickey stands a decent chance.

When CM Punk made his entrance, that really showed how much of a mistake this was. That small unconvincing laugh before he attempted to steel his face. The fear, trepidation, and anxiousness. It was over before it began. It doesn't help that he charged in as soon as the fight started. It's probably the dumbest thing he could've done, and he did it.

I mean, they're both shit fighters, but one guy didn't look like he was trying to convince himself that it's going to be okay.

Yeah I have no idea why Punk rushed in smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom