• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your personal GOTY contenders so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are your favorites so far this year GAF? Mine so far are:

Bloodborne - There isn't anything I can say that someone else won't say better. The game is fantastic. Now it's also cheap and has some DLC coming out. Buy it even if you never played/enjoyed Demon's/Dark Souls. I never got into those games and it didn't matter a bit.

Life Is Strange - I've only played 4 out of 5 episodes but this game is hella good and stands well above other games of it's type. Amazing game for $20.

Destiny TTK - One of my favorites from last year and with the release of TTK it's still one of my favorites this year. TTK is a huge improvement over original Destiny in most areas while maintaining the ridiculously fun gun play. This is my most played game both last year and again this year. Nothing comes close in that regard.

Rocket League - My favorite game of all time that I am fucking terrible at.

Until Dawn - It's the closest thing I've played to a scary movie. It had a couple issues but it was still well worth the time I spent with it. Really hope for a sequel of some kind down the line. I want more.

My biggest dissapointment? Batman Arkham Knight. Honestly I played like 2 hours of the game and never felt like going back. It wasn't terrible it was just...disappointing. Way too much of the batmobile and it didn't have the atmosphere at all of the original.

I need to finish Tomb Raider, did not play The Witcher 3, and Just Cause 3 is not released yet, so I may add a game or three to the list but so far these are my contenders for GOTY.

Majestad

Banned
Witcher 3 is GOTY. Game is what I dreamt of when i was younger. Playing it is a experience similar to something like seeing Zelda Ocarina of Time for the first time. You hardly get feelings like this nowadays, and that's why I consider TW3 to be special.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Rocket League and Witcher are in top 3.

Final spot will be a battle between Fallout 4, Just Cause, and... MGSV?

Ralemont

not me
It's been a long year so I might not remember a few games from late winter/spring that I liked, but the two that stick out in my mind atm are Rocket League and Metal Gear Solid V.

Life is Strange is GOTY for me.

I'm still waiting on two or three games to come out to determine my top ten for the year, but I know Life is Strange will be at the top of the list for me.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I had a lot of fun with Dying Light, it deserves recognition at the end of the year.

I am almost done The Witcher 3, after I can give Pillars of Eternity a whirl.

Corpekata

Banned
Undertale, Witcher 3, Tales of the Borderlands. Need to play more Fallout 4 to determine if it'll be a contender. Maybe MGSV, I took a break after Chapter 1 though so need to finish.

Probably cheat by saying Divinity Original Sin too since it's technically new for console owners.

Jigorath

Banned
Bloodborne and Witcher 3 are tops. If I made a top ten favorite games of all time list, both games would probably make it.

Bloodborne, Undertale, MGSV, Tales of the Borderlands, Fallout 4.

My GOTY is going to be one of those 5. Sorting them into any order is going to be immensely difficult.

BiggNife

This thread will probably be locked because the general rule is that there's only one goty thread and it's in december.

If I had to pick goty contenders off the top of my head, I'd say Mario Maker and Undertale are both contenders for the top spot with Splatoon, Rocket League and MH4U right behind.

Right now either Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 or Until Dawn.

Still haven't played Fallout 4 though, plus Just Cause 3 is looking great!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
a couple of my contenders so far:

Rocket League is up there, as a tremendously fun and balanced MP game

Until Dawn knocked Life is Strange out - as good as LiS was, UD was better (and I have a big soft spot for horror tropes)

Witcher 3 and MGS5. Though I am very early into Fallout 4, which will probably contend for me. Bloodborne and Life Is Strange deserve a call out though.

Robiin

Does anyone else remember Ori? If not, I recommend Ori and the Blind Forest wholeheartedly. Incredibly charming Metroidvania with a focus on platforming.

Bloodborne >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Journey (PS4 Remaster) > The Witcher 3.

At the beginning of the year if you told me MGSV wouldn't be in my top 3... I'd have called you crazy. But yeah, it's not in the running for me.

Melfice7

GOTY:

bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Runner up:

fligsiKP9O7u.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

Lordzap

Neo Member
Rocket league currently. I expect Just Cause 3 or Fallout 4 will take the spot once I get around to playing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom