• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will GTA6 be cross gen? Place your bets now!

Will GTA6 be cross-gen?

• Yes

Votes: 139 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 273 66.3%

• Total voters

Pagusas

Elden Member
It will be cross gen with the next systems, not the previous.
Yup, they are banking on Double/Tripple dipping. I 100% they are purposedly aiming for 2025 so its close enough to next generation that they can easily plan for the next gen upgrade within 2 years and have it ready to boost the books for several years of great fiscal reporting.

iHaunter

True, but they are already doing that by targeting Zen2 laptos CPUs instead of current generation chips that run great on mid to high end Windows computers.
The main concern is the Series S holding back XSX and PS5. I hope they just work on those consoles then downgrade later. Work from the top down.

Audiophile

Gold Member
With their current timing, if GTAVII takes 12yrs (~2037), we'll be seeing it release cross-gen for PS6 (~2028) into PS7 (~2036).

Would be kinda cool to have them max out at the end of the PS6 gen and immediately have the option to run it with res/fps/fx cranked on the PS7.

Getting a bit ahead o' myself I know.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom