• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - Ready to get back to work Chief?

Are you ready

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Banjo 3 and Perfect Dark 3 would make met buy a Halo Box. Probably no chance to see those Thursday right?
We already know that Rare (probably) isn't working on Banjo 3. But The Initiative is working on a mysterious single-player game that has yet to be announced, and there is a lot of speculation it could be Perfect Dark.

And it's entirely possible that another first party studio is working on a Banjo game.

200.gif

Show me real
  1. Halo infinite gameplay
  2. Hellblade 2 gameplay
  3. Forza 8 gameplay
  4. One surprise reveal
Make sure they all look next gen and I am sold. As of now the last conference discouraged me from buying a new xbox. Hoping this conference brings it back

Halo Infinite:

(according to Klobrille)
-Sprint is in, campaign bc of huge areas and gametype specific lists for mp
-mp is more like halo 3 where you pick up upgrades from the ground (like sprint, overshield, etc...)
-thers a grappling hook which you can piuck up as an upgrade
-halo mp will be more like halo 3
-new forge should be mindblowing with its customization
Wow. If true, just WOW.

Halo 3 multiplayer was fucking awesome.

This has me excite.

MaulerX

From a technical standpoint, if they can show what the Series X can do then it will be a win in many peoples eyes.

I mean, if they show gameplay of Hell Blade 2 that looks like the original trailer then many mouths will drop. And I have a feeling that won't be the only game that will look amazing.
This show will make you feel like Next-Gen has finally arrived. Mark my words.

TheAssist

From a technical standpoint, if they can show what the Series X can do then it will be a win in many peoples eyes.

I mean, if they show gameplay of Hell Blade 2 that looks like the original trailer then many mouths will drop. And I have a feeling that won't be the only game that will look amazing.
This show will make you feel like Next-Gen has finally arrived. Mark my words.

What if it doesnt? may I unamark your words?
What if its just the same kinda games we've known for almost two decades now. What if its just a bit more resolution, or a bit better raytracing? What if its all just slightly better graphics than PS5 (if any?). Is that still the "real" next gen?

I'm hoping they show something that has interesting settings (that isnt space) and deep characters (that arent dude bro) with intriguing stories and innovative gameplay. Thats what really matters. I dont think we'll get that for either console withing the first year though.
But whenever that eventually does happen, thats when next gen happens. Mark my words.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Of course I'm hyped for Halo, Forza, and mostly Fable. But I'm also hoping their "it's just about games!" is a ruse. Give me
  • Xbox Series X Launch Date / Price
  • Lockhart info
  • Microsoft gets rid of Xbox Live Gold / no more online paywall

Kagey K

Banned
Of course I'm hyped for Halo, Forza, and mostly Fable. But I'm also hoping their "it's just about games!" is a ruse. Give me
  • Xbox Series X Launch Date / Price
  • Lockhart info
  • Microsoft gets rid of Xbox Live Gold / no more online paywall
The preshow has to the chance to have some non game announcements like the 3rd on your list, but I think the 1st 2 won’t be until the August event.

MaulerX

What if it doesnt? may I unamark your words?
What if its just the same kinda games we've known for almost two decades now. What if its just a bit more resolution, or a bit better raytracing? What if its all just slightly better graphics than PS5 (if any?). Is that still the "real" next gen?

I'm hoping they show something that has interesting settings (that isnt space) and deep characters (that arent dude bro) with intriguing stories and innovative gameplay. Thats what really matters. I dont think we'll get that for either console withing the first year though.
But whenever that eventually does happen, thats when next gen happens. Mark my words.

Lol. Sure you can unmark my words.

Honestly nothing Sony showed looked like the Hell Blade 2 trailer. And if MS can show that in actual game play then we'll be in for a treat. :)

the_master

"What you're going to see is true creative freedom" - Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox
This was stated purely onthe topic of studios having freedom to chose to make a game cross gen or only for xsex. Nothing more.

Regardless, I am ready and hyped as fuck!

Journey

Banned
Won't be buying an Xbox due to having a PC, incredibly excited to see what they've been cooking up. Weird spot to be in, never thought this situation would come around so fast. I liked the PS presentation but I feel like this is about to blow it out.

If you're posting here, chances are you're doing it from a PC lol. I have a PC with a Geforce GTX 1050TI, I get by on playing most games at 1080p with pretty good settings and framerate, but my next gen purchase will be the consoles, until after a year or so before investing in a new PC build.

JonnyMP3

Some brand new original IP that's been crafted with love, please!
It was nice of them to try new things with Ryse and Quantum Break but the payoff wasn't quite there. But there wasn't much else in between the mediocre. Even Sony had The Order 1886, among the Bloodbornes and Spider-Mans, which wasn't a great game.

Abear21

Banned
This is the event of the summer so far and I don’t see how they can fuck this up. I’m so excited for new hardware and for what they have to show it is impossible for me to get disappointed at this point. This is essentially the first clap back at what Sony showed leading up to this fall and I don’t know how any fan of gaming isn’t excited for this. Perfect Dark or bust but honestly Halo and Flight Sim my money is in the air so this is going to be gravy!

I haven’t played any Halo before so I don’t have any nostalgia like some of you.

I know I’m in minority here but idc about the Halo itself that much, I care about how fine the game looks.

I want Xbox to show it’s raw power and how they will utilize on it. If the price is >500, count me in. With game pass it’ll be a really sweet deal.

KiNeMz

Banned
Im very interested to see what they have up their sleeve. This is their moment. This thread should be slamming now.

I'm keeping my expectations low because, the PS5 reveal somewhat aside, this year has been broadly disappointing for these kind of shows.

That said, I do expect them to come out swinging, as, being the underdog, there's zero reason to hold anything back, their last show was a bit of an own goal, and Sony delivered a good but not unbeatable presentation.

Honestly I just hope they both reveal the Series S, and either a handheld or give the recommended PC specs for what they're showing.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I'm keeping my expectations low because, the PS5 reveal somewhat aside, this year has been broadly disappointing for these kind of shows.

That said, I do expect them to come out swinging, as, being the underdog, there's zero reason to hold anything back, their last show was a bit of an own goal, and Sony delivered a good but not unbeatable presentation.

Honestly I just hope they both reveal the Series S, and either a handheld or give the recommended PC specs for what they're showing.
Greenberg said that there won't be any hardware. Only games

JimiNutz

Banned
Outside of the games that are guaranteed/almost guaranteed (Halo, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Fable, Forza) I'd love to see:

- Ninja Gaiden reboot/spiritual successor - Itagaki as Director
- Banjo 3 - developed by Playtonic games in collaboration with Rare
- Killer Instinct sequel
- Perfect Dark - from the Initiative
- Conker 2 - from Double Fine

To be honest though, as the show is only an hour, I don't think we will get much outside of Halo, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Forza and then a little tease for Fable.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Banjo 3 and Perfect Dark 3 would make met buy a Halo Box. Probably no chance to see those Thursday right?

It sounds like they're working on a Perfect Dark game (The Initiative) but latest credible rumors suggest it won't be at event tomorrow.

II_JumPeR_I

Halo Infinite:

(according to Klobrille)
-Sprint is in, campaign bc of huge areas and gametype specific lists for mp
-mp is more like halo 3 where you pick up upgrades from the ground (like sprint, overshield, etc...)
-thers a grappling hook which you can piuck up as an upgrade
-halo mp will be more like halo 3
-new forge should be mindblowing with its customization
I really wouldnt believe anything what that kid says... he is just a attention whore....
And claiming that Sprint is in because of bigger levels is just lol...
Why exactly do we have vehicles in Halo?

But anyway i have very low expectations this year after so many terrible and boring E3 replacement shows the last couple of weeks/months

b0uncyfr0

Im a PC gamer so I want to see other games. I just don't care for Forza or Halo - never played them. I want fun games like ratchet and action/adventure games like Sony's been putting out. I dont see myself buying a XSX just for those games they've been pumping out continuously.

b0uncyfr0

Just buy a PS5 then, problem=solved.
Most likely, itll be the inferior console ; i buy things to last. Nothing has changed for the past 15 years - the faster console almost always has better resolution/performance ( ps4 1080p versus xbox 960p. Ps4 pro 1440p versus x1x - almost 4k)

The higher specced console is what i want.

Starfield

I really wouldnt believe anything what that kid says... he is just a attention whore....
And claiming that Sprint is in because of bigger levels is just lol...
Why exactly do we have vehicles in Halo?

But anyway i have very low expectations this year after so many terrible and boring E3 replacement shows the last couple of weeks/months
Yeah that's true. I'd say he has a 1
20% accuracy but that's it.

ZywyPL

Banned
Most likely, itll be the inferior console ; i buy things to last. Nothing has changed for the past 15 years - the faster console almost always has better resolution/performance ( ps4 1080p versus xbox 960p. Ps4 pro 1440p versus x1x - almost 4k)

The higher specced console is what i want.

Well then it will have te be a battle between games and hardware in your case I guess. Unless MS will really deliver diverse portfolio of games and will support variety of genres.

I haven’t played any Halo before so I don’t have any nostalgia like some of you.

I know I’m in minority here but idc about the Halo itself that much, I care about how fine the game looks.

I want Xbox to show it’s raw power and how they will utilize on it. If the price is >500, count me in. With game pass it’ll be a really sweet deal.
Oh sweet summer child.

b0uncyfr0

Well then it will have te be a battle between games and hardware in your case I guess. Unless MS will really deliver diverse portfolio of games and will support variety of genres.

I really hope they can diversify on the games side - it'll be a clear win in my mind. Well, assuming they dont fuck it up somehow.

fallingdove

I'm ready for xbox to get back in the fight instead of sitting on the sidelines. That'll actually push Sony, and we'll all benefit with better games.
I don’t subscribe to the idea of ‘Xbox needs to be doing well for Sony to stay competitive’. The last 7 years have been some of Xbox’s worst and we have probably seen Sony’s greatest first party output ever.

I am hoping Xbox does well though from a gamer perspective. A larger selection of amazing games is always welcome. 🙂

Top Bottom