• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - Ready to get back to work Chief?

Are you ready

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If the Medium is impressive it could persuade me to get the xbsx. The only actual exclusive. Want to see some hellblade2 gameplay too
I'm also massively hyped for The Medium. Getting serious Silent Hill vibes and loving it.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Lol at the 18 that voted Nah in the poll. Should be pretty easy to name most of them. 😅

Votes are public

5d2.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think I'm most hyped about their comments about trying to win over Japanese gamers again. We know that the new Yakuza game is going to be a launch title for the Series X.

But I hope we get some other great news tomorrow. Personally I'd love to see Xbox announcements for some Square Enix ports like Final Fantasy 7R, Crystal Chronicles, Trials of Mana, Dragon Quest Builders 2, or Octopath Traveler. A lot of these games are already on Windows and shouldn't be that hard to bring over to the Series X as a result. I'd love to see Koei come on board with games like Atelier or Nioh 2, or Atlus to bring Persona to the console since it's doing so well on PC.

Probably setting myself up for disappointment all around, but a man can dream.

Kagey K

Banned
I think I'm most hyped about their comments about trying to win over Japanese gamers again. We know that the new Yakuza game is going to be a launch title for the Series X.

But I hope we get some other great news tomorrow. Personally I'd love to see Xbox announcements for some Square Enix ports like Final Fantasy 7R, Crystal Chronicles, Trials of Mana, Dragon Quest Builders 2, or Octopath Traveler. A lot of these games are already on Windows and shouldn't be that hard to bring over to the Series X as a result. I'd love to see Koei come on board with games like Atelier or Nioh 2, or Atlus to bring Persona to the console since it's doing so well on PC.

Probably setting myself up for disappointment all around, but a man can dream.
I'm really only expecting a FF14 announcement from Square tomorrow. anything else will be gravy.

With Squares announcement that the free trial goes up to lvl 60 and includes Heavensward that's a lot of content for new players to go through on Xbox before paying anything.

b0uncyfr0

Why are you even here then?

Can i not express my distaste of their signature games whilst mentioning i'm a PC gamer *hoping* to see something different.?
Should i not be posting in this thread just because i'm not looking forward to those game and i find them boring?

I dont think so, do you?

#MXGA

3600 seconds of pure best in class gaming, what GAF has dreamed about since the bitter end of E3. I will be there to witness the true beginning of Next Gen.

I’m pretty excited but expecting to be let down. Not by the system itself but the games. I don’t know why but I’m just not expecting anything jaw dropping. I hope to be proven wrong.

Varteras

Gold Member
Crossing my fingers for Halo Infinite. Really hoping 343 have found the formula to bring Halo back up. Would like to see what Playground has been up to as well.

Crossing my fingers for Halo Infinite. Really hoping 343 have found the formula to bring Halo back up. Would like to see what Playground has been up to as well.

Playground imo is a very underrated studio. Because they make forza games, i feel like most people dont take them seriously.

I expect whatever non forza game they are working on to be incredible.

Varteras

Gold Member
Playground imo is a very underrated studio. Because they make forza games, i feel like most people dont take them seriously.

I expect whatever non forza game they are working on to be incredible.

I'm cautiously optimistic. As I always am when a studio goes from something they've been known for to something entirely different. It's not an easy feat and really requires the right people with the right support. I feel like any studio that has just made racing games would be doubted on their ability to create anything else. Not just because of how different those kind of games are from most of the pack but also because the racing genre in general has seen a big decline in popularity this generation. Regardless, their record with the games they've made is the reason I'm optimistic.

Romulus

Lol at the 18 that voted Nah in the poll. Should be pretty easy to name most of them. 😅

I did not vote, but I don't think it's a big deal to vote no in this case. Maybe 15 years ago, but the new xbox is far less exciting and even their mascot with 343i hasn't proven anything worth get excited about.

Hoping to see some cool new stuff here that actually makes me want to play my Series X. Fable will be one of them for sure although I doubt we'll see much from it. A new Ninja Gaiden game would be hype as hell too. Hellblade 2 is also a day 1 play for me as I loved the first one. I'll probably wait on The Medium as given their track record it will come to PS5 a few months/year later.

Bkdk

Hoping for obsidian AAA open world rpg and fable 4 reveal. Also since it’s Xbox only their pc exclusives might not be shown, so mildly excited.

Esppiral

Hoping for something different than the Halo-Gears-Forza Triforce, They need to start showing new and appealing content, you can't survive for that long relaying constantly in the same pillars.

jakinov

I don’t subscribe to the idea of ‘Xbox needs to be doing well for Sony to stay competitive’. The last 7 years have been some of Xbox’s worst and we have probably seen Sony’s greatest first party output ever.

I am hoping Xbox does well though from a gamer perspective. A larger selection of amazing games is always welcome. 🙂
I would look at last generation to see that. Microsoft put less pressure this generation and I would argue that if the 360 didn’t put up such a fight and 3rd party devs started going multi platform that PlayStation 4 and Sony Stufios wouldn’t be what they are like today. Microsoft doesn’t need to do well, they just need to put up enough of a fight that Sony is motivates in keeping the competitive advantage that ultimately benefits us. Competition helps facilitate the investment in adding value to the consumers to bring profits, otherwise it’s going to probbaly be more investment in things that directly add profits because people have no other good option.

DeaDPo0L84

I'm cautiously optimistic, sucks I won't be able to watch it live. Doing Covid screenings for over 100 people. Of course it falls right when this will be happening live 😭.

I'll try and peek when I can, hoping for a Knights of the Old Republic 3 reveal,but I know that's just a dream. Also please Halo Infinite be an absolute jaw dropper. I want to be excited for a Halo game again, been too long.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Hoping Halo Infinite has a strong showing and can get the franchise back on track. I'd like to see Fable and I think there's a good chance that might happen. Perfect Dark would be great, too, but that might more fanfic than anything at this point.

Stuart360

Hoping Halo Infinite has a strong showing and can get the franchise back on track. I'd like to see Fable and I think there's a good chance that might happen. Perfect Dark would be great, too, but that might more fanfic than anything at this point.
The rumour is Fable will just be an ingame trailer.

Dramos

Outside of the games that are guaranteed/almost guaranteed (Halo, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Fable, Forza) I'd love to see:

- Ninja Gaiden reboot/spiritual successor - Itagaki as Director
- Banjo 3 - developed by Playtonic games in collaboration with Rare
- Killer Instinct sequel
- Perfect Dark - from the Initiative
- Conker 2 - from Double Fine

To be honest though, as the show is only an hour, I don't think we will get much outside of Halo, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Forza and then a little tease for Fable.
I‘ll be sad if we only get Halo, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Forza and Fable. I want at least 2 of the games from the former list.

Top Bottom