• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - Ready to get back to work Chief?

Are you ready

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZywyPL

Banned
It's getting very serious now. This is going to decide a lot of the initial momentum of XBOX, they need to get the traction on the road now and put all efforts to make use of this turbo machine of theirs!

Yup, it's their "now or never" moment, if they'll make fools of themselves again just like with that previous overhyped event they're done, and won't be able to regain momentum ever again.

Last edited:

Ellery

Been looking forward to this for a while only now realizing it is happening too early for me and I am still at work and won't be able to watch.

Ascend

I have no detailed expectations. I just want the show to generally be good. And with good I mean that it must be at least entertaining and somewhat surprising. I would love for it to be exceptionally good where I'm blown away, but during the latest generation of PS4/XBO I learned to keep expectations in check. Too many disappointments.

Banned
Waiting patiently for Microsoft to reveal the Kinect 2

you're 7 years too late for that.

and Kinect 3 (Azure Kinect) is also already on its way:

azure-kinect-dk-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dory16

Banned
Can't believe there hasn't been a single leak although they were working from home all that time. Anyway let's not jinx it.
It's a good sign that it's in 60 fps and 4k60 after. A very good sign.

Last edited:

Romulus

I don’t subscribe to the idea of ‘Xbox needs to be doing well for Sony to stay competitive’. The last 7 years have been some of Xbox’s worst and we have probably seen Sony’s greatest first party output ever.

I am hoping Xbox does well though from a gamer perspective. A larger selection of amazing games is always welcome. 🙂

Xbox started off awful but with gamepass and the X1X, they've actually did better than I expected, yet still not a big threat. But as they've improved, so has sony's output.

I just remember Sony during the 360's upswing versus coming off the ps2s massive success. Completely different Sony.

And competition is great. Imagine a more extreme example, no Microsoft or Nintendo. Do you think Sony's output would be exactly the same? I don't at all. Sony isn't a hivemind but that's just how business in general works.

Last edited:
Same for Sony's show. Maybe online streaming is indeed better than live events, where everything gets leaked 2-3 days earlier, which is one of the main reasons shows like E3 lost all their former appealing,

Well with online stuff, you can keep stuff internally till reveal. So yeah, better. Less outside people are involved.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well with online stuff, you can keep stuff internally till reveal. So yeah, better. Less outside people are involved.
I remember the glorious E3 leak threads where they would have like event staff leaking photos of time tables with game names. Kinda miss that sort of excitement, now it's all pretty tightly controlled.

I get your sarcasm sir, but what I meant, not just Halo, then bunch of indies and trailers of already announced games.
I think most people are viewing this event as an indication of whether or not MS is ready to compete next gen against Sony. And I think MS is looking at it from the same angle. While nothing is guaranteed, MS would be stupid, absolutely STUPID and professionally incompetent, if they didn't bring multiple big guns to the show. In fact I think they need 3 minimum and 4+ to be safe. This event is basically a massive kickoff to next gen for the Xbox and should create a lot of excitement that carries itself all the way to release in November. That is my perspective anyway.

TLDR - there will be multiple big games shown. If not I will be eating some serious crow tomorrow. Please don't let me down MS...

I start switching my schedule back over to nights but should be up by 11 central tomorrow. Whether Xbox drops the ball or delivers I can't wait.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
CrustyBritches CrustyBritches was working on the OT for the Xbox Games Showcase which I didn't know (sorry) but was willing to share his work with me into making this the OT. Thanks again mate. If a mod would edit the title it's done. Less than 24 hours to go!

5dcb3ff89dc3c4dc-nintendo-best-first-party-phil-spencer-system-wars.gif

amigastar

Self_Destructive Self_Destructive Seriously? I know the original Halo was made for PC back then (I've waited for it) but then it came to consoles first and years after on the PC. I don't believe MS is giving their biggest game they got so easily away.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Im a PC gamer so I want to see other games. I just don't care for Forza or Halo - never played them. I want fun games like ratchet and action/adventure games like Sony's been putting out. I dont see myself buying a XSX just for those games they've been pumping out continuously.

Why are you even here then?

I have absolutely NO interest in any of the exclusives Sony showed especially all the cartoony/kid games they showed. I hope Xbox keeps giving us games like Gears & Halo and also a bunch of WRPGs from the new studios plus Hellblade, Everwild and Fable. That's why I'm here and why I'm looking forward to this showcase.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Abear21

Banned
I wonder if Halo multiplayer will be cross platform with PC?

Any indications if price and release date could be revealed or have they said that won’t happen?

Self_Destructive Self_Destructive Seriously? I know the original Halo was made for PC back then (I've waited for it) but then it came to consoles first and years after on the PC. I don't believe MS is giving their biggest game they got so easily away.
Yep. It was first announced for both Xbox and PC.

It's supposedly being designed around Series X hardware (or equivalent) and scaled down for Xbox One consoles and lower end PCs.

So basically, the game was always meant as a PC/Xbox game.

It's also releasing on Steam as well as the Win10 store.

If the Medium is impressive it could persuade me to get the xbsx. The only actual exclusive. Want to see some hellblade2 gameplay too

Just hope they don't regress the mechanics in Halo. The controls were perfect, just needed better campaign structure/story. Hope Warzone survives in some form in MP.

Top Bottom