• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - Ready to get back to work Chief?

Are you ready

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acm2000

Lots of indie games getting the limelight, console warriors love that as ammo to use with how unimpressive the MS events are.

Neither Sony or MS have really showed what their consoles can do yet, both slow build up till we get closer to launch.

Love the art style of Everwild tho, just hope they make a good game out of it.

T-Cake

What actually caught my attention is the lack of Xbox One being mentioned at the end of the trailer, as oppose to other titles:

fm8.jpg

Is it a hint that the game will be next-gen only?

Well, not a hint. Confirmation.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
Far too many PS fanboys trying to control the narrative. Sony's conference was really awful, didn't hold a candle to what was shown here 1st party wise. The mental gymnastics by the Sony crowd is quite frankly embarrassing.
The only people controlling 'the narrative' last night were Microsoft, and they did a fucking piss poor job of it. I stopped being interested when the 360 era ended.

SaucyJack

Console Launch Exclusive.

Do we have a clear meaning on this new descriptor? Is it....

1. A console exclusive that is available at console launch
2. A game that is console exclusive when the game launches (i.e. normal timed exclusive)
3. A timed exclusive launch title
4. Something else.

JLMC469

Banned
MS should do a 30 minute presentation on Halo Infinite alone. Similar to what Nintendo did with Breath of the Wild. Explain their vision, show mp, show forge, talk/show more about the campaign.

Get on it Phil.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Console Launch Exclusive.

Do we have a clear meaning on this new descriptor? Is it....

1. A console exclusive that is available at console launch
2. A game that is console exclusive when the game launches (i.e. normal timed exclusive)
3. A timed exclusive launch title
4. Something else.

TLZ

Banned
Is this happening to anyone or just me? Never encountered this before ever.

9csvqjj.png

Video plays normally, but I can't access the comments or likes or anything below the video.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Video plays normally, but I can't access the comments or likes or anything below the video.
Just a technical problem with YT. Happened to me quite a few times but not on the regular.

Last edited by a moderator:

magaman

Banned
Lots of indie games getting the limelight, console warriors love that as ammo to use with how unimpressive the MS events are.

Neither Sony or MS have really showed what their consoles can do yet, both slow build up till we get closer to launch.

Love the art style of Everwild tho, just hope they make a good game out of it.

Nah, Sony has showed plenty with the UE5 preso and Horizon. Nothing else is really needed. First round KO, Sony.

Grinchy

Banned
What may be worse than how little actual content they had to show was that they couldn't even show anything running on an actual XSX. The PS5 event specifically told us everything was running on a PS5 and they were many months out from release.

MS had more time to put their show together (June 4 vs July 23) and still can't even tell us anything was on a XSX. They just tell us Ori will have an unlock framerate patch, they show some PC footage of Destiny 2, ect. And the vast majority of the other things they showed were CG internal promo videos for games that have barely started development. They aren't painting a pretty picture for their launch and the studios must be scrambling.

JLMC469

Banned
What may be worse than how little actual content they had to show was that they couldn't even show anything running on an actual XSX. The PS5 event specifically told us everything was running on a PS5 and they were many months out from release.

MS had more time to put their show together (June 4 vs July 23) and still can't even tell us anything was on a XSX. They just tell us Ori will have an unlock framerate patch, they show some PC footage of Destiny 2, ect. And the vast majority of the other things they showed were CG internal promo videos for games that have barely started development. They aren't painting a pretty picture for their launch and the studios must be scrambling.

What is the PS5’s launch lineup?

YoodlePro

I was talking about launch titles. The games that are going to be available day one. Apart from the Demon Souls remake, it is extremely weak.
Well Demon Souls isn't a launch title is it. I thought it's one of the ones that will arrive much later.

Call it what you like, the grass on the other side isn't much greener (pun intended)

Gamernyc78

Banned
Well Demon Souls isn't a launch title is it. I thought it's one of the ones that will arrive much later.

Call it what you like, the grass on the other side isn't much greener (pun intended)

It's beyond green we actually have games we look forward too and look next gen. Side by side game presentations and compared and contrast, Sony's just dominates regardless of subjectivity.

Great write up at Eurogamer titled: Microsoft still hasnt made the case for xbox series x here.

And yet, 2013 still has an important lesson to teach us. Microsoft fluffed it so hard then because it thought a pitch to the core gaming audience no longer mattered. It was wrong. This audience of tastemakers is still the hub the wider gaming community revolves around, and it really matters what excites them - what excites us. If your games don't thrill us, if your pitch seems driven by theory rather than passion, you are in trouble. Xbox still has work to do.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The game lineup for the trailer wasn't bad, but the manner they were shown doesn't exactly inspire confidence or excitement.

Would have been better just to show a string of 2min gameplay segments of each game with a caption saying "real-time gameplay captured directly from XSX hardware". Halo-> Avowed -> Fable -> Everwild -> Forza Motorsport -> Psychonauts -> Flight Sim -> Gears Tactics -> The Medium -> State of Decay 3 -> END. 20min and it would have conveyed a much stronger message.

I don't understand the disconnect with MS right now, but a gamer pretty much assumes there's no game at all when you show cinematic trailers. Can't be stupid like that. Even a vertical slice is a better option.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Hmm to be fair, Xbox looks like it will have some great games...just won’t see them until late 2022/early 2023

I'm all for a dope Fable and Forza, halo meh on my end and I played Hellblade 1 and it was OK so Hellblade 2 doesn't really move me. But yeah thy should hopefully have some good games come 2022/23

Wonder if legalizing the pot has some part to do with this, apart from the clown show era. Halo actually looks like it's from a team that forgot how to code and are just trying to get through the day. Other games, not even the devs know what they are. HAHAHAHAH!!!! Sony pushing 2 men having anal sex to be enjoyed in the family living room. Jernoz saying it's all great.

Nickolaidas

Wonder if legalizing the pot has some part to do with this, apart from the clown show era. Halo actually looks like it's from a team that forgot how to code and are just trying to get through the day. Other games, not even the devs know what they are. HAHAHAHAH!!!! Sony pushing 2 men having anal sex to be enjoyed in the family living room. Jernoz saying it's all great.
You sure it's not you smoking pot? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

2 men ... anal sex ... just what?

Top Bottom