• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox social media really rubbing it in :D

100M monthly Xbox users? Where are they getting these kind of numbers? Are they including all of the owners of the 3DO, Atari Jaguar, and Sega 32X?

FPS games are fast becoming an irrelevant genre. There’s good reason that Sony doesn’t give a shit about them. It’s not 2008 anymore. And if they’re so important, why did MS have only 1 exclusive FPS this gen? You could also argue that Killzone: Shadowfall is a MUCH better game than Halo 5. Strategy games? It’s not 1998 anymore, and mostly anyone who cares about that genre plays on PC. Same with WRPG’s. As for RPG’s IN GENERAL, any Playstation console is the clear winner, except for the first half of the PS3 gen. TPS? Uncharted and The Last of Us (especially the first TLOU), is much better than anything that MS could even hope to compete with. Multiplayer games? LOL. Service games? Mega lulz. Yeah, I sure hope that MS focuses on the later. They keep that up and the Series X will be their Dreamcast.

Huh? The Switch is the only console for RPGs at this point. And why are you laughing at multiplayer games? They are the most long-lived, engaging, and supported games in the industry.

Redlight

23 creative studios we just bought. The employees never applied to work with us and they didn't release anything yet. Yay!
All they're doing is flexing their wallet, which is quite lame. Unlike Sony, they didn't work closely and form a unique relationship with the studios that they bought before buying them; they simply used their massive wealth to buy them out. Hence, they get no credit from me for acquiring studios.
I can almost guarantee Bethesda will have a noticeable quality drop now that they are an MS studio.
Rubbing what in? Even after spending 7.5b on zenimax, Sony still holds the better studios.
Lol do you really think it's possible for Bethesda's quality to drop any more?
They’ve had a noticeable quality drop for half a decade already.
I think some people need a good hug. :pie_hugging

supernova8

Banned
Haha. It could really backfire on them.

I will say though, for the more "mainstream" crowd, the Xbox Twitter accounts are really good and know what they're doing.

(This does not include Aaron Cringeberg. Nice guy but needs to stop tweeting)

Personally I find their social media stuff super cringe but yeah I guess some people might like it

longdi

Banned
Xbox,pc,mobile. A base Sony will never have.
Keep telling us how many plastic boxes Sony sold.

Biggest problem is Jim Ryan. The guy is stuck in the '00s

Still thinking some zany ads and temp exclusives are the way to go. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: M16

Sushen

All they're doing is flexing their wallet, which is quite lame. Unlike Sony, they didn't work closely and form a unique relationship with the studios that they bought before buying them; they simply used their massive wealth to buy them out. Hence, they get no credit from me for acquiring studios.
If your definition of "working closely and form a unique relationship" is about money hatting other publishers for timed exclusivity, I got your concern.

Kagey K

Banned
I've been playing FO76 on Game Pass and don't understand what people were complaining about. The game is actually really good.
People didn’t like it at launch because it was an MMO/GAAS style game instead of a single player FO experience, supposedly it was content starved when it came out.

I started playing it around the time Wastelanders dropped and I can’t see the problem with it.

Some people will never change their mind after a first impression though, especially those that never played it.

People didn’t like it at launch because it was an MMO/GAAS style game instead of a single player FO experience, supposedly it was content starved when it came out.

I started playing it around the time Wastelanders dropped and I can’t see the problem with it.

Some people will never change their mind after a first impression though, especially those that never played it.

Really though, they don't know what they're missing. The mechanics are pretty deep and the MP aspect only adds to it. The Wanted/Bounty system is a lot of fun. It's certainly better than FO4.

Kagey K

Banned
Really though, they don't know what they're missing. The mechanics are pretty deep and the MP aspect only adds to it. The Wanted/Bounty system is a lot of fun. It's certainly better than FO4.
I’ve been trying to convince a friend to come play it, but he refuses to even though its free on Gamepass and he has Gamepass just due to those initial reviews back then.

Some people are just stubborn that way.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Hell yeah, good for them. I think a lot of people thought Xbox wouldn't recover from the half a billion dollar Craig fiasco.

ZywyPL

Banned
FPS games are fast becoming an irrelevant genre. There’s good reason that Sony doesn’t give a shit about them. It’s not 2008 anymore.

That's not true at all, SP-focused FPS are surely becoming less and less common nowadays, they aren't as good as TPP games for story/character driven titles, never have been IMO, but for gameplay-driven titles, FPS is the way to go, just look at the daily/weekly/monthly most played games, most of them are FPS, ee're talking abut hundreds of millions of people, so far from being irrelevant.

This is Xbox:

🎮 100M+ monthly active community members
🎮 15M+ Xbox Game Pass members
🎮 23 creative studios

...and we still can't make a profit
rock-salt-10kg-3.jpg

I'm nobody

Sony isn't a publisher level purchaser, they just don't have the financial means. Their financials can support a studio by studio acquisition model, not conglomerates.
Nooo they was not going to buy fox for 45 billion or pay 3.5 billion for a financial buyout and others u make out this is a big thing u no same week Nvidia payed 30 billion out for a chip company right
Stop talking out of that ring u call a arse hole

Redlancet

Banned
Sure you were. You just didn't know MS/Bethesda's long time gaming relationship and thought Bethesda was just another third party game company.

You should maybe read up on things before typing.
any of these studios were from a third party publisher doing games for other systems two days ago? why xbox fans act like nurturing studios its the same that just buying them?

Redlancet

Banned
I think some people need a good hug. :pie_hugging
nah they have good games at launch :p

Sony have their don matrick.....this is literally like 2013 in reverse
no motter how much you want that scenario to be true,its not ,some of you act like sony itsnt being launch with a strong exclusive and ms with none,and ps5 are destroying preorders numbers,sire its 2013 in reverse,sure

Last edited:

pasterpl

It is getting ridiculous, Sony over the years acquired multiple studios, closed Some, created some new ones etc. Just as ms is doing, but the difference is that ms is doing it now at bigger scale because gaming is now bigger then what it was 10 years ago.

So true...

I kinda feel like after how Marvel's Avengers turned out (regardless of how well the game might have sold), this exclusive Spiderman thing does not sting anymore as much as I thought it would. The game itself is a big heaping burning trashpile, where anything besides the story, and parts of combat are just worse than Destiny.

TimFL

Funny how MS are better at everything yet the ps4 obliterated them in sales.
No you misunderstand. The „No“ actually isn‘t a direct comparison to MS, it‘s to the overall gaming market. All „No“s also apply to MS, because their exclusives are mediocre at best compared to everything else.

Alan Wake

For me it's all about what games are available on the platform(s) I own, not what kind of relationship publishers and developers had before the games were made.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
MS continues to have no class. This is why your execs and PR mouthpieces act like children.
Well they take inspiration from places like this and well, I am totally cool with that. Not sure if you are familiar with something like dbrand doing their business for example, it's many ways how to be seen in Social media.

Well they are trying, this is nothing compared to 8+ years of humiliation and torture, and no matter what they do they will never top this gem

They had such a great team back then, also that chonker basically saved PS4, well also thanks to Randy Pitchford.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Morrowind was on Xbox only ,and with BC you can play it even now with an Xbox one

CrysisFreak

Banned
Now that they won't have to worry about putting out a game to pay the bills, they can focus on making the games they want and give them time to breath. Todd Howard referenced this himself in his first interview after it was announced.

Gamepass has the ability to allow devs to avoid crunch, avoid rushing out a product, and more importantly allow more creative freedom. As long as there are paying subscribers, they can focus on content. Not many developers have that luxury in today's gaming business climate.

This only applies to the 23 studios under MS umbrella of course, but that's a big umbrella with a lot of talent underneath it.
Well so far that has not exactly worked out for them lmao

Aidah

Bethesda and Microsoft are best buds man, that's why they bought them, locking the popular IPs is only secondary. Try to ignore that Bethesda had 2 PS5 timed exclusives lined up right before the acquisition.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Well they take inspiration from places like this and well, I am totally cool with that. Not sure if you are familiar with something like dbrand doing their business for example, it's many ways how to be seen in Social media.

They had such a great team back then, also that chonker basically saved PS4, well also thanks to Randy Pitchford.

Greenberg & Nelson are pure cringe. Ybarra isn't far off. Anytime your PR guys are compared to Timdog it isn't a good thing.

Top Bottom