• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox social media really rubbing it in :D

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This acquisition has turned our Sony Bros into a veritable salt factory

sea-salt-mountains-messolonghi.png

Last edited:

Alebrije

Need to see the games not matter how many studios MS buy....I mean nee IPs developed by those studios like Grounded by Obsidian.

Once they deliver Xbox could be interesting.

Bar81

All they're doing is flexing their wallet, which is quite lame. Unlike Sony, they didn't work closely and form a unique relationship with the studios that they bought before buying them; they simply used their massive wealth to buy them out. Hence, they get no credit from me for acquiring studios.

Why do you care? Are you forming those alleged "unique" relationships? As a consumer what matters is what games are released. There are no martyrs here - both MS and Sony are big evil corporations that care about only one thing - $$$

Andodalf

Banned
What sort of response are you expecting? Feel better for getting that off your chest?

I’ll be back to collect your tears in 2022 then, I guess 😉

Its not worth talking to him, he's clearly one of the Sony Fanboys Alts he's troll suiciding. These Neo troll accounts are INSANE

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Figure out how to release a Halo just shows how much Xbox needs Masterchief they’re afraid Sony will buy GTA

sainraja

Since you apparently know nothing about Bethesda, I’d go watch the podcast Larry did with Phil Todd and Pete. Bethesda was working with Xbox before Xbox was a thing, and Todd has said many times that Morrowind coming to Xbox saved the company. They were intimately involved in the amount of Ram doubling for the 360. Xbox was the first to give them a chance to come onto an E3 stage. Bethesda was an early participant in Gamepass, and has done a lot of work on Cloud gaming themselves, so they’re a fit for Xbox now more than ever, and a 20 year relationship just got sealed.

If you go read Phil and Todd’s statements from the day of the announcement, it sounds like they’re talking about HS sweethearts more than billion and trillion dollar companies. The relationship between BGS and Xbox is closer than just about any 3rd party to any 1st party.

Bethesda wasn't the only studio they got out of the acquisition though so his point is still kinda valid.

sainraja

Sure you were. You just didn't know MS/Bethesda's long time gaming relationship and thought Bethesda was just another third party game company.

You should maybe read up on things before typing.

Now you're trying to force a scenario which isn't really applicable. Bethesda is just one studio out of the acquisition they got; even if he did not know about their special relationship does not mean the rest of what he said does not apply. lol

Andodalf

Banned
Bethesda wasn't the only studio they got out of the acquisition though so his point is still kinda valid.

Zenimax is just a holding company for BGS, that it used to secure funding and expand. I guess you can be upset Bethesda acquired those studios if you want?

sainraja

Zenimax is just a holding company for BGS, that it used to secure funding and expand. I guess you can be upset Bethesda acquired those studios if you want?

Not sure how I see the relevance of that. Just simply pointing that out, Bethesda is just one studio out of the many acquired. Bethesda had a close relationship does not automatically mean the others did as well.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Not sure how I see the relevance of that. Just simply pointing that out, Bethesda is just one studio out of the many acquired. Bethesda had a close relationship does not automatically mean the others did as well.

If you think Bethesda is just one studio they got you're wrong. Zenimax is Bethesda Game studios. The Founder of BGS made zenimax as a holding company for BGS. A relationship with BGS is a relationship with Zenimax, who they acquired.

sainraja

If you think Bethesda is just one studio they got you're wrong. Zenimax is Bethesda Game studios. The Founder of BGS made zenimax as a holding company for BGS. A relationship with BGS is a relationship with Zenimax, who they acquired.

Uhh....what? lol

I didn't say Bethesda is just one studio. Are you capable of following a conversation in sequence on a forum? Because I don't get why you're so confused.

Person A stated Microsoft just used the money they had to buy Bethesda along with all the other studios (whatever the hierarchy is does not matter); they did not cultivate that relationship, etc etc.

Person B (you) responded saying no that is not right!!! You have no idea! Bethesda is close with Microsoft!!!

Person C added, he's not [completely] wrong since Bethesda is only one of the studios from the whole set of studios acquired.

Just relax.

EDIT

It's funny how the very thing you are questioning is in the statement that you are quoting.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
They should allow these acquisitions to pay off before getting cocky. Could easily end up biting them in the ass.
Nah. Especially Bethesda. They've been putting out bangers for a while. Over a decade or more. This was quite the acquisition. Now Bethesda can make games and have the resources for a proper polish. You couldn't paint this in a bad light if you tried.

Andodalf

Banned
Uhh....what? lol

I didn't say Bethesda is just one studio. Are you capable of following a conversation in sequence on a forum?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Just simply pointing that out, Bethesda is just one studio out of the many acquired.

Bruh moment here

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Well they all do now. In the end it makes little difference.

sainraja

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bruh moment here

Lol, just read a little further in that quote. I guess baby steps.

sainraja

Well they all do now. In the end it makes little difference.

Oh yeah totally. Not saying it makes a difference now. I mistakenly entered a hornets nest lol, I mean, I was simply adding to the conversation happening that if Bethesda had a close relationship with Microsoft, does not mean the others did. They might have also but you can't assume that off of Bethesda's relationship.

bosnianpie

Now it's time to deliver.

Just a month ago they were getting massacred because their flagship game looked awful. It seems people are fast to forget.

MS has now a decent amount of studios under their umbrella. That will guarantee them quantity in the next generation, but that does not equal quality.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Now it's time to deliver.

Just a month ago they were getting massacred because their flagship game looked awful. It seems people are fast to forget.

MS has now a decent amount of studios under their umbrella. That will guarantee them quantity in the next generation, but that does not equal quality.
At least for the time being, they're giving out a lot of good will.

Orky

Banned
Just a reminder: Those numbers will secure you third place in the gaming industry.

To compare Sony:

- 12 Sony Developer to deliver high quality games (Quality over Quantity)
- 103.000.000 Active monthly user
- 115.000,000 consoles sold.

Let’s see nextgen then. Since Sony believes in Generations they basically start at:

0 consoles sold. 0 active monthly users.

Texas Pride

Banned
They say it's always pride before the fall.

They've never won a generation but they got mad skills with the pocketbook. If you can't beat em buy em is what they say over at MS. They're trying to find their way out of the woods blindfolded. Who knows they look long enough maybe they get lucky. If history is a guide to future endeavors they've got an uphill battle.

Top Bottom