• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 2 After It Was Released, No News Yet for Final Fantasy 7 Remake on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am messing with you. Dont take it serious.
So the war got me pretty good today...

Now you are opening a new subject for me. Are the new FF titles or even resident evil "Japanese"?

What I mean is, aren't Japanese developers making their games more and more western in their style? what is "japanese" about them other than the company that made them?
Clarified above what I meant

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Now you are opening a new subject for me. Are the new FF titles or even resident evil "Japanese"?

What I mean is, aren't Japanese developers making their games more and more western in their style? what is "japanese" about them other than the company that made them?
Before they migrated to PC, they were all in on PS. It has to do more with PS being a home console, and Xbox being an outsider.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Serious question, does people with Xbox care? You get Playstation for Japanese games...

This you?
wYwJBX4.png

Neofire

what are they supposed to do? they already took the money from Sony, they won't spoil that relationship by taking money from MS just to put it on the platform that will have the least amount of sales
Not only that it's is FACT that all those games sell best on playstation anyway regardless of howany people cry about it the Japanese could care less about the Xbox.

Lognor

Banned
I forgot all about this game. It probably still comes to xbox and will likely be day one on game pass. Not sure when though! I doubt I'll play it.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It really depends on how well it sold really. Maybe when they release the next part they will do a package deal.

NonPhixion

I forgot all about this game. It probably still comes to xbox and will likely be day one on game pass. Not sure when though! I doubt I'll play it.
On day 700+ Xbox gets the game day 1 on game pass.

Xbox has only ever had 2 mainline FF single player games day one. Luckily they were the best two in FFXIII and FFXV

Last edited:
I would be more disappointed if Ubisoft games skipped Xbox couldn't care less about japanese games outside of fromsoftware and a few Capcom titles

And, it's a remake, i never play remakes, i think this industry is going down the drain with all these remakes, directors cut, remasters, collections and so on... Where's the originality? It's like Hollywood's superhero fix
Well without spoilers i can tell you its not really a remake... and remake is in the title for a very specific reason, not because they were lazy.

Fredrik

I think Square Enix should port the game to Xbox because it's unacceptable that only PlayStation owners get to experience what an absolute piece of shit this game is.
Lol
I hate the hectic combat but the cut scenes, visuals and animations, are absolute top tier. Haven’t finished it yet but I do enjoy my time with it when the combat isn’t getting me pissed.

Three

The fuck are you on? Are you going by boxed sales?
Stranger of paradise was an ass, even on japan. That is coming from a place, where PS is big.
No, drop the "boxed sales" bollocks.

83% of digital sales were on PS
91% of physical sales were on PS

What's the games total sales tally right now?
Let me do the maths for you:
<17% of Whatever low sales tally you think it was == "why did we bother" still.

This is the kind of stupidity that we all expect from emotionally attached fans who have trouble rubbing two brain cells together. Xbox gets shafted on all the big-name FF games and you wonder why nobody cares about a spinoff? And one that has bombed commercially and critical on all platforms? Seriously?

It almost writes itself.
All that and you're the one going on a tirade. Xbox gets mainline FF already. You even got the spinoff neither of which sold any meaningful numbers on xbox. What did they get shafted on?

FFVII Remake is not mainline. It's a remake that was successful but it was not something that was imagined to be a huge success before that E3. xbox made no effort to get it done because you guessed it they didn't expect sales for it.

Plus you have other silly xbox fans to blame for taking the piss out of remakes and remasters for so long back then too and sometimes still do. They have played them 9 years ago and would rather put in the original disc or something.

Lol
I hate the hectic combat but the cut scenes, visuals and animations, are absolute top tier. Haven’t finished it yet but I do enjoy my time with it when the combat isn’t getting me pissed.
Thats interesting, i thought the combat was one of the best parts. Do you do active like and action adventure or old school slow down and take turns style? I did the slowmod my first play through then switched to short cuts on the second play through and it felt way more fluid.

Lognor

Banned
On day 700+ Xbox gets the game day 1 on game pass.

Xbox has only ever had 2 mainline FF single player games day one. Luckily they were the best two in FFXIII and FFXV
That's exactly it. It's not on Xbox right now. When it comes it will be on game pass day one. Not that hard to understand...

Lol at octopath traveler. When that game finally released on Xbox it was game pass day one. Get it? I'm sure if it ever comes to ps5 it'll be ps+ day one probably

NonPhixion

That's exactly it. It's not on Xbox right now. When it comes it will be on game pass day one. Not that hard to understand...

Lol at octopath traveler. When that game finally released on Xbox it was game pass day one. Get it? I'm sure if it ever comes to ps5 it'll be ps+ day one probably
Yes and I was making the joke that it isn't a day one game. Get it?

Three

Crap games typically sell like crap.
Cool, notice the pattern with FF:7R in this thread too though?

I think it will never come out on Xbox and neither will FFXVI, due to moneyhats.

No big loss though.

Honestly you aren’t missing anything. I spent £70 on it and it’s a shambles. The writing has to be one of the worst Iv ever seen. And the gameplay is pretty tedious.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean its a shame for the xbox players but honestly with how long it's taking I would just get anouther platform.

It's how I solved my issues. For some reason Forza Horizon didn't like my PC hardware and would just close to desktop whenever it got to a specific point, I wanted to play it so I just bought an Xbox Series X, now I enjoy it regularly.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet on these things, it's how the industry has worked for as long as I have been gaming. Sometimes you won't get the third party titles unless you buy the other platform. Having access to gamepass downstairs where I can have my feet up has been it's own reward too.

Last edited:

NonPhixion

But it's simple to understand. It's not on Xbox right now. When it comes it will be on game pass. That was a joke. My bad. It wasn't funny so went over my head!
Extremely simple to understand. Makes sense for Squenix to take game pass money 3 years after the games release.

The original came to xbox 2019, game pass 2020 and left a year later. Squenix tend to treat that IP a little differently. So maybe you wont get it on game pass day 1 of an xbox release :(

Last edited:

I would have bought it had it launched when it launched on PS4. Why would I go out and buy a game from a publisher who tells me I am a second class customer? Doesn’t really have anything to do with GamePass. If GamePass didn’t exist, I’d buy a used copy.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Huh, and here I though that they were going to release one episode per year.

At this rate they're either gonna have to trim it down or finish it by 2030 or so.

II_JumPeR_I

If nothing comes with the Steam release, square can fuck off.

Man this topic turned into childish console/sales war...

Love reading this myth that xbox players dont buy/play jrpgs.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Haven’t the numbers shown that JRPGs sell really poorly on Xbox? Is it worth SE doing QA, launching the game on Xbox etc for what? An extra 200k-300k sales or so? Probably not.

II_JumPeR_I

Haven’t the numbers shown that JRPGs sell really poorly on Xbox? Is it worth SE doing QA, launching the game on Xbox etc for what? An extra 200k-300k sales or so? Probably not.
Jrpgs sell fine on Xbox. If you do shit like Square and do this timed exclusive shit for years and then ask for full price 1-2 years after its first release, of course folks wont bother...

Square probably already got another bag of money for a gamepass release. June or July.

Last edited:

FingerBang

Lol
I could write an essay on everything that is wrong with this game, but yeah, it's not terrible. I think the combat is good and it presents itself well, but it's a slog with a 4-hour story spread on 30 hours. All that's good about the game is stuff that was in the original, everything else is terrible. I don't remember hating a game so much ever in my life.

I know I'm in the minority since many of my friends liked it, but to me it's just a bad game that tries to be acceptable by wearing the skin of FFVII.

Love reading this myth that xbox players dont buy/play jrpgs
I mean you can see the sales comparisons, including really good Xbox exclusive JRPGs, like Lost Odyssey, that didn't sell. Not sure how this is a myth.

If you really care about JRPGs, you'll get a PlayStation. Just like if you really care about FPS games, you'll get an Xbox.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You’re not missing much. Modern FF games stink.

I mean you can see the sales comparisons, including really good Xbox exclusive JRPGs, like Lost Odyssey, that didn't sell. Not sure how this is a myth.

If you really care about JRPGs, you'll get a PlayStation. Just like if you really care about FPS games, you'll get an Xbox.

If you really care about JRPGs, you’ll get a Switch. Persona 5 is the only good exclusive JRPG for Sony in like 10 years.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Jrpgs sell fine on Xbox. If you do shit like Square and do this timed exclusive shit for years and then ask for full price 1-2 years after its first release, of course folks wont bother...

Square probably already got another bag of money for a gamepass release. June or July.
Even Blue Dragon didn’t even sell a million copies on the 360, the most popular Xbox. Not sure I’d describe that as ‘fine’.

anthony2690

Banned
At this point, I feel like it will just one day show up on game pass, sqaure enix will cut a deal and get some extra money when they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom