• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Pilgrimzero

It's the exact same game, so some builds will definitely still fuck you over.

A summoning necro is not one of them, though. That build is about as easy-mode as you can get.

it was a case walk until Diablo who could kill all my Skeletons in one aoe

dDoc

D3 is a piece of crap.

I've never played D2 but my guess is overall D2 is the better game but D3 is more modern and is better than the older game in other aspects.

Still think it's a pity Blizzard didnt modernise D2R a bit more, would have been more appealing IMO.

iHaunter

I've never played D2 but my guess is overall D2 is the better game but D3 is more modern and is better than the older game in other aspects.

Still think it's a pity Blizzard didnt modernise D2R a bit more, would have been more appealing IMO.
Yeah, D3 is definitely more friendly, when playing with friends. But it's a bad game in general.

D2 is a great game, but not as friendly in terms of how the mechanics work in a group dynamic, sadly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
75 to all res on hell with 8 frame fcr breakpoint on sorc now, yass

This has to be one of the craziest plat trophies out there, part of it is the challenge of the hardcore trophy but also it's the time investment needed, clear Hell with every class etc.

Too bad I already used my respec, want to change up my build a bit, need to wait until Nightmare. Good thing is I might change my mind *again* so the full playthrough on Normal is the best opportunity to figure out what one likes and what direction they want to take their character. Currently breezing through Act 2, loving it.

Malachai

Gold Member
This game does not fuck about. Went into a level 1 cave, got my arse handed to me and lost my weapon, shield and all my gold. Now I'm not sure how to proceed.

MikeM

This game does not fuck about. Went into a level 1 cave, got my arse handed to me and lost my weapon, shield and all my gold. Now I'm not sure how to proceed.

Run in quick. Before getting too close to your stuff, get a town portal active if you can. Then run, grab your shit, and run to the portal to gtfo.

Malachai

Gold Member
Run in quick. Before getting too close to your stuff, get a town portal active if you can. Then run, grab your shit, and run to the portal to gtfo.
Tried that and immediately got murderised again. It's all good though. Portalled back to the Cold Plains and immediately found a club so I'm bludgeoning all and sundry to death again. Good times!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YES THIS IS ORNSTEIN SPEAKING

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU

YGRkxiN.png

Last edited:

Vaelka

All of the bullshit with Blizzard and the absolutely horrible female models in the remaster ( which has to be fucking intentional at this point... ) made me pass on it.
Which is sad because I grew up playing D1 and 2 so I was really hyped when I first heard there was going to be remaster I had been looking forward to it.
At this point tho I am genuinely just so done with Blizzard I even just deleted my account altogether.

But if you're as big of a fan of D2 as I was when I was a kid and you're enjoying the remaster then I am happy for you.
I really wish I could but enough is enough.

bender

What time is it?
Keep seeing people say it's 30fps on PS5. So there is a performance mode then? I guess they're just missing that.

Performance mode isn't the default. It is also kind of crazy they can't run this graphics mode at 60FPS.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Do i pay the death toll upon death even if i put my gold into the stash?

Is it better to invest in mana regeneration or to keep huge amounts of mana potions around for the sorceress?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone have news how it runs and looks on Series X? 4k/60? Are the graphics better than the beta? Or same shit as a month ago?

For anyone playing on any platform, any notable improvements or tweaks they made since the beta? UI?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
All of the bullshit with Blizzard and the absolutely horrible female models in the remaster ( which has to be fucking intentional at this point... ) made me pass on it.
I'll only play it on legacy mode. Models are better as well as the atmosphere and contrast. The new graphics don't click with me. The only female model in Resurrected that is "acceptable" is the Sorceress.

It's hilarious how much better the Amazon looks when you put a full helmet over their face. I imagine the same is true for the Assassin.

For the males I feel like the only good models there is the Necro and the Druid.

I personally still think the better remake/remaster is Grim Dawn: Reign of Terror. Especially when it comes to hit collisions on enemies.

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Diablo 2 feels old as shit, more so than I imagined. I didn't play the beta and I honestly thought it would be a lot more like Diablo 3, with a much more fluid gameplay feel to it and an interface that doesn't suck. I just don't have any fun playing this game.

I know there's about a 0.001% chance of getting my money back, but I just pulled the refund trigger.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Diablo 3 looks like a bad cartoon and its babys first action rpg

And yet it set the standard for controller based ARPGs and nothing else comes close. I can appreciate not liking the aesthetics. I've been with this franchise since the original release when I was in college. I can also understand not liking the game because of the streamlining but if you think it is a bad game, I'd say you are suspect. A Disintegrate Wizard is a fucking blast

Last edited:

Tg89

Managed to find a Crystal Sword + Amn rune (last one I needed for my Spirit) in the same cows run.

Socketed + made the runeword.

Fuckin shit up in cows/baal, getting a few levels before starting nightmare.

Rolled back to just before I got my sword.

Feels bad.

MikeM

Anyone have news how it runs and looks on Series X? 4k/60? Are the graphics better than the beta? Or same shit as a month ago?

For anyone playing on any platform, any notable improvements or tweaks they made since the beta? UI?
I have it on Series X and it runs great. No issues.

Tg89

This character is already in a game.

le sigh

NT80

And D3 is a way easier game for those gamers wanting easy. At least at the default kinds of difficulty levels everyone starts with. I got killed in the D2 beta 3-4 times at the first boss. When I played D3 for the first time when it came out I only got killed 3-4 times beating the entire game and that was due to me being careless Ramboing it into a mob since the game was so easy I was plowing into mobs all the time. And a few times I did it I got swamped with Elites doing that brick wall move so I got trapped. No boss killed me in my first run of D3 when it first released.
D2's difficulty is about where it should be on normal. Too easy becomes boring in these types of games and that (and the lack of meaningful choice in builds) is what put me off D3. POE was also too easy in the beginning and I've not been motivated to progress past the 1st few acts. It's when your forced to think about how you build and equip your character and the strategy you take that these games really shine as long as that's not taken too far. D2 only takes it too far in Hell mode. The rest of the time it's about medium difficulty. Outside of Hell mode I don't understand the complaints about it being too difficult and complicated.

Is it better to invest in mana regeneration or to keep huge amounts of mana potions around for the sorceress?
Yes.

keep huge amounts of mana pots. Later in the game mana doesn’t become a problem due to the rune word insight on your merchant. Get 25 strength so you can buy a belt with 8 extra potion slots in act 2

I usually put some points into energy to help early before I respec

warmth is fairly weak. You can put one point in it if you want but it doesn’t do much. I put a single point so it gets all the + skill bonuses. I have 8 in warmth currently due to plus skills and it’s still very minimal

do you have tir runes? I usually make stealth rune word armor and throw 2 tir runes in a helmet

Last edited:
it was a case walk until Diablo who could kill all my Skeletons in one aoe
Thats why late game, you supplement with Revive. For both Baal and Diablo, they have strong minions you need to kill before the encounter, that you can resurrect for 3 minutes. That is long enough to get them to swarm the boss.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Holy FUCK fuck act 3
I can not find this spidercave i am litarly stuck lol i explored basically the whole act xD

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yes.

keep huge amounts of mana pots. Later in the game mana doesn’t become a problem due to the rune word insight on your merchant. Get 25 strength so you can buy a belt with 8 extra potion slots in act 2
Thanks.

Already got the belt but mana is still an issue. Not to big. So better to keep skill points for something else instead?!

Ulysses 31

D2 only takes it too far in Hell mode. The rest of the time it's about medium difficulty. Outside of Hell mode I don't understand the complaints about it being too difficult and complicated.
Dunno how it's now since I only leveled in D2 classic but Duriel is touch as a melee and so are mobs with mutlishot electric enhanced in Nightmare and Hell... 👀 👀 👀

No.
BUT, in Nightmare you lose 5% and Hell, 10% of your current exp progress.
A small amount of lost exp can be regained if you get your corpse back. But if you reset the game to put your corpse in town you don't get that.
Also i always feel the gold stash is too small. It is possible to eventually fill it and had to carry the rest of the gold on the character.
Dunno how it's now since I only leveled in D2 classic but Duriel is touch as a melee and so are mobs with mutlishot electric enhanced in Nightmare and Hell... 👀 👀 👀
Multishot lightning monsters got nerfed long ago.

Duriel is fine as long as your cold resistance is maxed on top of drinking the cold resist potion, which is that potion's only function in the whole game.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
And yet it set the standard for controller based ARPGs and nothing else comes close. I can appreciate not liking the aesthetics. I've been with this franchise since the original release when I was in college. I can also understand not liking the game because of the streamlining but if you think it is a bad game, I'd say you are suspect. A Disintegrate Wizard is a fucking blast
I never played Diablo growing up and D3 was my first experience. It literally pulled me out of my masochistic relationship with year 1 Destiny. It showed me that loot games arent supposed to be scams that keep loot from you just to keep you coming back day after day. The game had a fantastic progression system that allowed you to really tailor your character to your playstyle. It rewarded higher difficulties by offering better loot not just in terms of rarity but also awarded you extra slots for even more customization. Transfusions added even more customization.

No run felt lame. I used to run destiny raids three times a week with three different characters and never got the items i needed after literally four months of grinding. In 100 hours with Reaper of Souls, I had everything i needed and still had new builds and characters to play with.

Last edited:
No.
BUT, in Nightmare you lose 5% and Hell, 10% of your current exp progress.
A small amount of lost exp can be regained if you get your corpse back. But if you reset the game to put your corpse in town you don't get that.
Also i always feel the gold stash is too small. It is possible to eventually fill it and had to carry the rest of the gold on the character.
It’s charging me a gold death toll even with gold in my stash.

I don’t remember it doing that but it is.

FYI they increased the gold stash in d2r

Last edited:
Top Bottom