• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Bkdk

No mods and not even trainers are usable definitely takes away a lot of fun and longetivity of the game. Overall is an ok experience but won't play it for long.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
PreGold1-MOD.jpg

lol @goldfind barb

Lanrutcon

No mods and not even trainers are usable definitely takes away a lot of fun and longetivity of the game. Overall is an ok experience but won't play it for long.

There'll be mods and trainers in a month's time for offline characters, as they are stored locally.

But I don't see how a trainer adds to the longevity of the game. Shortcuts do the opposite.

Vagswarm

Really not feeling this so far, didn't play until today so can no longer find a party on Switch for the starting chapter, playing solo and having to keep teleporting back, identify items, compare items, sell crappy items, return etc.
I felt the same way initially, but then realized there's a lot of gold drops and you don't need the majority of items that drop. I also remember reading about how limiting inventory space makes you have to pick and choose. I just leave a lot of items on the ground and don't bother. If you feel it's worth it to go back to town, then that's your choice, but it will take longer. Then again you'll probably have more cash than those who don't.

You're not supposed to be able to horde items and be loaded with cash from the constant drops. Magic items are not rare in this game, and there's literally millions of items due to the randomness of the magic prefixes. I found the items with + class-based spells usually go for the max of 5k, like wands. Those are worth picking up and don't take a lot of space.

Vagswarm

I was going to show restraint and wait for sale. I lasted 48 hours.....
You made the right choice, friend. AFAIK, Warcraft III: Reforged never went on sale (at least not for the first couple of years) despite being considered a trainwreck. Blizzard and Nintendo are pretty similar in regards to keeping prices high for way too long.

What is Gold even used for? I stock all of it with not much use for it. I guess i could gamble but the items are usually crap anyway
The main thing to gamble for are Cornets. Diadems in particular. They have a rather high chance to have good stats including +skills.

Also, since price of gambling for rings and amulets are fixed, the higher level you are the more worth it it is to gamble for them.

Note that it is hard to get enough gold unless you habitually run gold find characters or know what trash worth more. most 1-hand and 2-hand casting items that have +skills tend to be worth a lot, even if they are not magical.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally caved and got this for the Switch.

I'm pissed though - I guess there isn't a way to play the game without linking your Battle.net account. I tried doing that - I haven't signed into battle.net in a couple of years - and it's asking me for a copy of my photo ID. I'm not fucking giving blizzard a copy of my photo ID. And apparently, refunds aren't a thing for the Switch so I'm just fucked I paid $40 for a cutscene.

Fuck Blizzard.

Kacho

Played my Sorc I started on PC on the Series X today. Gotta say, the gameplay on control is surprisingly good. Makes dodging and positioning super easy. The game also looks and runs flawlessly. Quite comfy.

Warablo

What is Gold even used for? I stock all of it with not much use for it. I guess i could gamble but the items are usually crap anyway
Ya, I really want to make a goldfind barb, but the thought of leveling him up is horrifying to me.

If I find some Ali Baba's I will look into it.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

I'm pissed though - I guess there isn't a way to play the game without linking your Battle.net account. I tried doing that - I haven't signed into battle.net in a couple of years - and it's asking me for a copy of my photo ID. I'm not fucking giving blizzard a copy of my photo ID. And apparently, refunds aren't a thing for the Switch so I'm just fucked I paid $40 for a cutscene.

Fuck Blizzard.

I suspect your account was the target of suspicious activity while you were away. I remember a few years back when I tried to log back into my original bNet account (it was near a decade since I did it) they did the same thing. I later read that means someone persistent tried to get into it. Essentially your account is "locked" due to the weird activity.

I never got that account back, and just kept on using a backup one.

Man, once you get into high level gambling you're going to need millions. Gambling cost scales with item types, and more item types become available in NM and Hell. Gambling amulets and circlets is a common practice as those roll with +skills. Yellow circlets can spawn with +skills, res all, sockets and faster run/walk...all on one item.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Played my Sorc I started on PC on the Series X today. Gotta say, the gameplay on control is surprisingly good. Makes dodging and positioning super easy. The game also looks and runs flawlessly. Quite comfy.

It's better, plain and simple for me. I played all night at work with mouse and keyboard cause I needed a one button press pause button. Came home and played with a controller. Sticking and moving while I shoot fireball and firebolt dodging every arrow and monster that comes my way is so much easier. Being able to use all of the buttons instead of just left and right click and having to switch with other keys is cumbersome on keyboard in my opinion. It feels much more action game on controller.

Vagswarm

Just found out that even if you have no characters in singleplayer, the items in the shared stash remain intact. lol. Totally messed up my initial build, forgetting that the magic lady allows you to respec your skills now, and started anew. 🤷‍♂️ Ah well, didn't lose that much play time.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

I’m hanging onto so much gear thanks to the shared stash. It’s such a small thing that totally changes the game for the better. Super pumped.
Same here. There's a bunch of yellow items in there already. Looking forward to trying some of the other classes to use them on later.

Got burned out on the original Diablo II way too fast (likely due to the hype and anticipation). But I was just a teen with no sense. Hoping to play it longer and enjoy it more now. 🤘

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fuck i cant for the sake of me get a soj

been going at andy for the past 5 hours and nothing

Relique

Fuck Blizzard.
Just create a new battle.net with a throwaway email.

chixdiggit

Just sunk a few hours in and man did I forget how truly a great this game is.
I get some of the complaints but overall to me this is leagues better than D3.
What other ARPG games should I check out that are more D2 and less D3? I already played TL2 and could never get into POE.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just create a new battle.net with a throwaway email.
Is it possible to unlink later? And re-link with my proper account? Without resetting my progress?

Man, just fuck all this stuff - I only wanted to play offline anyway. Modern gaming is the absolute worst.

Inviusx

Has it been any easier to find games on console since launch? I'm playing online but private until I get this necro to farm status. The beta was really hard finding games with more than 1 person.

Kacho

What other ARPG games should I check out that are more D2 and less D3? I already played TL2 and could never get into POE.
If you’re on PC, Grim Dawn for sure. Couldn’t get into POE myself and Grim Dawn had me by the balls. It’s no Diablo 2 though…

If you’re on PC, Grim Dawn for sure. Couldn’t get into POE myself and Grim Dawn had me by the balls. It’s no Diablo 2 though…
I stopped playing Grim Dawn because I hate the killing floor effects. The developers somehow wanted the floor to kill you no matter how you build your character.

PerfectDark

Banned
There are none. That is why D2 21 years later is still the best. This is how bad games have become and how amazing games were in early 2000's.

Kacho

I stopped playing Grim Dawn because I hate the killing floor effects. The developers somehow wanted the floor to kill you no matter how you build your character.
I only got one character to level 100 and the end game was always rough for my build. I’d be dead in the blink of an eye against some mobs thanks to unexpected damage spikes. Never cared to see if I could mitigate that.

Grim Dawn is good game, it just can’t help but feel like a Kickstarter game at times. If Diablo 2 is fruit loops, Grim Dawn is the off brand kind. Every time I play it I always go back to Diablo 2.

Spukc

i tried sorc for the first time ever in d2
pretty fun class so far i was wondering why this game had mana potions

I only got one character to level 100 and the end game was always rough for my build. I’d be dead in the blink of an eye against some mobs thanks to unexpected damage spikes. Never cared to see if I could mitigate that.

Grim Dawn is good game, it just can’t help but feel like a Kickstarter game at times. If Diablo 2 is fruit loops, Grim Dawn is the off brand kind. Every time I play it I always go back to Diablo 2.

give WOLCEN a try on steam.. It's a really fun arpg

Last edited:

Tigerlord

Just sunk some hours in yesterday, building up a bliz sorceress level 13 on switch let me know if anyone wants to join.

Vagswarm

Using the /players code in singleplayer levels you up way faster. Last night (on normal) I got to level 13 in the Catacombs. Tonight I hit level 13 in the Stony Fields. Huge difference.

Made a much better character this time around... spent way too many points in skeletal mastery last time, only to have the 2 skeletons I could actually summon drop like nothing later on. lol. No idea what I was thinking there.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Last Epoch

PanzerAzel

Is there a quicker way to remove gold from the stash (PS5)?

If I only need a few grand I have to hold down on the stick which makes it lower only about 1k per sec. Which initially wasn’t a big hassle when I didn’t have much gold, but this is rapidly becoming an annoying wait as it begins at the full amount and I’m a few hundred k in.

Kacho

Is there a quicker way to remove gold from the stash (PS5)?

If I only need a few grand I have to hold down on the stick which makes it lower only about 1k per sec. Which initially wasn’t a big hassle when I didn’t have much gold, but this is rapidly becoming an annoying wait as it begins at the full amount and I’m a few hundred k in.
You don’t need to withdraw any gold. It automatically takes money from your stash at vendors if you don’t have enough on you.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
i tried sorc for the first time ever in d2
pretty fun class so far i was wondering why this game had mana potions
fun fact.

There was no mana potions for quite a while since release of D2. I'm not exactly sure but at least you couldn't buy them.

killatopak

Gold Member
Ya, I think on release you couldn't buy potions and the drops were so sparse.
yep. warmth was huge back then.

So many things have changed. Barbs were op back then with whirlwind too. Hitting 99 was much easier as well. If you reach 90 right now, it's basically 99 back then. Sometimes I wish I could play those patches with D2R graphics.

Spukc

fun fact.

There was no mana potions for quite a while since release of D2. I'm not exactly sure but at least you couldn't buy them.
Imagine the joys of playing magica based chars 🤣🤣🤌

I am sure we will get these options down the line

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Just finished normal with my sorceress, here's my skills so far:

10 fire bolt
20 fire ball
3 fire mastery

1 static field
1 telekinesis
1 teleport

Should i respect in nightmare or I keep going that way? If so, do I go blizzard, meterorb, orb/fireball?

Top Bottom