• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Got it this afternoon and played it tonight.

- Took a Paladin. Level 13 now. Never used it before in D2
- Picked Offline Mode as I dont care for online play and dont want server hassles. No issues
- Played all the way up to the Monastery and getting the waypoint just in the courtyard and quit for the night
- Got killed once by a slew of skeleton archers outside the Monastery where one was a unique one too
- Found a bunch of decent yellow rares and a good helmet. Boggins Bonnet or something. Found a low level rare sword Fiend Sever and Hailstone leather armour. All necklaces and amulets and rings have been shit so far. And the grand charms take up too much space and not even that great
- Not experienced with a Paladin so I'm just swinging away and swapping abilities like Prayer for healing and that Fire Aura ability for area damage. Unlocked Zeal so will try that

On Series X, I cant tell if the visuals are any better than the beta. Some choppy frame rate sometimes outside running around just like in the beta, even choosing Performance Mode. Such a basic looking game, but it can bog down. In caves it runs better.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

What an addicting game. Made it pretty close to the end of Act I. There's been several instances where I said "just let this experience shrine run out, then I'll quit"... "just let me find the next waypoint and I'll be set"... "just..." lol. It's hard to be the type of player who likes to complete stuff fully, because there's always another area, another item, another boss right up ahead.

It seems to look and play better than it did on the beta. Could be because I'm on singleplayer and there's no latency issues. It runs like a dream... only had one very brief instance of a slow down when the entire screen was full of mobs running around (the fire summoners & their minions). It was but a split second, otherwise the performance has been flawless.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

- Took a Paladin. Level 13 now. Never used it before in D2
- Picked Offline Mode as I dont care for online play and dont want server hassles. No issues
- Played all the way up to the Monastery and getting the waypoint just in the courtyard and quit for the night
- Got killed once by a slew of skeleton archers outside the Monastery where one was a unique one too
Damn, just about the same results here. My necromancer made it to level 13 as well.

The only thing I like about multiplayer, other than obviously having support, is the difficulty ramps up with more players, and the item drop chances are much greater. Or at least that's how it was with the original... After a while, they gave us a console code to make the game think there were however many players in the game during singleplayer, just as it was on multiplayer (you could choose between 2 and 8). I hope they implement this again. Gonna wait until all the launch craziness subsides before suggesting it.

DavidGzz

What an addicting game. Made it pretty close to the end of Act I. There's been several instances where I said "just let this experience shrine run out, then I'll quit"... "just let me find the next waypoint and I'll be set"... "just..." lol. It's hard to be the type of player who likes to complete stuff fully, because there's always another area, another item, another boss right up ahead.

It seems to look and play better than it did on the beta. Could be because I'm on singleplayer and there's no latency issues. It runs like a dream... only had one very brief instance of a slow down when the entire screen was full of mobs running around (the fire summoners & their minions). It was but a split second, otherwise the performance has been flawless.

Super addicting, I've made one of each class besides Assassin so far and she's next since I found some gear for her. Amen on running like a dream. There are compatibility issues with windows 10 on the old game so it always lagged for me. The mouse cursoe always felt sluggish. Now it is crazy responsive.

Man, it's taking me forever to get a good staff to make Leaf. Finally found one and it had three sockets lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
One thing I noticed they fixed in the final version in the UI. I don't know if it was Series X specific or not, but in the beta placing items in the inventory grid was totally misaligned. I needed to place the item one square below what looks like is the correct position. Really aggravating. But it's fixed fine now.

Warablo

What are some of your best finds so far? I just found Skin of the Viper Magi unique in A3 Nightmare! Perfect for my sorc. Mine rolled a 30 res.
vmagiperfxxxp_MED.png

yeah bud, it has happened to all of us. it's just the way of d2
It worked out, found a 4os sword in NM

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
One big difference between D2 and D3 I noticed is item skewing.

In D3, a good chunk of high end items seemed skewed to your class. You'd get some useless/unusable items for other classes, but it sure seemed they adjusted the item generator to give you class specific gear a lot.

In D2 so far (just getting up to the Monastery), I havent found one Paladin specific item yet. But many useless Druid, Assassin, Sorc items I'll avoid or sell off if worth good money.

Vagswarm

One big difference between D2 and D3 I noticed is item skewing.

In D3, a good chunk of high end items seemed skewed to your class. You'd get some useless/unusable items for other classes, but it sure seemed they adjusted the item generator to give you class specific gear a lot.

In D2 so far (just getting up to the Monastery), I havent found one Paladin specific item yet. But many useless Druid, Assassin, Sorc items I'll avoid or sell off if worth good money.
Yep, I've been having the same problem... and did way back in the day. Actually forgot about the item changes in the LOD expansion, like charms and class-specific gear.

If you're planning on making other classes who could use those items, you could place them in the shared stash just in case. There's a lot of space in there. That's what I've been doing.

But in regards to D3 dropping items for your class... it felt like that made the game a lot easier (too easy). Especially with the high chance of good items dropping on top of it.

Last edited:

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Wish you could make the toolbar opaque. My poor oled cries at the massive red orb that's no doubt going to be burnt into my screen.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
I was under the impression that blues are generally what burns in first since blue emitters are OLED's weakness... 👀
It's all bad. Plus, given the static nature of the HUD, the TV slowly starts to dim itself (a self preservation feature) which is annoying in the darker dungeons. Still, my CX is well over a year old with MANY hours of gaming and zero burn in so far so fingers crossed.

Ok, got a plus 2 to fireball staff for my leaf.Buy it for 59k or wait for a plus 3?
I skipped it originally when I saw it hoping for a 3

re rolled for another 30 mins with nothing then a 2 came up so I just bought it. Could have saved myself 30 mins and bought it when I first saw it

edit: make sure you roll a map where the act 2 entrance is near the npc

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Gotta say, as far as remasters go this is the new non plus ultra for me. I don‘t know about online and all but as a SP this is everything I could ever want of a modernization of Diablo 2. Modernized graphics and inventory while keeping everything else intact for the original. Absolute perfection.

I‘ve originally wanted to finish Kena first but I fucking glued to Diablo 2. Love this shit.

Cracklox

So got up to act 2 at level 15 pretty late last night playing assassin. Instead of exiting through the ingame menu though, I just closed the application (ps4 here) as I saw it was constantly autosaving. Got up today to jump back in, and found my level 15 character back to level 5 with quest progress erased and apparently had to go kill blood raven again and progress from there. What made it even more odd was my map progress was still kept and they were all still unfogged.

Was itching to get to level 18 to start some semblance of a build going too, so wasn't real pleased. Enjoying things otherwise but that left a pretty bad taste tbh

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I skipped it originally when I saw it hoping for a 3

re rolled for another 30 mins with nothing then a 2 came up so I just bought it. Could have saved myself 30 mins and bought it when I first saw it

edit: make sure you roll a map where the act 2 entrance is near the npc

I don't know how to reset my layout in single player. Seems to be locked which is nice for farming bosses, not so much for resetting armors and staves though...

Fools idol

Banned
Lol, level 99 on a Hardcore character is an achievement apparently. Isn't that absolutely ridiculously hard? If I remember right from the original I don't think I ever got a hardcore char close to that

Last edited:

Moonjt9

Lol, level 99 on a Hardcore character is an achievement apparently. Isn't that absolutely ridiculously hard? If I remember right from the original I don't think I ever got a hardcore char close to that
Yeah that platinum trophy is absolutely ridiculous. Won’t be chasing this one haha.

killatopak

Gold Member
I don't know how to reset my layout in single player. Seems to be locked which is nice for farming bosses, not so much for resetting armors and staves though...
Change difficulty then go back to your original difficulty. Should reset all maps.

Vagswarm

So apparently having the real-world time option turned on makes absolutely no difference... I was so locked in that I never once looked at it, lol. Eventually (3 hours later) I look up and said "holy sh*t, it's 4:30? How is that even possible!?!" Damn that Blizzard and their addictive gameplay. Every time.

Vagswarm

Oh, nice. Just seen on the official forums that the code for increasing players on singleplayer is already active. If you hit enter to open the console and type /players #, where # is anything from 1 to 8, the difficulty and loot scales up by the amount of players you select. It will confirm on the screen the amount of players you selected. Just tried it, it works.

This is a great way to get some of the better items you usually don't find on singleplayer, but the mobs get tougher.

Last edited:
Oh, nice. Just seen on the official forums that the code for increasing players on singleplayer is already active. If you hit enter to open the console and type /players #, where # is anything from 1 to 8, the difficulty and loot scales up by the amount of players you select. It will confirm on the screen the amount of players you selected. Just tried it, it works.

This is a great way to get some of the better items you usually don't find on singleplayer, but the mobs get tougher.
This had been a thing for years.

Just remember, that you basically increase exp by 50% per extra player. But item drops only increase in increments of odd numbers. So if you only care about drops, Players 7 is just as good as players 8.

Also, Players drop improvements work on normals and bosses. But for bosses Players 3 is good enough due to diminished returns. On the other hand, rare monsters ONLY drop one item and Super Uniques ONLY drop 2 items. So if you say, want to farm Pindleskin, Players 8 wouldn't make him drop any more than the two he was always going to drop.

Vagswarm

This had been a thing for years.

Just remember, that you basically increase exp by 50% per extra player. But item drops only increase in increments of odd numbers. So if you only care about drops, Players 7 is just as good as players 8.

Also, Players drop improvements work on normals and bosses. But for bosses Players 3 is good enough due to diminished returns. On the other hand, rare monsters ONLY drop one item and Super Uniques ONLY drop 2 items. So if you say, want to farm Pindleskin, Players 8 wouldn't make him drop any more than the two he was always going to drop.
Indeed it has, but only for the original. They made no mention on if it would be included in Ressurected.

I forgot that it also increases experience... that's a pretty huge incentive.

hlm666

You can or I should probably say could do it with a summon based necromancer reasonably easy. It's not the fastest way to climb the hardcore ladder but I used to use it back in the day because I could survive with a 220ms ping during most of the places one hit deaths came from. My deaths mainly come from getting greedy and stacking magic find over resistances with the build.

Ok so about to go in, should i play this online or offline. ATM dont care about help from outiside, i want to go through this as single player. But what about ladders and etc, any of that mean anything or its safer to stick to offline character due to current disconnects etc.

DavidGzz

Ok so about to go in, should i play this online or offline. ATM dont care about help from outiside, i want to go through this as single player. But what about ladders and etc, any of that mean anything or its safer to stick to offline character due to current disconnects etc.

At the moment the only reason to go online is if you want to play with others. I never really did much MP back in the day so SP suits me fine. I used to do MP to mule and share some rare drops with my other classes. Now I can do that with the shared stash so I don't have a reason to go online. It's awesome. I can see Blizzard giving an incentive to play ladder down the road. They no longer have ladder only runewords so maybe they will add something else to get people to partake. Maybe that's why the ladder got delayed.

Killed Diablo last night. My companion got absolutely murdered within 2 seconds but I just kept kiting him with my traps for an EZ kill

Now I'm on Lord of Destruction, which I've only played once like 20 years ago, so I'm mostly unfamiliar with it. I'm so unfamiliar with it that I was VERY confused when I kept seeing people talking about "runewords" in here. I've read up on it now but man, I had no idea they added that system to the game... or I completely forgot lmao

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
What's the wall and what class?
Necro, and the second part of the staff quest. Level 15 I am. I joined with a nother necro who was like level 21 and much more powerful.

Skellies arent doing enough damage to clear the trash mobs quick enough

PSA: there is a known bug with shared stash disappearing in offline single player (only PlayStation afaik), patch apparently coming soon but be careful, I lost a bunch of stuff.

PanzerAzel

When will I start to get some actual decent gear?

Level 14 sorceress, I just got to the barracks past the monastery. I killed the countess in the tower once and got Eth and Tar (sp?) runes, but holding onto them for some armor sold in Act II I heard about in a YT video that can make some good stealth kit or whatever.

All the weapons the vendors sell are shit. Akara only seems to have staffs catering to ice builds and I’m focusing on lightning/fire.

Any early game tips for better wares?

Last edited:
Top Bottom