• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

When did they start doing that for games? There isn't even a ladder at launch so that sucks. Oh well, I took the next night off too so I can just sleep like a daywalker. *shudder*
No idea, I was confused when I read that it won’t unlock at your local midnight.

my guess is that it avoids people using the trick where you change your time zone to New Zealand. It also forces everyone to start at the exact same time. NZ and people who switch time zone would have a 19 hour advantage otherwise.

Last edited:

Von

When did they start doing that for games? There isn't even a ladder at launch so that sucks. Oh well, I took the next night off too so I can just sleep like a daywalker. *shudder*
Region/time zoneTime
Los Angeles (PDT)8:00 a.m. (Sept. 23)
New York (EDT)11:00 a.m. (Sept. 23)
Brasilia (BRT)12:00 p.m. (Sept. 23)
London (BST)4:00 p.m. (Sept. 23)
Paris (CEST)5:00 p.m. (Sept. 23)
Cape Town (SAST)5:00 p.m. (Sept. 23)
Moscow (MSK)6:00 p.m. (Sept. 23)
Singapore (SGT)11:00 p.m. (Sept. 23)
Tokyo (JST)12:00 a.m. (Sept. 24)
Canberra (AEST)1:00 a.m. (Sept. 24)
Wellington (NZST)3:00 a.m. (Sept. 24)

Any word on how this performs on Switch yet? I am a new parent and I need something I can play in short bursts.

Developers said it runs like butter. However we still dont have any footage. I played the beta on my PS4 but im planing to get it for the switch unless the game looks bad on abig TV but i just cant imagine why this would hog resources even on the switch so hopefully its good. This article came out yesterday:

Portman

Awesome OT (except for the fact that I can't click the gem)! Looking forward to a fun week of nostalgia and then many more weeks to come. I took time off for Diablo 3 based on playing so much of 2 and originally thought about it for this one but figured with the end of the week release I can survive plus work picked up.

I'll be working my way through solo with a Sorc to see if I can finally finish all of the difficulties although I'll probably have to take folks up on the offer of tips and strategies since anything beyond normal is foggy in my mind. I'm down to playing on the PC with anyone too just hit me up and however a Diablo 2 style sessions with GAF can get setup.

Time to clear off the calendar for a while with plenty of classes to try out too. Had to stop playing the beta so I can only imagine how addicting this will be...

Developers said it runs like butter. However we still dont have any footage. I played the beta on my PS4 but im planing to get it for the switch unless the game looks bad on abig TV but i just cant imagine why this would hog resources even on the switch so hopefully its good. This article came out yesterday:

Awesome.

One thing I did find, the main difference will be max 4 players in multiplayer instead of 8. Not sure how much of a loss that is but this won’t really matter to me.

Ulysses 31

wait an OT ?
does it mean its out?

Cat Party GIF
You gonna spend lots and lots of hours playing D2 on your OLED? :p

WitchHunter

Banned
40 bucks and the gameplay is the same? I won't be able to do another run thru desert. That place is so dead boring and repetitive :O.

At least Matt Uelmen's music is a timeless classic.

Last edited:

killatopak

yeah probably gonna go cold sorc for mf. Maybe even build an mf barb for pindle.

I always have a soft spot for zeal paladin though since it was my first ever character.

If you wanna get bored out of your mind then just play a summon necro.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hype is getting unbearable

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I was trying to make the fucking insight runeword

RalTirTalSol in a 4 gemslot polearm..
was farming countess and act 2 NM for polearm. Didnt work..
Seems like it’s online only..

What kind of fucking bullshit is that? XD

ladder my ASS 🤬
thankfully i made a backup of my save 🖕

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
So what's the deal here. I tested all the classes in the beta and think I'm gonna main the Amazon or Druid first. I take it the loop is just the same - don't really worry about runewords or anything until I'm through the campaign? Just keep swapping out gear and using traditional gems until the high end stats stuff drops, then start using runewords, uniques or sets?

DavidGzz

So, I hope it's simple transferring saves because I just did a fresh install of Diablo 2 cause I'm bored and want to get my sorceress started in single player.

So what's the deal here. I tested all the classes in the beta and think I'm gonna main the Amazon or Druid first. I take it the loop is just the same - don't really worry about runewords or anything until I'm through the campaign? Just keep swapping out gear and using traditional gems until the high end stats stuff drops, then start using runewords, uniques or sets?

I say, get Tal Eth at least at first to make Stealth. One of the best Runewords in the game to make the game easier as you level.

Plenty of great low rune words exists you should use

Kacho

Definitely do not ignore runewords. There are a few early game runewords that will help you progress by giving you high resistances. Which runewords you should aim for really depends on the class and build though. Keep in mind that ladder runewords are now available in single player so that changes the game drastically.

sircaw

Banned
Certain classes have a much easier time with not only leveling but gearing up for magic find.

Just a word of caution, if you plan on leveling an amazon with physical damage, it absolutely sucks. The class needs exceptional gear if you are planning on using skills like strafe and multishot to really shine.

If you going to go the bow route, gem up a bow with chipped gems at the start.
Do the same for your act 1 merc, the one with the bow.

Saying that, i would level it through Poison javelin then lightning fury. A fully specced out Lightning fury javelin is a thing of beauty at end game but really shines when you get infinity, which is an extremely hard runeword to make, very rare runes.

The best classes in terms of playing through the game, you could even say they are extremely overpowered, are holy pala, (blessed hammers) they can clear the game basically naked, blizzard/fireball sorc, Trapper,

I played a summon necro all the way through hell one ladder reset wearing nothing but rags, the summons are incredibly strong, the only issue is, its clearing speed, with out something like enigma, which is an expensive runeword, it allows you to teleport, the class is extremely slow in its clearing speed as your minions tend to wander off.

If I was to advise people on which classes to avoid at the start of a ladder it would be these.

Summon druid, falls of badly later in the game
Bow ama, physical damage is absouslty shit
Barbs need good gear to shine

If you plan in leveling as a druid i would go the fire tree, massive damage early on, but the best thing is you don't have to chug mana pots every 5 secs like some of the other classes. Wind druid is where you will probably want to spec as an end game build as this allows you basically to clear everything in the game as you have both physical, cold and a couple of summons, grizzly bear is a fantastic meat shield.

i will be leveling with a trapassian, its one of the strongest classes, damage is insane, insane utility, very very safe to play.

If you are a new player i would recommend the sorc/blizzard sorc as your first character, not only do you have massive damage skills but you have teleport. Teleport is probably the most important skill in the game, you are able to get to bosses faster (great for magic find), and also get out of sticky situations or annoying areas where you might have to go the long way around. The sorc also does not need great gear to be effective, at least this is true with the blizzard sorc. (Lightning sorc is a whole different subject.)

There is to much to discuss in terms of builds and guides.

hope some of this helps.

Last edited:

killatopak

So what's the deal here. I tested all the classes in the beta and think I'm gonna main the Amazon or Druid first. I take it the loop is just the same - don't really worry about runewords or anything until I'm through the campaign? Just keep swapping out gear and using traditional gems until the high end stats stuff drops, then start using runewords, uniques or sets
you can easily use runeword you farm for 30 mins to one hour on the tower in act 1 for the whole normal mode campaign. At nightmare mode, especially if you’re melee, you have to farm a cannot be frozen runeword or item to make things easier. Especially necessary for hell mode.

Last edited:

ssringo

Was planning to go cold sorc for first character but then I heard they fixed MF for trapsin. Now I'm torn.

Spukc

Is it out yet?

FUCK

I used plugy to craft my ladder only insight item,. Then i uninstalled it. Now i still have it on my follower :3

Spukc

level 41 frenzy barb.. i should really respect into shout barb.. Because i am starting to slow down now :(

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
level 41 frenzy barb.. i should really respect into shout barb.. Because i am starting to slow down now :(
It's just a little bit of a hazzle to respec. Need to farm the bosses and something else

J3nga

Okay thanks.
I guess Russia.

Do i only need VPN for purchase.? Or playing, too?

Not very familiar with battle.net drm.
Can you link me to some source? Would be nice.

Or do keys from thrid party sites exist?
Yep, Russia, you need it only when making a purchase. Do not have any source, just connect to russia via VPN and make a purchase like you would do it without VPN, pretty straightforward process if you ask me.

Last edited:
Yep, Russia, you need it only when making a purchase. Do not have any source, just connect to russia via VPN and make a purchase like you would do it without VPN, pretty straightforward process if you ask me.
Read about it. Only issue is I need to make a new Blizzard account.

Need to think about it.
CD keys has a European Key for 32€

How much is the Russian version in €?

Kacho

Seems weird that the Switch version is on target for Thursday and we have yet to see a single second of gameplay. lol

Hoping it turns out ok. I'd like to have Diablo 2 on the Switch so I can grind while I watch football. Being able to transfer progress across platforms is such a killer feature.

Last edited:

Spukc

It's just a little bit of a hazzle to respec. Need to farm the bosses and something else
i got all the runes 8 of em for dual spirit swords for shout barb :)
problem is i don't have any 4 slotted single hand swords XD

i keep grinding act two in nightmare but no luck so far highest i have seen is 2 slots.

Starting to understand more and more why D2 might be better then D3 is some ways

Last edited:

killatopak

i got all the runes 8 of em for dual spirit swords for shout barb :)
problem is i don't have any 4 slotted single hand swords XD

i keep grinding act two in nightmare but no luck so far highest i have seen is 2 slots.

Starting to understand more and more why D2 might be better then D3 is some ways
have you tried farming the cow level?

Top Bottom