• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Doing my first ever sorc run. Looking to get leaf or whatever. Little lost hahah. Should I dump it all into fire or cold stuff.

Also it's hard to find time where everyone can play together same time. Does difference in level ruin the experience or what.

Last edited:
This Duriel fight....
He mudstomps my summons in like 15 seconds, I can barely scratch him. Was pleasantly cruising along, this is a brick wall level difficulty spike.
Anyway to cheese this asshole?

This Duriel fight....
He mudstomps my summons in like 15 seconds, I can barely scratch him. Was pleasantly cruising along, this is a brick wall level difficulty spike.
Thaw potions stack, drink a lot

act 2 merc has auras that will effect all your skeletons

cast Iron Maiden on him as soon as you go down. His own damage will kill him

you can tp down, wait until your army dies, tp out, get new army, tp down, repeat

just waypoint to act 1 quickly to keep building up a quick army

with Iron Maiden it should be fast

drotahorror

I never played D2 when it came out except for just a little so this is basically a brand new experience to me.

I'm playing solo and I just got to ACT 2 - Hell.

I'm bored honestly.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I never played D2 when it came out except for just a little so this is basically a brand new experience to me.

I'm playing solo and I just got to ACT 2 - Hell.

I'm bored honestly.
The game just came out a few days ago and youre already on Hell Act 2? How long have you played the game already? 20 or 30 hours?

Lanrutcon

This Duriel fight....

Necro?

Basic Necro tech: your clay golem applies a slowing debuff when it hits enemies, this stacks with Decrepify (the curse you are suppose to have by Duriel). Between the two, Duriel should only attack once every 2 or 3 seconds. Resummon your clay golem if Duriel kills him. Reapply Decrepify every 3 seconds. Have a cup of tea and get used to the tactic, as it works on every boss from here on out.

Inviusx

This Duriel fight....

I just did Duriel on my Necro. Set your summons against him, open a port. Port when they die, go resummon them in the overworld and port back in. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
I just did Duriel on my Necro. Set your summons against him, open a port. Port when they die, go resummon them in the overworld and port back in. Easy peasy.

I did this, it worked pretty well. I've been running all skelly summons with some corpse explosion and bone spear. I've ignored the curses and golems completely, maybe I need to respec.

Lanrutcon

I did this, it worked pretty well. I've been running all skelly summons with some corpse explosion and bone spear. I've ignored the curses and golems completely, maybe I need to respec.

Get Decrepify.

Porting out and in won't work in certain encounters. Also: don't spend points on Bone Spear. Max Raise, Mastery and Explosion. Get 1 point in Resistance, Dim, Amp and Decrepify. After that, do whatever. Bonemancers are a completely different build: unless you focus on Bone Magic your spear will never be strong enough to do anything later on, so you either build to summon or to spear. Not both.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I would really love an ingame display of max potential item stat rolls in this game..

i played project diablo 2 and it showed that..
That shit does bad things to my d2 addiction 🤣🤌

Last edited:

drotahorror

Have you used the /players # code to up the difficulty?

It's not the difficulty, it's plenty intense for me. I think I'm just tired of the loop or sorceress . I never play casters in ARPG's, I only rolled this because my buddy wanted me to.

Now I'm having a hard time figuring out if I want to play a different class or just not play the game for a while.

I usually enjoy mobile, melee oriented classes.

It's not the difficulty, it's plenty intense for me. I think I'm just tired of the loop or sorceress . I never play casters in ARPG's, I only rolled this because my buddy wanted me to.

Now I'm having a hard time figuring out if I want to play a different class or just not play the game for a while.

You can try Melee Enchantress for the challenge. Not optimal but works.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Ah, I was never a big fan of the sorceress or wizard in Diablo 2/3 either. Maybe you would enjoy the Paladin? That's pretty high on my list after the Necromancer. Or just go straight with the melee machine that is the Barbarian. It looks pretty fun at higher levels, thrashing everything around like they're dolls.

Last edited:

ssringo

Found Tal Rasha's amulet. On my Act 3 normal Assassin. Didn't realize something 40 levels over your character (or the zone) could even drop...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i hope ya'll fuckers are all still playign this game

for eternity

Finished for normal run, however a friend on ps4 was not able to as it crashes everytime he enterted any of the last 4-5 regions, and the baal fight. Full blue screen send a report crashes. Anyone else experience issues like that?

Damn this game has it's hooks in me. Playing with the old crew, the LAN parties with 20lb dell computers, man it takes me back to then.

The game does seem to hitch when running around. My frames are always high too. Maybe it's network lag.

I found a set sword a few hours back that has very fast attack speed + 20% faster attack speed affix on top of it. Since I'm playing in werebear form it affects how quickly my bear attacks, this weapon has it's swinging it's claws like it's on cocaine AND has rabies. Even changing to a weapon with fast attack speed feels sluggish (and a lot less fun) in comparison, this sword will be hard to replace...

Schnozberry

Had some weird lag today on Xbox just playing by myself.

Suddenly my attacks wouldn't be landing and then I'd teleport some bizarre distance away from the enemies I was just smashing.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Somehow I beat normal today on frenzy barb. Was not easy at various points but Baal was quite simple. The waves of dudes he summons in the room prior were more difficult IMO.

In nightmare when I get my one respec, hit level 40, do I then want to transition into whirlwind barb ?

Does anyone have a guide on par to fextralife guides for whirlwind barb and bow amazon ? His guides are so well done to tell you at which level to get what skills and how to allot your stats. Plus he gives you an idea of what runewords to use on what equip to get decked out, and how to play it at various levels.

DavidGzz

Playing my necro now. Standing next to the rogue encampment bonfire and decided I wanted to get a screenshot with my three skellys, but the mofos won't stand still. They're like methheads.

ssringo

Does anyone have a guide on par to fextralife guides for whirlwind barb and bow amazon ? His guides are so well done to tell you at which level to get what skills and how to allot your stats. Plus he gives you an idea of what runewords to use on what equip to get decked out, and how to play it at various levels.

Has shorter guides that he uploaded recently and if you go further back he has guided playthroughs for quite a few builds so you can see how to play the build as well through the 3 difficulties.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i just teled people in baal games for 78 damn games

i saw them from from lvl 60 to 80 while I got from 85-87

lol

Phew, Diablo down, toughest challenge by far and the only boss to kill me. If it weren't for the fact that you can town portal out to constantly replenish potions and revive your merc this fight would be frustrating af. Got 2 unique drops ftw. On to Act 5!

Malakhov

Banned
I found myself a nice 4 socket crystal sword so now I'm hunting for the spirit runes

Need thul, ort, amn and Lum for a shield. Also a 2 socket shield

Have nef, tir, ith, sol, Hel and Io to trade if anyone wants to

Once I get the spirit sword I'll switch to blizzard, I'm lvl 44 in nightmare I think it's time for a change :)

I also have a few sets items but nothing incredible

Last edited:

Yoshichan

lvl 88
it's a drag now but time to change up the pace and start mfing again

ending my 22h session for today

Last edited:

Macattk15

Found Tal Rasha's amulet. On my Act 3 normal Assassin. Didn't realize something 40 levels over your character (or the zone) could even drop...

Tal Rasha's set item level is really low .... something like 26 or something. Makes no sense for it's power and required level, but it's still quite rare.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Decided to skip act 3 hell for the moment, farming pits, getting a few decent drops at level 79.

Merc still dying a lot even with all the assassin's kit he can go down before i pot. i really need a lem rune for him.

found an arreats,face, ik maul and boots which is so sexy, pity i don't play barb also founds trangs belt, pretty damn nice item.

Last edited:

TheContact

Ended up making a summoner necro. Lvl 65ish or so atm. Every game is just filled with sorc of course, so it’s good to be somewhat unique. I’m debating switching over to a caster necro though.

DragonNCM

This Duriel fight....
If you doing it as necro be sure to put amp damage & iron maiden curses all the time on him.He will kill himselfe.Also invest point in clay golem.

drotahorror

Ok. Sounds good. If you played less hours I was thinking you had a strategy of jumping ahead fast.

I wish...

I did start a barb though and friends rushed me through act 1-5 ( have to stop at Ancients because you have to be 25? to complete quest). Now I'm supposed to grind trist up to 15, tal rashas tombs 15-24.
Ah, I was never a big fan of the sorceress or wizard in Diablo 2/3 either. Maybe you would enjoy the Paladin? That's pretty high on my list after the Necromancer. Or just go straight with the melee machine that is the Barbarian. It looks pretty fun at higher levels, thrashing everything around like they're dolls.

Tryin to level a frenzy barb now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Same here with a sorc, instead of teleporting I waste time killing everything and exploring
I do the same. I explore probably 90-100% of levels. The one exception I skip is in Act 1 there were some optional caves to explore. I skipped 1-2 of them.

But exploring and killing should be good as it levels up your character. Skipping ahead fast should be bad.... unless the game has enemy scaling where if you're weak the game purposely makes you face weak enemies to go with your level? I dont know.

sircaw

Banned
Is anyone playing this one console? How does it play?
playing on ps4 pro, the controller is excellent, there are so annoying things like using the cube, its is kinda slow and irritating compared to the mouse but its minor, killing mobs, movement pretty good imo

Love the auto-targeting for the controller, great for skills like charge on the pala esp, i imagine it will be very good for skills like blizzard too.

Annoying things, not sure or rather i can not find the option but there is no option to fill all your belt slots or portals in 1 click.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Annoying things, not sure or rather i can not find the option but there is no option to fill all your belt slots or portals in 1 click.
Put one potion in each position of the lower row and than press R3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom