• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I don't know why but I missed D2 when it came out originally, but then when I went to install battle.net I remembered I didn't finish D3 or sc2 either so I've been playing those before I buy :/

cormack12

Gold Member
Okay, so I was reading about the Stealth and Leaf runes for my Sorceress. I farmed the Countess a few times and I got the Tax and Eth runes that I need for Stealth. I don't have any armor with sockets in it, though. I just started Act 3, and I haven't found a whole lot of socketed gear lying around at all. What should I do next?
Carry on, the decent gear with sockets will drop on the next difficulty. I'm almost done with normal and had probably four things with a socket that have been relevant to this character. And they will get replaced as well.

crozier

I have a laptop with a pretty crappy graphics card. Could I theoretically play it with old school graphics at a high frame rate? I also own it on PS5, but my brother is on PC so I’d double dip.

Runs both versions simultaneously.

Last edited:
I only played the original without the expansion more than 10 years ago.

Everything is basically completely new to me. Runes are addictive as Hell to farm, combine and create adequate runewords.

Yep similar story. I moved countries not long after the expac came out, so only raced through it a few times.

killatopak

Gold Member
Okay, so I was reading about the Stealth and Leaf runes for my Sorceress. I farmed the Countess a few times and I got the Tax and Eth runes that I need for Stealth. I don't have any armor with sockets in it, though. I just started Act 3, and I haven't found a whole lot of socketed gear lying around at all. What should I do next?
just look for it on the shops in act one or two. to refresh the shop, you simply need to leave the town and come back.

Vagswarm

I don't know why but I missed D2 when it came out originally, but then when I went to install battle.net I remembered I didn't finish D3 or sc2 either so I've been playing those before I buy :/
Starcraft II is phenomenal. All singleplayer campaigns including the Nova ones. Really had a great time playing it, and didn't pick it up until this past winter during a sale.

PanzerAzel

Fara sells 2 socketed armor in Lut Gholein.

bigedole

Just keep checking Charsi over and over, she will eventually stock 2 socketed studded leather which is the ideal armor piece for a sorc to use for this purpose. You can refresh her inventory by leaving the main camp and re-entering.

DavidGzz

Interesting glitch. I have a necro wand equipped on my hammers build, I went to repair items, it was going to cost me 47k to do so. I dropped the wand that is 15/15 durability and I was able to repair all for 1300. I picked the wand back up and the price to repair was still 47k. Glad I always stash my gold or else I'd be out a lot of gold. 47k is still a lot to me lol.

Last edited:

Warablo

Just found my first Nightwing (that I can remember) ever. 15% cold dmg perfect roll too. Found it in the Pits.

Last edited:

bigedole

Interesting glitch. I have a necro wand equipped on my hammers build, I went to repair items, it was going to cost me 47k to do so. I dropped the wand that is 15/15 durability and I was able to repair all for 1300. I picked the wand back up and the price to repair was still 47k. Glad I always stash my gold or else I'd be out a lot of gold. 47k is still a lot to me lol.
Does the wand have charges? Sounds like it probably does and isn't a glitch.

DavidGzz

Does the wand have charges? Sounds like it probably does and isn't a glitch.

Oh yeah, I missed that. 23/67 life tap charges. I don't even know what that spell is but either way, it's robbery lol. Unless it one shots bosses or something. I didn't notice since it has 9 bonuses. It will be nice for my necro, only using it for the 4 mana on kill with my Pally lol

managed to get to 231% MF without losing my FCR breakpoint

been running hell mephisto

decided to level up then just run it so there is no penalty if I die

already noticing a huge improvement. nothing too impressive yet but I only really started today.

already got 2 pieces of IK set. that's probably the best items I've gotten so far.

would be easier if I was a higher level but I can’t get through act 4 due to immunities

Malakhov

Banned
Got myself a spirit sword, ancients pledge shield and an insight for my merc and hit 49. I'll go blizzard with that I think

DavidGzz

This games needs a force move like D3 has. It was much easier to hug enemies so that my hammers would hit for sure with my controller. With a mouse, I am attacking before I get super close to them.

Edit: it's easier if the enemy is smaller. Not a huge deal, just noticed that I'd click on part of larger enemies when I was 3 steps out so I'm taking more hits then necessary.

Last edited:

bigedole

Oh yeah, I missed that. 23/67 life tap charges. I don't even know what that spell is but either way, it's robbery lol. Unless it one shots bosses or something. I didn't notice since it has 9 bonuses. It will be nice for my necro, only using it for the 4 mana on kill with my Pally lol
Wand with life tap charges is really good for a melee build. It puts a debuff on enemies in a small aoe that gives those who strike them 50% life leech. It's very very powerful if you're doing melee/physical damage. I keep it on a swap for my zeal paladin's off hand.

killatopak

Gold Member
life tap is huge for melee classes. basically life steal on steroids.

Remember that repair cost is a proportion of sell price. So the positive is that certain stats on an item dramatically improve their sell value even if it is useless.

However, anything that is ethereal or can only be used by a certain class, is heavily nerfed in sell price. They would still be expensive to BUY, but the sell price is lowered. This is why you would never bother to sell Assassin claws for gold.

Wands and staffs, despite intending to be used by Nercos and Sorcs, was never given the restriction. Which is why they sell for so much when they have one or two +skills in it. Orbs are nerfed in sell price as it is Sorc only, but the sheer number of possible skills and the relatively small carry size means you might want to sell them anyway.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Just watched a 4K gameplay video of DIV, it look substantially worse then this remake.
Just make an expansion to this and with new mechanics and stuff and we’re good Blizzard.

Malakhov

Banned
God, blizzard with a spirit sword, ancients pledge and insight on merc is easy mode so far. I've just crushed nightmare mephisto and diablo in an hour including acts

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I have some questions.

The prices for the gear and weapons for gambling have quite a huge range.
Does this mean that the higher the price the higher the base value is?
I mean independent of the fact that it might be rare or unique or just a magic one.

I'm a bit confused about two handed weapons.
It is just one weapon whereas if i would carry a weapon and a shield i could have more affixes.
Or do the two handed weapons have more affixes in general later on?

So many times the runeword Leaf has been mentioned here.
But when i look up the values and affixes of it, it seems it is not good for a lightning sorceress and better suited for a fire sorceress.
Is there something more specific for lightning?

Some weapons mention things like "(necromancer only)".
I guess this means that the specific part of the weapon can just be used by a necro but the rest has effect on all characters.

I have some questions.

1)The prices for the gear and weapons for gambling have quite a huge range.
Does this mean that the higher the price the higher the base value is?
I mean independent of the fact that it might be rare or unique or just a magic one.

2)I'm a bit confused about two handed weapons.
It is just one weapon whereas if i would carry a weapon and a shield i could have more affixes.
Or do the two handed weapons have more affixes in general later on?

3)So many times the runeword Leaf has been mentioned here.
But when i look up the values and affixes of it, it seems it is not good for a lightning sorceress and better suited for a fire sorceress.
Is there something more specific for lightning?

4)Some weapons mention things like "(necromancer only)".
I guess this means that the specific part of the weapon can just be used by a necro but the rest has effect on all characters.
1) The level of the character doing the gambling, determine the price of gambling. However, if your level is too low then certain items can't show up as options. The exception being rings and amulets, who have a fixed price.
It is possible to get better odds to get certain things by gambling at a certain character level. But I personally don't bother.
(Edge Runeworld on a 3 socket bow, when carried on the gambling character, gives you 15% discount on vendors, including gambling.)

2) In general most people agree that having a shield is better than carrying two handed weapons. Early socs might use staffs but they always end up with a shield and Orb later on. Shields are just too good. Anyone disagree?

3) Late Game? Crescent Moon runeword for armour and Heart of the Oak runeword for 4socket one hand flail. Before that you can just use any combo of +skil items. Sorc is flexible.

4) the character only in the affixes are +skills that limit to the character that already could have the skill. However some expensive runewords give you skills that are not character specific. The most famous is Enigma, the armour that gave everyone Teleport.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

1) The level of the character doing the gambling, determine the price of gambling. However, if your level is too low then certain items can't show up as options. The exception being rings and amulets, who have a fixed price.
It is possible to get better odds to get certain things by gambling at a certain character level. But I personally don't bother.
(Edge Runeworld on a 3 socket bow, when carried on the gambling character, gives you 15% discount on vendors, including gambling.)
When i look at the gamble shop i can buy, for example, a belt for 6000 or a bow for 60000.
Does this mean that the bow will have a higher base level than the belt?
Where does the price difference come from? It can't be the rarity since that is part of the gamble.

killatopak

Gold Member
2) In general most people agree that having a shield is better than carrying two handed weapons. Early socs might use staffs but they always end up with a shield and Orb later on. Shields are just too good. Anyone disagree?
It's always nice to flex on people with Mang Song's even if not optimal.😂

When i look at the gamble shop i can buy, for example, a belt for 6000 or a bow for 60000.
Does this mean that the bow will have a higher base level than the belt?
Where does the price difference come from? It can't be the rarity since that is part of the gamble.
The gambling price is roughly proportional between items to what they would be worth as White non-magical goods. Basically it barely matters. The main thing is what level your gambling character is at.

Paying more doesn't mean you get something better. That's why it is gambling.

Tried out a controller on the PC version yesterday and WOW it feels so much better. I'm getting old so all the left clicking and holding left click has had a toll on my finger these past few days lol. The only downside to controller so far is placement of traps, because w a mouse I can accurately place them where I want. With a controller it just kinda places the traps right under the enemy I'm targeting

Con-Z-epT

Shared stash in single player is still corrupted with items disappearing when i leave the game.

So this has nothing to do with the servers? With all maintenance this needs a real patch instead?

Last edited:
I guess this will serve me well for a lightning Sorc build. Got it in Act 3 Normal, still deciding what direction I want to go with my Sorc once I get around to her, still 100% focused on my Druid and loving it.

KdhYc46.jpg

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

I guess this will serve me well for a lightning Sorc build. Go it in Act 3 Normal, still deciding what direction I want to go with my Sorc once I get around to her, still 100% focused on my Druid and loving it.

KdhYc46.jpg
jealous bbc one GIF by BBC

I'm nearly through on normal and haven't even found something half as good.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Tried out a controller on the PC version yesterday and WOW it feels so much better. I'm getting old so all the left clicking and holding left click has had a toll on my finger these past few days lol. The only downside to controller so far is placement of traps, because w a mouse I can accurately place them where I want. With a controller it just kinda places the traps right under the enemy I'm targeting
Ill try it today, I use way less mana potions with my blizzard build, though not sure I'll like the auto targeting for blizzard

I didn't play for two days but i remember i left the game without chosing Save and Exit. Now im back to lvl 1 character, all progress is gone 🤯. I thought this game autosaves every time the red pentagram pops up?

Ulysses 31

Forgot how demoralizing it can be not being able to progress much because of gear.

Then a good weapon drops and you feel like a bad ass monsterslayer again. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Top Bottom