• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

killatopak

Gold Member
I was going to go Necro but noticed the comment about it being laggy on the original game, and I was planning to play it mostly on the Switch - I wonder how bad the lag/framerate will be. Any idea on review embargo on this
The lag has minimal issues on solo play/LAN. It’s more apparent on online play because the archaic servers can’t handle it.

It’s not an issue now.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
less than 24 hours and cant decide what Ill play

I spent most of my time in d2 with a zeal paladin, i am thinking hammerdin or something completely new

I tried the sorc in the beta but got my ass handed to me by duriel lol
Key to duriel is chugging a bunch of thawing potions. Same thing for andariel with antidotes. They both increase cold res and poison res for each potion used for 30 seconds and they stack.

Warablo

Rolling Sorc when playing solo, probably will roll something else like Assassin or Necromancer if a friend picks it up.

I'm still not entirely sure I'm rolling either. I'm 90% sure I'm going blizz sorc but I'm worried blizzard will be hard to target with the controller. I should have tested it in the beta but I went fire sorc.

Still most likely going pure fireball until I hit a point in NM when I feel like I need to respec, then respec into blizzard. Probably somewhere around level 30ish.
I'm still running Meteorb or Blizzball. Allows you to run fire at start and use the Leaf runeword then start working on cold tree at level 30 without respecs. Might respec near end game if I feel I am lacking damage running a hybrid. Even then, might still have some points into firewall instead of pure cold sorc.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Key to duriel is chugging a bunch of thawing potions. Same thing for andariel with antidotes. They both increase cold res and poison res for each potion used for 30 seconds and they stack.
I'll try sorceress again I guess

Blizz sorc is best build to start?

Cold sorc is probably the worst sorc build to start but one of the best to respec into it.

meteorb (frozen orb + meteor) and blizzard are considered the two best fresh start mf sorc builds. You’ll likely want to respec into blizzard as starting with cold is slow. If you go meteorb you can probably avoid having to respec since you’ll be starting with fire. I don’t have much experience with meteorb so someone else might have better feedback

I'm still running Meteorb or Blizzball. Allows you to run fire at start and use the Leaf runeword then start working on cold tree at level 30 without respecs. Might respec near end game if I feel I am lacking damage running a hybrid. Even then, might still have some points into firewall instead of pure cold sorc.

I've considered going meteorb but will probably still to blizz as I've done an ungodly amount of research on blizz build over the past week or so

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member

The best way to start is actually fireball/firebolt then going static field and frost nova. Taking a single point of tele and frozen armor on the way.

Respec to the blizzard tree once you feel comfortable.Keep tele and static as well.

Static field is the best spell in the game but falls of every succeeding difficulty level since it scales on it. It deals flat 50% current health damage every cast on an aoe so it’s a boss killer on normal. It deals less on higher difficulty and even stops working once enemies goes down to 50% hp.

Frost nova for aoe and utility for slowing. Frozen armor for armor obviously but you don’t need much point in it. Fireball/bolt for single target damage.

edit: my bad. sf deals 25% not 50% but it’s still huge and has very fast cast time.

edit2: forgot to mention but you can get a few points to charge bolt as well before you have access to frost nova for early game aoe. It’s a lot more efficient than throwing fireballs or firebolts on a bunch of enemies.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
FUKICNGS SOON

CAN YOU FEEL IT

CAN YOU FEEL THE HEAT

Drunk Falling GIF

SCB3

I’m still on the fence on whether to play 2 or stick with 3, I started with 3 and did enjoy what I played, I didn’t really touch the seasons aside from the Switch version

You can go cold sorc. Get Frost Nova and spend the rest of your points mostly in Ice Blast (imo) until you can get Blizzard and Cold Mastery.
yes, you can start cold. I started as cold during the beta and I just found it slow. then again, I was playing solo. if you plan on playing with other people it wont matter much. even if you're going solo, it is still viable as you're playing normal.

reason I like starting with fire is due to leaf. for those newer to the game, leaf is an early game runeword that is easy to make. it is an absolute monster for fire sorcs, especially early in the game:

leaf%2Bwar%2Bstaff.jpg

you can shop for a white staff that has +2/3 to fireball already on it, making it even more awesome

McCheese

Purchased just diablo 2 on the eshop and it's downloading both diablo 2 and diablo 3.

Guessing it won't let me actually start 3 as I don't have a licence for it, but still a fairly big oversight.

DavidGzz

Only a couple days away. Coming up real fast. Still haven't broken my no pre-ordering rule (it is tempting...)

Think I'm going to start with a melee class, maybe a Paladin. Have gotten incredibly lazy with all that moving and aiming and constant ability changing required from ranged classes. lol

Have you tried the controller gameplay? It really surprised me and using different skills isn't an issue at all.

So I bought the preorder on Switch, and then after purchase it comes up with ‘related games’ and there is a collectors edition also with D2:R and D3 combined for only $10 more. No path to upgrade, no path to refund and repurchase. This wasn’t on the main eshop page. I fucking hate Nintendo custom service. Ugh.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

So I bought the preorder on Switch, and then after purchase it comes up with ‘related games’ and there is a collectors edition also with D2:R and D3 combined for only $10 more. No path to upgrade, no path to refund and repurchase. This wasn’t on the main eshop page. I fucking hate Nintendo custom service. Ugh.
I think the 10$ is the upgrade if you also want D3. Now you just own D2.

Last edited:
Interesting quote from a recent interview.

"We wanted to build a really strong foundation before we started talking about the third and fourth floors on this building," Gallerani said. "If we misstepped on what the core game was, anything else we were doing would have been kind of meaningless. [...]We definitely have lots of ideas, but right now we're waiting to make sure that we get the core game right. [...] We'll have to see once the game goes live what we do about new runewords, new items, rebalancing, things like that."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...plenty-of-ideas-for-new-content/1100-6496358/

What are the odds that we won't get a repeat of Diablo 3 launch with error 37 codes or lots of lag/disconnects? :lollipop_grinning:
So far everyone i have spoken to that played the orig and who dont even game any more have already preordered or is waiting to see how switch ver is before deciding which ver to get…sooooo thats a lot of people…ie. Odds are not good 🤣

Oh I misread, have you checked D3 store page? Maybe there's a discount for owned D2 now.
I have to deal with Nintendo.

so the thing that wasn’t clear in the Nintendo eshop- a ‘preorder’ becomes a ‘prepurchase’ within a few days of the release. So even though it is labeled a ‘preorder’ you will be charged and cannot get a refund.

Waiting til tomorrow to see if I can get the refund approved before I purchase the collection. I wouldn’t mind going through D3 again.

My D3 pc account is banned and I can’t seem to get It unbanned. My account was never hacked so I am not sure what the hell happened? Is this common?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
that's weird then.

I purchased the Prime Evil collection so both downloaded for me.

I figured D3 might be able to help me pass the time while I waited for D2R to release.

big mistake, I think I put about 10 hours into it and haven't touched it since.
D3 starts when you hit max level 1 to 70 is a tutorial

What are the odds that we won't get a repeat of Diablo 3 launch with error 37 codes or lots of lag/disconnects? :lollipop_grinning:

i think it's cute expecting servers to work on launch.
at least we have offline SP mode so EH

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Maybe since it unlocks at 10am on a weekday the servers won't be too bad lol. It won't affect me, I plan to do SP mostly cause I want to be able to pause and play completely lag free.

12 hours to go!

njean777

If I make a character offline to play with during the server fuckery (if it occurs), can I take it online later or no?

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Does anyone know if they are still measuring the difficulty and loot by the amount of players in the game? IE: The more players, the harder the mobs, but the better chances of dropping quality items.

bigedole

Decided to go with a meteorb sorc, is this build decent?

First time ill be playing a magic user in diablo, gonna be a nice change of pace
I think instead of looking at an end game build you should figure out how to play through the early/mid game because a lot of the builds/guides you see are all dependent on high levels and end game gear. Figure out what you wanna do with your first 15-30 skill points and then plan on a respec after level 30-40 when you have enough points to make a late game build start to shine.

Top Bottom