• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Schmendrick

progression and loot true?

it's time stamped:

Level 42 now and: no, absolutely untrue. The enemies scale with your level, not with your gear. A single item that makes your build come together can change things from a slog to a massacre. The power jumps are absolutely there, they just don't come from leveling... At all. Quite the contrary actually. If you're power leveling but RNGesus has forsaken you it gets harder whereas a single lucky drop can enable you to farm regions quite a bit above your level. I was farming lvl 35+ regions at level 28 due to a lucky legendary drop.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
For people who are playing, it's what skill up say about progression and loot true?

it's time stamped:

100% agreed the scaling fucking sucks..
Maybe endgame will change it..

Orange items hand you a boost but it’s not the same.. hence i rush the story..
but sadly enough it does have level caps in prgress.. so i did only mainline quests to finish campaign. And at a certain point i suddenly needed to level 7 levels to progress..
that really sucked imo

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Is is better to use combo or insight for twisting blade rogue?

Also, wtf I was wondering this since losing my basic for TB after the first tutorial point. Has my basic attack just gone forever?

Last edited:
Got my Sorc to level 23, Fire & Ice build with emphasis on fire, blizzard to slow mobs/extra damage, ice armor for obvious reasons. I did a similar build in D3 and I'm quite enjoying it here. However, why is meteor so fucking lame in D4? Has the impact of a wet fart. Meteor in D3 looked and felt so satisfying to use, all the variations rocked too, this is just lame.

Speaking of sense of impact, what's with the complete lack of force feedback? Incinerate is my only spell that uses vibration functionality, such a wasted opportunity especially with the DualSense haptics but I guess Blizzard caters first to the mouse & keyboard crowd... All devs take note, adding proper haptics to your game literally increases the immersion/enjoyment by a factor of 10, big facts.

Otherwise I'm in love all over again, there really something special about Diablo. Unlocked my enchantment slot and what a cool mechanic! Slotted in Incinerate which grants a passive of a flame serpent popping out of the ground every 18 seconds to roast my enemies for 8 secs. In reality this means it's actually spawning every *10* seconds, I timed it just to be sure, good stuff, I don't even need to be casting Incinerate, it just happens 👌

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Level 42 now and: no, absolutely untrue. The enemies scale with your level, not with your gear. A single item that makes your build come together can change things from a slog to a massacre. The power jumps are absolutely there, they just don't come from leveling... At all. Quite the contrary actually. If you're power leveling but RNGesus has forsaken you it gets harder whereas a single lucky drop can enable you to farm regions quite a bit above your level. I was farming lvl 35+ regions at level 28 due to a lucky legendary drop.

100% agreed the scaling fucking sucks..
Maybe endgame will change it..

Orange items hand you a boost but it’s not the same.. hence i rush the story..
but sadly enough it does have level caps in prgress.. so i did only mainline quests to finish campaign. And at a certain point i suddenly needed to level 7 levels to progress..
that really sucked imo
This is neogaf.gif

SCB3

So a few hours in and yea I'm loving this, the PC controls keep throwing me as I want to use WASD to move but I'm getting used to it (I played D2 and 3 on Console)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Got my Sorc to level 23, Fire & Ice build with emphasis on fire, blizzard to slow mobs/extra damage, ice armor for obvious reasons. I did a similar build in D3 and I'm quite enjoying it here. However, why is meteor so fucking lame in D4? Has the impact of a wet fart. Meteor in D3 looked and felt so satisfying to use, all the variations rocked too, this is just lame.

Skills in general are less flashy and more grounded in d4.

Meteor immobilizes and burns however and that enables a bunch of passives. I've heard of people using inferno to group up mobs then pound them with meteor and that yields good results.

Skills in general are less flashy and more grounded in d4.

Meteor immobilizes and burns however and that enables a bunch of passives. I've heard of people using inferno to group up mobs then pound them with meteor and that yields good results.
I have no doubt about it's effectiveness, purely looking at it from a visual/game feel perspective 👍

TheMan

I wasn’t sold with the betas but something about having the full game….

It’s good. Very good. Don’t regret paying for deluxe to play early although I thought I was off this weekend and I found out last night Im not. So I’ll have a lot less time to play than what I expected lol

Bartski

Gold Member
About to hit level 40 on my barbarian, taking my sweet time so still act 3, and still no mount. Basically, my build from the beta cranked up to 11, zero issues on veteran all they way.

When will I be able to salvage legendaries? I can't imprint aspects I get in dungeons anymore as now it requires an additional resource from legendary salvage.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Did you bother with sockets or upgrades while levelling in campaign? Doesn't seem worth it tbh
Don't bother wasting mats on socketing things. It's cheaper to find stuff that's already socketed. Low level gems aren't that impactful anyway.
Don't upgrade until you're in the high 40s or if you're swimming in gold and cheap mats. Upgrade 3 times max. 4th one isn't worth it because you're probably gonna find something better.

SCB3

I wasn’t sold with the betas but something about having the full game….

It’s good. Very good. Don’t regret paying for deluxe to play early although I thought I was off this weekend and I found out last night Im not. So I’ll have a lot less time to play than what I expected lol
I wrote it off as paying for the first season pass, makes sense that way

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
act 2 boss is intimidating as fuck

the whole way you reach it, the cutscenes... felt demonic like diablo hasn't felt in a long while

images

j0hnnix

Sorc and Rogue nerfed??? Already. I have to be reading an old article. Stupid google news.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
So I took an affix off a legendary and now its in my inventory. Is that always applied now?

And does it also apply the affixes on items or do I need to store the affix? It seems they are basically like charms etc

Romulus

Looking at the enemy designs, I think a demon playable character would be fun. A higher ranking demon in hells army that turned against them somehow.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Anyone at end game? I want to know if it's meaty or if I'll pick this up at a later date. I'm comparing it to poe, but it doesn't need to best it, just have some meat to it (being a new gane and all, I'm.not expecting it to rival 10 years of content).

Ogbert

It’s very well done and will make Blizzard billions.

I must say, it is incredibly conservative. There’s very little that is immediately original, but what is there has been polished to perfection.

Not sure if I have the stomach for another round of Diablo, but we’ll see.

Been unlucky with drops so far. Would like to get something to build a sorc around.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Just finished the campaign now.

level 51, spent a lot of extra time getting most of the regions up to renown tier 3.

First time I think Diablos story was genuinely good in game instead of just in the extended lore.

amigastar

It’s very well done and will make Blizzard billions.

I must say, it is incredibly conservative. There’s very little that is immediately original, but what is there has been polished to perfection.

Not sure if I have the stomach for another round of Diablo, but we’ll see.

Been unlucky with drops so far. Would like to get something to build a sorc around.
Same, lvl 23 and no legendaries so far.
Edit: just got my first legendary on lvl 23, yay.

Last edited:
Experiencing some serious server lag for the past hour, closed the game and started again, no change, wonder what's going to happen when the game is officially live on Tuesday.

Looking at the map I estimate I've only covered 5% of it with new side quests constantly opening up in areas I thought I was done with. As always I'm doing every single quest, exploring every nook and cranny of the map, lots of permanent buffs to find with Lilith totems while the dungeons grant powerful, unique aspects.

Beyond that the voice work is fantastic and I find myself talking to every NPC. Some side quests are multi-tiered and you'll become more familiar with some of these characters, it's good stuff. I never understood people rushing headlong missing out on at least half the game and beautiful world Blizzard has created, at least for the first playthrough let it breathe, this isn't a race and the game isn't going anywhere lol.

Last edited:

Antwix

So I took an affix off a legendary and now its in my inventory. Is that always applied now?

And does it also apply the affixes on items or do I need to store the affix? It seems they are basically like charms etc
You extracted the affix? It's not like charms.

You use the extracted affix/aspect to imprint it on a different piece of gear (a yellow rare item). Keep in mind that this is only a one time process, you can't re-extract the same affix. You can however re-apply the codex of power aspects you get from dungeons.

You extracted the affix? It's not like charms.

You use the extracted affix/aspect to imprint it on a different piece of gear (a yellow rare item). Keep in mind that this is only a one time process, you can't re-extract the same affix. You can however re-apply the codex of power aspects you get from dungeons.
Yeah and for a pulverize druid, lots of great affixes found in dungeons makes a great build. Especially the one that makes pulverize an earth skill. Pretty damn nice

Last edited:

Antwix

Yeah and for a pulverize druid, lots of great affixes found in dungeons makes a great build. Especially the one that makes pulverize an earth skill. Pretty damn nice
Yeah many builds seem to be able to just use the codex powers to get their build operational which is cool. It definitely beats grinding for those one or two legendary powers that really make a build so you can try out different stuff.

Got my first legendary, a helmet of all things. Removed the legendary affix at the jeweler and slotted it into an amulet which I increased the buff by 50%! For those who aren't aware: once you've extracted a legendary affix and slotted it into something new it can't be removed again, one time deal so choose wisely.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The games art does make me nurse a semi. The entire over world is just *chefs kiss*

World boss on the way in 25 minutes, directly north of corbach scosglen.

Top Bottom