• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So yeah I’m lvl 64 now, taking my time with the game and really trying to figure things out without too much guidence. It’s been fun so far but holy moly does this game have a ton of stuff I dislike

Bed time now though; ggs!

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Absolutely my GOTY so far over TOTK. ARPGS are my favorite genre so it’s not a huge shock it is. Diablo 2 is in my top 5 games ever and this delivers.

My major complaint is there is a limit to side quests you can have at once. Rubbish. No reason to do this .

I’ve reached act 4, and the story isn’t unpredictable and pays some great homage to Diablo 2 lore fans. Some great surprise cameos.

As a Druid I’m having an absolute blast with my pure lightning skill build. I melt everything I fight on screen and bosses. Soooo good.

I plan for end game to find a werebear build; or perhaps a full on Summons build ? Even tempted to do the lightning/earth hybrid ping pong build. So many good ways to play this class. Blizzard nailed it.

Last edited:
Best way to grind XP and get better gear after campaign at 40? That whispering tree thing?
I did everything ass backwards. Was leveling doing optional stuff, did as many quests as possible. Collected ALL Lilith Shrines in Fractured Peaks and Scogslen first. Then did half of Harwezar. Hit level 49 and then started doing Act 1, but I an OP now, I have all my talent points from the levels, + all the extra talent points from each zone renown and ton of extra potions.

I am doing Hardcore, so I am playing it super safe by making myself OP first and then diving into campaign. Also, the legendary drops from campaign are better now cause they drop near my level. The paragon board is really helping with extra stats too. I love the systems in this game!

But yeah the tree of whispers is a good way to farm loot post game. But what you really need to do is unlock World Tier 3 cause you start getting Sacred Legenderies which is the real deal and power spike.

You unlock the third tier by going to World Tier 2 and going into Cathedral of Light, there is a dungeon there that is only.exclusive to this tier. If you beat it, World Tier 3 unlocks.

Last edited:
Chat in the clan chat! :messenger_grinning_smiling:
didnt even know there was a voice chat lol
I did everything ass backwards. Was leveling doing optional stuff, did as many quests as possible. Collected ALL Lilith Shrines in Fractured Peaks and Scogslen first. Then did half of Harwezar. Hit level 49 and then started doing Act 1, but I an OP now, I have all my talent points from the levels, + all the extra talent points from each zone renown and ton of extra potions.

I am doing Hardcore, so I am playing it super safe by making myself OP first and then diving into campaign. Also, the legendary drops from campaign are better now cause they drop near my level. The paragon board is really helping with extra stats too. I love the systems in this game!

But yeah the tree of whispers is a good way to farm loot post game. But what you really need to do is unlock World Tier 3 cause you start getting Sacred Legenderies which is the real deal and power spike.

You unlock the third tier by going to World Tier 2 and going into Cathedral of Light, there is a dungeon there that is only.exclusive to this tier. If you beat it, World Tier 3 unlocks.
Yeah I grinded until 42 tonight, im gonna try and hit 45 before unlocking t3. I still need to get some druid legendaries from dungeons for items and mats for them

Last edited:

ssringo

Andariel looked awesome and had some cool looking attacks. I hope that wasn't it for her as it was rather easy.

Edit: Not an early boss. Either Act 4 was real short or I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought...

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Batman. Wow...I literally just blew...

giphy.gif

geary

Anyone knows whos was the model gor Lilith. They did a great job with here, character wise and model wise.

Elder Legend Elder Legend How did you die in the review copy? Is that why you're taking it slow this time?
I died at level 53 in the review server and i died bevause of my own mistake and risk taking. And no, I am taking it slow because I want to enjoy the game and play at my own pace while also being safe. I bum rushed the campaign in the review server because I had too for review purposes. I still played safe there as well, just didn't do much of optional content. And I am using exact same build too.

Now the game is out and I know things, I am playing it how I would play it as I originally intended.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Balance patch incoming

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Goddammit I had this in my endgame plan because it looked so busted on paper. This is one of the reasons why I didn't like hardcore streamers and build guide writers getting early access 😂

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Gah, my build is nerfed :messenger_loudly_crying:

Hello wanderer!

We’ve made some balance adjustments to Classes and want to provide our reasoning behind them. Overall, we're quite happy with the performance of our Classes, but we know there is always room for improvement. Our goal behind these changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board. Our updates fall into 3 categories:

1. While we want players to both feel and be truly powerful, some Class builds and synergies are outside of our bounds for what is reasonable for the health of the game, so we are reducing their effectiveness. As an example, we generally want to avoid creating situations where players can survive unreasonably high amounts of damage for long periods of time because it too greatly warps our vision for how combat should be in Diablo IV.
  2. Some skills and builds are not as effective as we would like, so we're pushing out some buffs to increase their strength.
  3. Paragon Glyphs are currently providing too much player power, so we're reducing their overall effectiveness.
An ideal we have carried throughout development and will uphold is that Class balance is a journey, not a destination. We want more Class builds to be fun, powerful, and competitive within reason.

Thank you all for supporting us, and we'll see you in Sanctuary!

Barbarian

Skill Changes

Challenging Shout

• Damage Reduction gained from Skill Ranks reduced from 4% to 2%
Legendary Aspect Changes

Bold Chieftain's Aspect

• Cooldown reduction per Nearby enemy reduced from 2.7-5.4 seconds to 1.0-1.9 seconds.
    Maximum Cooldown reduction from 12 to 6 seconds.
Aspect of the Dire Whirlwind

• Increased Critical Strike Chance per second reduced from 5-10% to 3-8%.
    Maximum Critical Strike Chance bonus reduced from 20-40% to 9-24%.
Druid

Skill Changes

Pulverize

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 33% to 25%.
Lightning Storm

• Damage increased from 32% to 40%.
Grizzly Rage

• Damage bonus increased from 5/10/15% to 6/12/18%.
Class Specialization

Obsidian Slam

• Kills required for bonus increased from 10 to 20.
Calm Before the Storm

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 15% to 10%.
Passive Changes

Electric Shock

Legendary Aspect Changes

Shockwave Aspect

• Damage reduced from 90-130% to 60-100%.
Crashstone Aspect

• Critical Strike Damage reduced from 40-50% to 30-40%.
Lightning Dancer's Aspect

• Flat damage increased from .5-.6 to .7-.8.

Necromancer

Skill Changes

Blood Lance

• Damage increased from 67.5% to 80%.
Army of the Dead

• Damage increased from 30% to 45%.
  • Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds.
Blood Wave

• Damage increased from 90% to 120%.
Passive Changes

Shadowblight

• Damage increased from 20% to 22%.
Grim Harvest

• Essence gained reduced from 3/6/9 to 2/4/6.
Serration

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from .5/1/1.5% to .3/.6/.9%.
Death's Defense

• Maximum Minion Life lost in a single damage instance reduced from 75/60/45% to 60/45/30%.
Class Specialization

Raise Skeleton

• Skeleton Warrior attack damage increased by 10%.
Golem

• Golem attack damage increased by 10%.
Blood Golem

• Blood Golem Life drain damage increased from 40% to 90%.
  • Blood Golem Life drain healing from enemies hit increased from 4% to 5%.
Iron Golem

• Iron Golem slam damage increased from 25% to 175%.
  • Iron Golem shockwave damage increased from 30% to 40%.
Necromancer Paragon Board Changes

Hulking Monstrosity

• Golem Life and damage bonus increased from 30% to 40% Life.
Cult Leader

• Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.

Rogue

Skill Changes

Twisting Blades

• Advanced Twisting Blades Cooldown reduction per enemy hit reduced from .25 to .1 seconds.
  • Advanced Twisting Blades maximum Cooldown reduction reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
Rapid Fire

• Damage increased from 24% to 30%.
Dark Shroud

• Damage Reduction per shadow gained from Skill Ranks reduced from .8% to .4%.
Dash

• Enhanced Dash Critical Strike Damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
Caltrops

• Damage increased from 30% to 40%.
Passive Changes

Concussive

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from 5/10/15% to 4/8/12%.
Legendary Affix Changes

Repeating

• Maximum Minion Life lost in a single damage instance reduced from 75/60/45% to 60/45/30%.

Sorcerer

Skill Changes

Arc Lash

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 30% to 14%.
  • Glinting Arc Lash Cooldown reduction reduced from .25 to .15 seconds.
Teleport

• Shimmering Teleport’s Damage Reduction duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.
Legendary Affix Changes

Aspect of Control

• Bonus damage reduced from 30-40% to 25-35%.

General

Miscellaneous Class Changes

Druid Companions and Necromancer Minions

• Maximum damage over time taken per damage instance reduced from 2% to 1% of maximum Life.
Paragon Board Changes

Rare Nodes

• Player Attack Speed nodes reduced by 50%.
Glyphs

• All Glyph Bonus scaling has been reduced by ~34%, except for the following:
  • Critical Strike Damage Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Vulnerable Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Rare nodes reduced by ~50%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Magic nodes reduced by ~40%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Cold/Fire/Lightning/Non-Physical/Physical nodes reduced by ~62.5%.

Monster Changes

• Significantly reduced the spawn rate of Treasure Goblins within PvP zones.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed the name for the Light Bearer Mount.
  • The Go to Shop button from the Wardrobe will now properly open the shop.
  • Fixed an issue where if a Sorcerer uses Deep Freeze and is affected by another effect that would freeze them, it caused them to be permanently stunned.
  • Miscellaneous stability and crash fixes.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I don't think you understand how servers work for very popular titles and how technical issues may arise especially.during peak playtime hours and weekends.

Also, $90 is for digital deluxe not the standard edition which is $69.99
I hope they use some form of distributed cloud computing with their servers. There are services with 1000 times more traffic working just fine. You can scale Server load pretty easily nowadays, its not cheap.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Gah, my build is nerfed :messenger_loudly_crying:

Hello wanderer!

We’ve made some balance adjustments to Classes and want to provide our reasoning behind them. Overall, we're quite happy with the performance of our Classes, but we know there is always room for improvement. Our goal behind these changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board. Our updates fall into 3 categories:

1. While we want players to both feel and be truly powerful, some Class builds and synergies are outside of our bounds for what is reasonable for the health of the game, so we are reducing their effectiveness. As an example, we generally want to avoid creating situations where players can survive unreasonably high amounts of damage for long periods of time because it too greatly warps our vision for how combat should be in Diablo IV.
  2. Some skills and builds are not as effective as we would like, so we're pushing out some buffs to increase their strength.
  3. Paragon Glyphs are currently providing too much player power, so we're reducing their overall effectiveness.
An ideal we have carried throughout development and will uphold is that Class balance is a journey, not a destination. We want more Class builds to be fun, powerful, and competitive within reason.

Thank you all for supporting us, and we'll see you in Sanctuary!

Barbarian

Skill Changes

Challenging Shout

• Damage Reduction gained from Skill Ranks reduced from 4% to 2%
Legendary Aspect Changes

Bold Chieftain's Aspect

• Cooldown reduction per Nearby enemy reduced from 2.7-5.4 seconds to 1.0-1.9 seconds.
    Maximum Cooldown reduction from 12 to 6 seconds.
Aspect of the Dire Whirlwind

• Increased Critical Strike Chance per second reduced from 5-10% to 3-8%.
    Maximum Critical Strike Chance bonus reduced from 20-40% to 9-24%.
Druid

Skill Changes

Pulverize

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 33% to 25%.
Lightning Storm

• Damage increased from 32% to 40%.
Grizzly Rage

Class Specialization

Obsidian Slam

• Kills required for bonus increased from 10 to 20.
Calm Before the Storm

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 15% to 10%.
Passive Changes

Electric Shock

Legendary Aspect Changes

Shockwave Aspect

• Damage reduced from 90-130% to 60-100%.
Crashstone Aspect

• Critical Strike Damage reduced from 40-50% to 30-40%.
Lightning Dancer's Aspect

• Flat damage increased from .5-.6 to .7-.8.

Necromancer

Skill Changes

Blood Lance

• Damage increased from 67.5% to 80%.
Army of the Dead

• Damage increased from 30% to 45%.
  • Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds.
Blood Wave

• Damage increased from 90% to 120%.
Passive Changes

Shadowblight

• Damage increased from 20% to 22%.
Grim Harvest

• Essence gained reduced from 3/6/9 to 2/4/6.
Serration

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from .5/1/1.5% to .3/.6/.9%.
Death's Defense

Class Specialization

Raise Skeleton

• Skeleton Warrior attack damage increased by 10%.
Golem

• Golem attack damage increased by 10%.
Blood Golem

• Blood Golem Life drain damage increased from 40% to 90%.
  • Blood Golem Life drain healing from enemies hit increased from 4% to 5%.
Iron Golem

• Iron Golem slam damage increased from 25% to 175%.
  • Iron Golem shockwave damage increased from 30% to 40%.
Necromancer Paragon Board Changes

Hulking Monstrosity

• Golem Life and damage bonus increased from 30% to 40% Life.
Cult Leader

• Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.

Rogue

Skill Changes

Twisting Blades

• Advanced Twisting Blades Cooldown reduction per enemy hit reduced from .25 to .1 seconds.
  • Advanced Twisting Blades maximum Cooldown reduction reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
Rapid Fire

• Damage increased from 24% to 30%.
Dark Shroud

• Damage Reduction per shadow gained from Skill Ranks reduced from .8% to .4%.
Dash

• Enhanced Dash Critical Strike Damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
Caltrops

• Damage increased from 30% to 40%.
Passive Changes

Concussive

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from 5/10/15% to 4/8/12%.
Legendary Affix Changes

Repeating

Sorcerer

Skill Changes

Arc Lash

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 30% to 14%.
  • Glinting Arc Lash Cooldown reduction reduced from .25 to .15 seconds.
Teleport

• Shimmering Teleport’s Damage Reduction duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.
Legendary Affix Changes

Aspect of Control

• Bonus damage reduced from 30-40% to 25-35%.

General

Miscellaneous Class Changes

Druid Companions and Necromancer Minions

• Maximum damage over time taken per damage instance reduced from 2% to 1% of maximum Life.
Paragon Board Changes

Rare Nodes

• Player Attack Speed nodes reduced by 50%.
Glyphs

• All Glyph Bonus scaling has been reduced by ~34%, except for the following:
  • Critical Strike Damage Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Vulnerable Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Rare nodes reduced by ~50%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Magic nodes reduced by ~40%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Cold/Fire/Lightning/Non-Physical/Physical nodes reduced by ~62.5%.

Monster Changes

• Significantly reduced the spawn rate of Treasure Goblins within PvP zones.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed the name for the Light Bearer Mount.
  • The Go to Shop button from the Wardrobe will now properly open the shop.
  • Fixed an issue where if a Sorcerer uses Deep Freeze and is affected by another effect that would freeze them, it caused them to be permanently stunned.
  • Miscellaneous stability and crash fixes.

Those are some biiiig nerfs for some classes. Also poor druids, blizz wtf are you doing with this class

Got kicked out of the game with an "account locked" error, so I rebooted the game and it continued just fine from where I was. Weird error...

SCB3

Anyone else on PC with an Xbox controller having random issues with the chat box opening on pressing A? It keeps happening to me and it’s really annoying

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Balance patch incoming

Fuck.

I hope they don't nerf again sorc defenses, the patch after the beta already neutered them.

edit: patch notes are out, teleport defense bonus reduced to 3 seconds shieet. It was the last bastion of durability for sorcs, clearly blizzard wants the class to be a fragile range fighter while doing less damage than everyone else.
edit2: and no buffs to frozen orb? the skill is weaker than the other core skills already requiring careful positioning and play in order to actually be effective.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
So when I take an aspect off an item, do I store it to use it once, or is it added to a library to apply when I want, to whatever I want in the future (e.g. if I take an aspect off which says +35% mobility can I then just apply that to as many items as I want, or is it consumed once I use it once?)

Its confusing cos some are in my inventory and I can drop them or mark them as junk?

geary

What a clusterfuck are dungeons with a party of 4, but so much fun...It reminds me of WoW Vanilla in 2004, when no one knew what to do.

Last edited:
So when I take an aspect off an item, do I store it to use it once, or is it added to a library to apply when I want, to whatever I want in the future (e.g. if I take an aspect off which says +35% mobility can I then just apply that to as many items as I want, or is it consumed once I use it once?)

Its confusing cos some are in my inventory and I can drop them or mark them as junk?
It stays in the library, once you get it off an item or get one from a class dungeon you keep it and it goes across all characters.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Fuck.

I hope they don't nerf again sorc defenses, the patch after the beta already neutered them.

edit: patch notes are out, teleport defense bonus reduced to 3 seconds shieet. It was the last bastion of durability for sorcs, clearly blizzard wants the class to be a fragile range fighter while doing less damage than everyone else.
edit2: and no buffs to frozen orb? the skill is weaker than the other core skills already requiring careful positioning and play in order to actually be effective.
Sorc hits like a wet noodle at the moment.

I think levelling is in a bad shape at present (across all classes) as Blizz knows all the legendaries we’re going to be using.

This stuff takes time. It’s impossible to balance in advance.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Sorc hits like a wet noodle at the moment.

I think levelling is in a bad shape at present (across all classes) as Blizz knows all the legendaries we’re going to be using.

This stuff takes time. It’s impossible to balance in advance.

Yep - I even tried inferno at level 44 and for the massive cooldown it does jack n shit damage. It's also meant to group up enemies but doesn't do that well neither.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
It stays in the library, once you get it off an item or get one from a class dungeon you keep it and it goes across all characters.

Only aspects received from dungeons go into the codex of power.

Extracted aspects are a one use item. This means you cannot extract an already imprinted aspect.
Ugh nerfs.
Nerfs are good.

Fuck diablo 3s buffs only approach until everyone is doing a quintillion DPS.
___

As for the whinging about paid cosmetics meaning the in game ones are going to be garbage.

vuRNQIB.jpg

Got me a spirit "deer" mount now. Didn't pay a cent.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I turned off crossplay on Xbox in the hopes I would run into less players in the open world but every time I log in it turns back on. My only gripe with the game is having other people in the same world, more popular areas its a bit of a pisstake how long it can take to finish side quests when all the mobs are dead.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
All these changes to Necromancer and they didn't bother to touch Blight Explosion. If you have a lot of Blight Explosion puddles anything in the AoE is enveloped in darkness and you can't see shit. It's really cool from a solo player perspective but in group play or even out in the overworld with other players it is quite a problem when you can't see enemies or the other players.

Though it is quite amazing to see things emerge out of the darkness. Necromancer with their War Crimes coming out in full force.

As for Sorcerer I think Arc Lash getting nerfed was bound to happen especially when the damage it does as a forward cone cleave attack is absurd(no fall off either) in comparison to your other basic spells.

Top Bottom