• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

j0hnnix

I might of missed in the thread but World Bosses. is it every 6 hours? Reading the below it seems so, falls in line with Wandering Death earlier.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just beat the level 70 capstone dungeon... at level 63 let's fucking go.

UK6ut7v.jpg

Freeman76

Man, this game is so damn good. Im almost 50 now, how os everyone finding endgame? Is it more substantial than D3 was at release? Hoping for a nice long treadmill to sink into

NickFire

Got up to level 31 (damn responsibilities held me back) so far. Read some basic information guides before starting since I skipped beta, but otherwise have been playing blind. Absolutely loving this game. It will give even some of the best exclusives a run for their money in terms of value (money spent v. hours played).

Orbital2060

Got up to level 31 (damn responsibilities held me back) so far. Read some basic information guides before starting since I skipped beta, but otherwise have been playing blind. Absolutely loving this game. It will give even some of the best exclusives a run for their money in terms of value (money spent v. hours played).
img_1835rpcjy.gif

DavidGzz

Animations is one place where these types of games are lacking usually but damn, everything is so crisp. I love watching my rogue do his abilities. Even just the running animation is great with two weapons out. Path of Exile 2 has some work ahead of it if it wants to compare, especially overall. With all the money they've made from PoE 1, I hope they go all out. More competition is good in one of my favorite genres.

Last edited:

geary

On an objective note, this game is basically current World of Warcraft without WASD controls. Everything related to production value you see in Diablo 4 was perfected in World of Warcraft during these last years (animations, cutscenes, UI, main quest and side quests structure, open world, phasing, talent tree, spells animations, etc), yet people bash WoW and praise Diablo 4.

cormack12

Gold Member
On an objective note, this game is basically current World of Warcraft without WASD controls. Everything related to production value you see in Diablo 4 was perfected in World of Warcraft during these last years (animations, cutscenes, UI, main quest and side quests structure, open world, phasing, talent tree, spells animations, etc), yet people bash WoW and praise Diablo 4.
Us8ling concealment with my rogue then puncture and TB reminds me of rogue backstab in WoW lol

SCB3

Something I don't understand, so I have 2 pairs of Legendary Boots, both with differing attributes but one has a lower Gear score even when fully upgraded, is it worth keeping them at all? Or should I salvage them and hope for better ones later?

Mikado

Cant get in anymore on pc with a license error. Ive reinstalled battlenet launcher, scanned and repaired. Anyone had this problem?

It's fine here - whjch ofc doesn't help you :/

If it still shows up as Purchased/Complete in your bnet Recent Purchases tab then can open a ticket with support (if you can navigate through the stupid FAQ intercepts far enough to get to the actual Submit Ticket page)? I had a wackiness with my order and they responded like immediately (ofc that was because they wanted my money haha - maybe they are slower once they already have it...)

Can someone help answer a couple questions? 1. Does this game have the same performance on ps5 and sx?

2. Is the single player stuff able to be played without buying ps plus?

Thanks

drotahorror

I have a Logitech G502, so no. But i love this mouse so much. Anyone else with this mouse?
1898203-n1.jpg

Best mouse I've ever had. Quality control can be hit or miss. My scroll wheel usually starts bugging out after a year or 2. Logitech is pretty good with replacements if you contact them though.

drotahorror

Animations is one place where these types of games are lacking usually but damn, everything is so crisp. I love watching my rogue do his abilities. Even just the running animation is great with two weapons out. Path of Exile 2 has some work ahead of it if it wants to compare, especially overall. With all the money they've made from PoE 1, I hope they go all out. More competition is good in one of my favorite genres.

The mocap in the realtime cutscenes is very good as well, same with the lip movements. Definitely haven't seen anything like that in an ARPG. Some people might have thought those were prerendered, but you can uncap cutscene framerate, atleast on PC.

drotahorror

And honestly, I'm starting to feel it. I'm approaching level 60 and all I'm doing are dungeons. I know there's other stuff to do but I want to be efficient. But I can't imagine just grinding the same couple of dungeons for another 50 hours. I'm thinking of already making another character, as level 1-50 I had more fun. As a whole package it's excellent, probably the most polished ARPG I've ever played. I find the endgame lacking though. I guess it is what you make of it. Maybe I should try PVP or something. Or maybe make a build specifically for PVP.

Antwix

Can someone help answer a couple questions? 1. Does this game have the same performance on ps5 and sx?

2. Is the single player stuff able to be played without buying ps plus?

Thanks
1) yeah pretty much. both at 4k60. virtually no difference. both are good.
2) from what ive heard, yes. you can play the game but cant interact with chat/party/clans/etc

from xbox.com ( https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/03/15/diablo-iv-open-beta-start-time/ ) : "Once Diablo IV launches, an Xbox Live Gold subscription will be required to access some of the game’s multiplayer features."

I'd assume the same for PS+

Last edited:

amigastar

20 min left for the peasant to show up in Diablo 4. I wonder how the servers are gonna be.
I'm just kiddin, i wish everyone much fun
Edit: Can't login, getting error message.

Last edited:
1) yeah pretty much. both at 4k60. virtually no difference. both are good.
2) from what ive heard, yes. you can play the game but cant interact with chat/party/clans/etc

from xbox.com ( https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/03/15/diablo-iv-open-beta-start-time/ ) : "Once Diablo IV launches, an Xbox Live Gold subscription will be required to access some of the game’s multiplayer features."

I'd assume the same for PS+

Thanks. That's great news because I was not buying this if it forces me to have ps plus just to play solo. I have no interest in playing this with others. I hate the fact that we have to pay just to play an online game on console.

Multiplayer should be free and if people want a service - that's another story.

MastAndo

Just facetanked the Butcher with my level 38 Whirlwind Barb, pretty much just dodging his headbutts. I had either gotten slaughtered or ran the three times I had seen him before this. Feels good, man. The drops were lame though.

DavidGzz

Just hit 50. Digging the helm transmog (Warlord Greathelm), definitely wanna see the whole set.
HmrqS9Z.png

P.S. Lilith kinda hot though, yeah? If she were my step-mom, I'd help her get unstuck from the dryer machine.

Man, I wonder if Blizzard are kicking themselves for delivering such awesome looking armors when they want people to spend money cause Rogue also has amazing armors and transmogs from the get go make it really easy to get the look you want. I have no urge to spend money at all on cosmetics so far. Even the horse shit is great.

GHG

Purchased the standard edition.

Battle.net has cloud saves right, so if I switch between my PC and the Steam deck my progress should carry across the two devices?

Does the game get harder? I’m only level 25 Rogue, still making my way through Act 1 but I realize the enemies have level scaling. The difficulty seems static so far. I’m just steamrolling through enemies and bosses like no tomorrow. Haven’t died once. Im starting to get a little bored.

If no level scaling, I could run into mobs that out level me and get steamrolled, which would keep me on my toes. As it is now, I’m kind of just sleep walking through this game so far.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Does the game get harder? I’m only level 25 Rogue, still making my way through Act 1 but I realize the enemies have level scaling. The difficulty seems static so far. I’m just steamrolling through enemies and bosses like no tomorrow. Haven’t died once. Im starting to get a little bored.
Rogue is one of the best classes for leveling, you will get squishy later

Draugoth

Gold Member

If no level scaling, I could run into mobs that out level me and get steamrolled, which would keep me on my toes. As it is now, I’m kind of just sleep walking through this game so far.

Yes.

If you want to rage go play hardcore

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Just hit 50. Digging the helm transmog (Warlord Greathelm), definitely wanna see the whole set.
HmrqS9Z.png

P.S. Lilith kinda hot though, yeah? If she were my step-mom, I'd help her get unstuck from the dryer machine.
Do you have tits or man boobs?
I'm confused 😄
I'm jumping in friday.

alife

Man, I wonder if Blizzard are kicking themselves for delivering such awesome looking armors when they want people to spend money cause Rogue also has amazing armors and transmogs from the get go make it really easy to get the look you want. I have no urge to spend money at all on cosmetics so far. Even the horse shit is great.
I personally wouldn't mind spending some money on cosmetic items in D4 if Blizzard gave them the PoE treatment with some cool additional effects. Maybe they can have regular outfit contests like in Lost Ark where players can submit their creations to have a chance of winning and having their work make it into the game. This would also help give talented artists some public exposure. Now, I understand some people aren't ecstatic about the addition of cosmetic microtransactions in D4, however, I've played Lost Ark and Black Desert Online and cosmetic items aren't a concern to me. But if players in the future can swipe to gain even just a slight progression advantage, that's when we'll have a real fucking problem.
Do you have tits or man boobs?
I'm confused 😄
I'm jumping in friday.
I went with a lady barb. Always gotta play the Snu Snu class. Have fun on Friday (y).

Top Bottom