• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

MastAndo

I heard that lowering Textures from Ultra to High, removes the stutter.
It's been running fine with Ultra everything in 1440p (only way I can get 120fps or close to it on a 2080 Super). I just ran into the occasional hitches from the congestion in the hub areas, which is what happened when I loaded in at Kyovashad and ran straight to the vendor.

Playing a rogue so far in the early game, is there a way to not be out of energy after 3 shots? Ranged rogue is kind of awful when I can only shoot 3 times and then I'm forced to kite around and try not to die while waiting to shot 3 times again.

The first boss of the game, the one where you fight Neyrelle's Mom, was annoying because of this. I wonder if melee rogue is any more playable than this.
Are you not using your basic attack to refill your resource pool? Unless I'm missing something (haven't looked at the Rogue's skill tree) all classes' basic attacks serve to refill the pool and allow attack when all your resources are drained. Eventually your skill tree should have passives that reduce resource costs in some way, those can be synergized with other skills to compound the effect. Example: my Sorc has a passive that reduces resource cost by 10% if I have a blizzard active, another passive fully leveled that reduces all resource costs by 9%, another one that reduces core mama costs if I stay still for 1.5 seconds etc.

Last edited:

Elog

Playing a rogue so far in the early game, is there a way to not be out of energy after 3 shots? Ranged rogue is kind of awful when I can only shoot 3 times and then I'm forced to kite around and try not to die while waiting to shot 3 times again.

The first boss of the game, the one where you fight Neyrelle's Mom, was annoying because of this. I wonder if melee rogue is any more playable than this.
Experimented some on the Rogue. At least for the base game going Blade Shift+Flurry and then later build with Concealment, Caltrops (with chill), Poison Trap (with knock-down) and Poison imbuement is insanely good.

Early on things just die with Blade Shift+Flurry. When you have the two traps you go in put Poison trap+Caltrops+flurry until dead. If there are elites you activate poison imbuement before flurry to DoT everything in front of you. Look for Crit (since crits heal you) and some life on kill for the equipment and you are good to go.

I got concealment since I play HC - it allows you to go to the side and teleport if e.g. Butcher comes along.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Spoke too soon. I got to a section where I couldn't run anymore, tried to teleport to town and now I'm stuck on a loading screen. Blessed mother...let me in.
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

lol

cormack12

Gold Member
Looking at your comment, are you suppose to start on tier 1? I'm not a huge Diablo player and went straight to 2 lol.
I asked the same, but consenus is the time you lose levelling in 2 doesn't offset the 20% xp gain. Maybe for a specific class it's ok. I'm guessing wt2 is the best starting place for alts once you have a few points, altars etc for your new char.

Wt1 has had some dicey spikes though as you're starting to get your build together. I wouldn't say it's hard, but you have to pay attention to a lot, like healing, passives, resource, adds, poison etc. I think I've probably died about 10 times on wt1 - usually a combo of crowd, low resource, cool downs, enemy aoe poison.

DavidGzz

Most streamers have been booted. Shroud and Alk are still in. I can't get in now.

Ok, now I know the level of addicted I am, I don't want to do anything else.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Most streamers have been booted. Shroud and Alk are still in. I can't get in now.

Ok, now I know the level of addicted I am, I don't want to do anything else.
That's probably because he's just staying in town and working on his paragon, not traveling anywhere. Or possibly only the hardcore servers are up.

Fools idol

Banned
I'm still on my first playthrough, playing hardcore character blind (rogue) level 21. Just cleared the few dungeons around the starting area and about to enter the black asylum.

I feel like the game is getting harder already, how realistic is it that my hardcore char survives on a first playthrough? XD Playing world tier 2.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm still on my first playthrough, playing hardcore character blind (rogue) level 21. Just cleared the few dungeons around the starting area and about to enter the black asylum.

I feel like the game is getting harder already, how realistic is it that my hardcore char survives on a first playthrough? XD Playing world tier 2.
1*Cw5EWHr4qD3Ktokuk3ZkbQ.jpeg

Rogue is quite hardy, but potential for a lot of bullshit quick deaths. I'd focus on getting your potions upgraded as soon within each tier

DavidGzz

That's probably because he's just staying in town and working on his paragon, not traveling anywhere. Or possibly only the hardcore servers are up.

Shroud is cause he is afraid since he is doing Hardcore and it appears he may have died again? He is only level 50. Alk is playing normally, he had one longer than normal load screen otherwise he is fine.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If you're just doing altars, can people in different wt play together?
People who have different access to world tiers can play together, but you just need to make sure that when you are playing, you are on the same WT.

So, for example, if you have someone in your group who hasn't unlocked WT3 yet, just run altars on WT1 or 2.

Codeblew

People who have different access to world tiers can play together, but you just need to make sure that when you are playing, you are on the same WT.

So, for example, if you have someone in your group who hasn't unlocked WT3 yet, just run altars on WT1 or 2.
I noticed you had some ancient gear. Are you in Tier IV now or did you get it just randomly because of your level? (I'm Midboss ingame, BTW).

Codeblew

I got them in Tier 4. Ah, I see. Sometimes I have no idea whose gamertags go with whose username. Good runs earlier!
Yeah, it was fun blasting through those nightmare dungeons. What level do you think I should attempt the Tier IV keystone? I still don't have my full aspect build out yet due to crappy drops. I don't even have all Sacred pieces yet, lol.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah, it was fun blasting through those nightmare dungeons. What level do you think I should attempt the Tier IV keystone? I still don't have my full aspect build out yet due to crappy drops. I don't even have all Sacred pieces yet, lol.
I beat it at level 63. You're "supposed" to do it at 70. Just play it by ear. Mid 60s maybe?

Methos#1975

I guess I'll stay on WT2 for now, I die a bit but it hasn't been what I would label super difficult and I'm at level 33 now on it.

amigastar

I guess I'll stay on WT2 for now, I die a bit but it hasn't been what I would label super difficult and I'm at level 33 now on it.
I'm level 32 but i stay on WT1 with my Necro, seems easier that way. Until i get a better understanding of a good build.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I feel a bit overwhelmed so i have some noob questions:

The right thing to do with loot that i don't use is to destroy it at the blacksmith right? When do this change? When i start to get legendaries?

Any particular setting to change from default?

Any thing\mechanic that i'm probably missing in the early game? I feel lost after reading this topic but maybe you people are just talking about advanced stuff, playing with italian subs doesn't help because everything has a different name (of course), maybe i'm gonna switch to full english.

What is the most important stat for the druid? Does it depends on what build you do or every class has a favourite stat in general?

Any general advice is well accepted, i'm not a noob of the genre but i can't say i'm an expert neither.

TylerD

Druid is willpower. I’m already holding on to a piece of gear in slot over “better” ones because a rare rolled max +16 willpower and +5 all stats. I’m just level 13 with my thiccc Tababitha druid girl. Probably not necessary but it’s what I want to do.

Had a pretty much insta death fighting the boss in the aspect of the protector dungeon. Had about 3 ice blasts hit me at once like I was in a venn diagram of icey death. One more touch and I was dead.

Feels great to play the game at a slower pace and actually watch cinematics and read dialogue unlike what I did with open beta and server slam. Just chilling in Kyovashad and messing with menus and listening to the music is 👍🏻

geary

I feel a bit overwhelmed so i have some noob questions:

The right thing to do with loot that i don't use is to destroy it at the blacksmith right? When do this change? When i start to get legendaries?
Well, at the beginning i dismantled everything, but after a while a start to sell stuff, until i reach ~700K gold, after that i started to dismantled again and try to mix them to keep my gold balance over 500K.
I usually remove aspect of the legendary when i get a rare with ~5 levels over what i have on me and imprint the aspect back on the new item, so i usually keep my gear always on legendary level.

After 5 level you start to notice the impact of lower gear and everything becomes harder...I'm level 48 now and this approach made the leveling smooth.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Who is rushing the main story and who is taking time to do everything?

Doing pretty much everything. Rogue, level 45, just finished Act 1 earlier today, a handful of hours ago. Still not done all Fractured Peaks side quests. This is how I tend to play these games, when they're this good... I had something like 150 hours in Elden Ring before I'd finished the 2nd "proper" boss.

Been very fun so far. Feels a LOT like D3 to me... but I'm not a Diablo connoisseur or anything. I did play a lot of D3 + exp, and just a little of D2.
I'm tending towards ignoring multiple dungeons that don't give me an aspect my class can use, but other than that I'm hitting all/most sidequests, all strongholds, but some of the dungeons/caverns/events I play by ear. Pass by them sometimes.

I started as melee spec, but was switching to ranged on a few bosses... and eventually I decided to never go back, because constantly respeccing was draining my gold and ranged just feels better/less dangerous in early boss fights. Finally used to ranged spec, and for some reason I like it a LOT more than I did both of wizard and demon hunter in D3. Was using lots of poison traps & poison imbue, but now I'm going cold imbue/caltrops/rain of arrows with dash as my mobility skill. And preparation of course to lower cooldown on rain of arrows.

Only had a real problem with 1 "boss" so far as a range spec rogue... the vampire thing in the northwestern stronghold in Fractured Peaks... annoying fight with big elite adds, lots of CC, and lots of projectiles in final stage.

Anyways... can't imagine playing a game I like more than this anytime this year. Only a surprise release of Silksong would be a real threat.
Starting my friends clan on Thursday... can't wait to progress with my druid alt.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Druid is willpower. I’m already holding on to a piece of gear in slot over “better” ones because a rare rolled max +16 willpower and +5 all stats. I’m just level 13 with my thiccc Tababitha druid girl. Probably not necessary but it’s what I want to do.

Had a pretty much insta death fighting the boss in the aspect of the protector dungeon. Had about 3 ice blasts hit me at once like I was in a venn diagram of icey death. One more touch and I was dead.

Feels great to play the game at a slower pace and actually watch cinematics and read dialogue unlike what I did with open beta and server slam. Just chilling in Kyovashad and messing with menus and listening to the music is 👍🏻
Yesterday i rolled a +34 willpower and +4 all stats.

Mephisto40

I used to watch this guys D2 content, but it's becoming painfully obvious he just doesn't like the fact D4 is taking his audience away and he doesn't want to play it

Some of the criticisms in this video are ridiculous, if he was this critical and ran the same review scale on D2 it would get like a 2/10

Top Bottom