• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Ok, so I just finished FFXVI and wanted to boot this game quickly and get greeted with error code 34202 (on PS5). What the hell is this? I just got a patch notice and it started loading. Is it because I don’t habe the patch yet?

Codeblew

Ok, so I just finished FFXVI and wanted to boot this game quickly and get greeted with error code 34202 (on PS5). What the hell is this? I just got a patch notice and it started loading. Is it because I don’t habe the patch yet?
I would assume so. It's a live service game so they are not going to let you log in with an unpatched version.

gatti-man

Is there anything more pointless than enemies scaling with player levels? I hate that shit. It's so fucking annoying. I finished the campaign and enjoyed the story but I don't see any point in playing further. It don't matter what gear or skills I use because the enemies are always going to present the same challenge. When I play a rpg I want that power thing. I want to see my character grow stronger. Go into areas and fight enemies I couldn't before. Don't even get me started on the loot. Jesus Christ.
That’s weird like once I got past lvl 50 I basically destroy anything my level. It needs to be a challenge dungeon or difficulty 4 for me to get sweaty at all. Otherwise it’s group and spank.

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Got the platinum trophy!

Goddamn that Lilith fight is insane. Way too many one shots. Really happy to be done with that fight. Took me like 10 hours of attempts. At least my new title is cool, “Lilith’s Chef” haha

Looking forward to season 1!

cormack12

Gold Member
I kind of feel that's diablo though. Most NM dungeons you run you can get through even some with tanks enemies. But there is way too much OHK stuff going on

Zheph

They don’t understand Diablo logic.

Wolf tornado is powerful because it’s locked behind and RNG wall. And that’s ok.
I am half surprised by the state of the game yet still playing it because i wanted to try every class/build but damn... it lose so much interested around lvl 70 no matter what you do

Completely missing the essence of what is Diablo (instead focusing on making it look like D2 or whatever, who cares... it's about the gameplay loop)

I guess we have PoE2 incoming if they really can't fix anything

Think I'll jump back in when S1 starts, try out a hardcore Barb. Even if I never touch the game again I absolutely got my $$$ worth, it's fantastic though having marinated on it the past few weeks I feel like D2R is the superior game (all things considered) and it's a game that had me captivated for *weeks* despite being much smaller in scale/no real endgame, says a lot.

Zheph

Think I'll jump back in when S1 starts, try out a hardcore Barb. Even if I never touch the game again I absolutely got my $$$ worth, it's fantastic though having marinated on it the past few weeks I feel like D2R is the superior game (all things considered) and it's a game that had me captivated for *weeks* despite being much smaller in scale/no real endgame, says a lot.
The loot is compelling in D2R which is what a Diablo game should be about

Also despite the lack of QoL, the remaster is absolutely stunning

Joramun

Anyone has a good solution for lag and stutter on pc?

Have a 12700 + 4080 and this game is a stutter mess.
Ensure your drivers and firmware/bios are up to date

After that, do a repair on the game install

hfzFdRf.png

Hot5pur

I'm a level 50ish barb. Found a good synergy between my aspects and feel like I barely upgraded for the last 5 hours of gameplay.
Game is still very nice but it's missing something for sure. Wolcen is definitely more interesting in terms of skills and character builds somehow...

amigastar

How's the Paragon Board, is it entertaining? I have a level 48 necro but i've stopped because Paragon Board seems bland to me, is it?

Orbital2060

How's the Paragon Board, is it entertaining? I have a level 48 necro but i've stopped because Paragon Board seems bland to me, is it?
In case you didnt know, there are 8 boards with different features that you can choose from. You can preview the boards by clicking on the gate nodes on the first board. When it unlocks at level 50.

It's simultaneously bland but also the best part of the game haha.

I mean, clicking a node for +5 wisdom in itself is lame. But once you start building it up, using glyphs and working towards special nodes it gets crazy. Before I hit the Paragon Board, I just felt like I was getting steadily more powerful. After I started working up the board, my power began increasing exponentially.

It feels like the game doesn't truly start until the Paragon board imo.

Codeblew

It's simultaneously bland but also the best part of the game haha.

I mean, clicking a node for +5 wisdom in itself is lame. But once you start building it up, using glyphs and working towards special nodes it gets crazy. Before I hit the Paragon Board, I just felt like I was getting steadily more powerful. After I started working up the board, my power began increasing exponentially.

It feels like the game doesn't truly start until the Paragon board imo.
It kind of sucks that the meta is to get as many glyph slots as possible and skip most of the legendary/rare nodes not on the direct path to the next glyph slot.

ssringo

I'm not much of a theory crafter so I may be off base here but reading those notes tells me I shouldn't bother playing a Wizard Sorcerer in Season 1. Guess it's time try out the Rogue!

*Blizzard call the class "Wizard" in their own class skill notes.

gothmog

Gold Member
Maybe but lately my lev 76 necro is so powerful I blow up everything. But on the other hand leveling to max might be a second thought now as I dont really feel the urge to grind.
Making everyone less powerful isn't the solution in my mind, though. Making players want to easily experiment with different builds is the solution to long term retention. I'm just disappointed that they reached for the nerf bat once again to try and make their game fun.

Tg89

Patch notes do not make me excited for this game long term.

Yep.

It's unfortunate but Blizzard simply doesn't understand how to implement good GAMEPLAY systems anymore. Pristine polish, cinematics, production values, etc. No one who understands how to make games (that or just people at a decision making level who fuck it up).

Oh well, lots coming up in August and the backlog is huge - one less time sink won't hurt.

Freeman76

Yep.

It's unfortunate but Blizzard simply doesn't understand how to implement good GAMEPLAY systems anymore. Pristine polish, cinematics, production values, etc. No one who understands how to make games (that or just people at a decision making level who fuck it up).

Oh well, lots coming up in August and the backlog is huge - one less time sink won't hurt.

Its still a lot of fun but i do think they have failed to surpass Diablo 3 in terms of how long term loot progression is handled. O ce you hit 80+ loot is fucked

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I saw the patch notes trending on Twitter and people joking about how awful they were but I had no idea they were this awful.

The sorcerer class might as well be removed from the game with how hard they were hit.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Erm, I cannot start the game because it tells me there is an Update being loaded but I have no download going on at the moment.… What?!

Edit: Now it popped. Only 30 hours to wait. LooooooooL

Last edited:

Tg89

Its still a lot of fun but i do think they have failed to surpass Diablo 3 in terms of how long term loot progression is handled. O ce you hit 80+ loot is fucked
Thankfully with the changes in the new patch getting to 80 will take forever. Now you don't have to experience the worst part of the game.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Yeah....some of the patch notes seem very off. I want to check out some of the changes myself, hoping its just being lost in conversion to public patch notes.

Really odd choices to make if these are accurate.

Little Mac

Like I told everyone days ago ... avoid Sorc. They were already as durable as wet paper bag but now they are significantly worse. Also that new teleport Unique added to the game this season for Sorc?!?!? It's stupid and It completely negates Sorc's only viable Unique (Raiment).

why GIF

Last edited:

Freeman76

Like I told everyone days ago ... avoid Sorc. They were already as durable as wet paper bag but now they are significantly worse. Also that new teleport legendary added to the game this season for Sorc?!?!? It completely negates Sorc's only viable Unique (Raiment).

why GIF
I was hoping they would sort sorceror out in this patch, their track record was always decent in terms of balance, D3 was superb in that regard. This patch has fucked sorceror in the anus big time, its so bad now I dont even want to play at this point. Just gonna wait til Thurs and roll a necro for the first season, I'm done with sorceror

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
So my barbarian lost over 2k in base damage from 13k to 11k in addition to the crit and vulnerable damage affixes getting nerf batted. Although overall I still have 270-300% each of crit and vulnerable.

Definitely not an inspiring patch at all and it reduces my enthusiasm heading into Season 1. I will still play and see how it goes but man, talk about deflating.

Freeman76

So my barbarian lost over 2k in base damage from 13k to 11k in addition to the crit and vulnerable damage affixes getting nerf batted. Although overall I still have 270-300% each of crit and vulnerable.

Definitely not an inspiring patch at all and it reduces my enthusiasm heading into Season 1. I will still play and see how it goes but man, talk about deflating.
After the patch with Sorceror I get one shotted in normal dungeons at level 84, this wasnt happening before the patch. Actually cant believe what they're doing with this game

Top Bottom