• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA’s CFO reveals Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 5 will release before Christmas

Lol an Infinity Ward developed COD, the fifth Battlefield game, or DROP A TITAN ON IT? I think the choice is obvious.

Yeah, It'll probably be between Battlefield 5 and Titanfall 2.

Still having fun with Blops 3 and probably want a CoD break.

Haven't played Battlefield since Battlefield 3 and I played the Titanfall beta and enjoyed it. So I'll probably enjoy them both. But I don't have room for two competitive mp games. I'll see at the end of the year :p

Compsiox

Banned
OH BOY!! I don't think Battlefield can get any better after 4. Can't wait to see what they do with Titanfall.

J_Viper

Holy fuck at Titanfall 2 this year. I really didn't expect that.

Lol an Infinity Ward developed COD, the fifth Battlefield game, or DROP A TITAN ON IT? I think the choice is obvious.

To be fair, IW has nabbed some talent from Naughty Dog and absorbed the ashes of Neversoft, meaning this is the first time they've been fully staffed in a while.

We could be in for a surprise with this one.

The_R3medy_

Neo Member
So Battlefield in late October, Titanfall 2 in November? This shit is looking stacked with games like COD and Gears 4 releasing in that likely area as well.

JBwB

Sweet totally getting Battlefield 5 and Mass Effect when they come out.

Titanfall got boring really quick so it'll take a lot (of game content) to get me interested in the sequel.

Atleast it has way better netcode. :p

Yeah Titanfalls 30hz tick is way better than Frostbites 120hz of 2016, sure.

That people lost track of development after the BF4 launch so badly...

Well... if rumors are true then each title will offer something unique enough to warrant purchasing all three.

Battlefield goes back to World War 1 (rumor)

Titanfall 2 is a futuristic shooter

Call of Duty seems to be heading back to Ghosts 2 so it's more of a modern day setting

Past, Present & Future

BF is rumor, CoD is rumor. We got no clue what they will bring on the table. Surely not Ghosts 2, no one would buy that. It's something else.

I don't understand why EA would release Battlefield and Titianfall this year, unless one comes out in September and the other one in November.

Chris1

I've always said I think Titanfall 2 will release this holiday. They want to capture the CoD crowd and the best way to do that is to go head to head against Ghosts 2.

antitrop

Not usually into FPS but i could see myself riding a mech and blowing shit up.

People called it "Call of Duty with mechs", but the out-of-mech play was the best part.

PrestigiousTheseBumblebee.gif

The mechs were pretty sweet, too. Love Titanfall so much.

jackdoe

I'm hoping that the PC user base doesn't collapse on itself again, but who am I kidding. It's an EA shooter not called Battlefield and it probably will. And it's a shame since the high mobility, wall running stuff just doesn't work as well on a controller as it does with a M/KB combo. The worst part about Titanfall on the PC was that I bought the Season Pass at launch and wasted my cash on it.

brawly

So they going up against themselves? I'm really looking forward to Titanfall, as I'll probably skip CoD this year.

Thewonandonly

Titanfall on PS4. Now all of a sudden this site is going to go from majority trolling Titanfall to majority claiming it's GOTY :>
Right haha even thought titanfall is the greatest multiplayer game this gem and still is in my opinion.

Anyway can't fucking and I don't say that lightly for news on titanfall 2. This is my most hyped game for this year now and I'm so pumped that more people get the play the incrediblness that is titanfall.

I mean have you seen it ;)

DOWN

Banned
why are y'all acting like they are cannibalizing each other. Battlefield 5 is set in WWI and is super chess-game inspired compared to other FPS. Titanfall is a hyper acrobatic and mech speed shooter with tight verticality.

Drop Titanfall in September and Battlefield 5 in November and bam, no problem.

Jito

Banned
why are y'all acting like they are cannibalizing each other. Battlefield 5 is set in WWI and is super chess-game inspired compared to other FPS. Titanfall is a hyper acrobatic and mech speed shooter with tight verticality.

Drop Titanfall in September and Battlefield 5 in November and bam, no problem.

Like hell is it going to be set in WW1 and chess like? Wuhh?

ryan299

Releasing two major shooters in the fall is stupid. Should be Mass Effect and Battlefield this fall and Titanfall in March of 2017

DOWN

Banned
Like hell is it going to be set in WW1 and chess like? Wuhh?

The WWI rumor has been going for weeks and is all over this thread, and EA themselves call it strategy, because as explained in this thread, Battlefield has much more large scale strategic ebb and flow with its classes/vehicles

Jito

Banned
The WWI rumor has been going for weeks and is all over this thread, and EA themselves call it strategy, because as explained in this thread, Battlefield has much more large scale strategic ebb and flow with its classes/vehicles

It was a rumour stared by a random game retailer, nothing more solid than that, but looking at everything in WW1 it wouldn't make a fun game.

Still not seeing the chess comparison.

Lime

One way I'll be interested in Titanfall 2:

1. Singleplayer campaign that isn't dumb shootbang
2. Third-person camera
3. First-person cockpit.

shanafan

Titanfall 2 is going to own this christmas. COD What?

Isn't this the joke every Holiday season, yet Call of Duty still reigns supreme?

Call of Duty will still sell extremely well. I am happy to see IW back at the helm this year, and excited to see what they have in store.

The biggest competition that COD could get this year is if the next Battlefield is WW-themed. I think people are getting tired of futuristic shooters, and want a throwback to the older themes. COD IW could be that as well, but Titanfall 2 will be a futuristic shooter. Could be good for them if COD IW and BF5 are WW-themed, or if they are not, Titanfall 2 will just be another COD that won't sell as much.

jackdoe

Releasing two major shooters in the fall is stupid. Should be Mass Effect and Battlefield this fall and Titanfall in March of 2017
I completely agree. Titanfall 2 is, for all intents and purposes, a new IP for the PS4 platform. Assuming that a good chunk of PS4 owners don't also own a gaming PC or an Xbox One, then it will also be a new IP for its owners as well. Putting this new IP in competition with established IPs on the platform (one of which has a marketing deal with the platform, the other which might have a deal) isn't that great of an idea.

God damn im actually going to buy 5 games at launch this year.

Im also really happy that embarrassing console war fanboy shit will die in a fire now that Titanfall is on PS4. Loved the first and now it can really shine.

In for BF5 as well. After the patches, BF4 is still the best shooter I'm current gen by a country mile.

Top Bottom