• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Damn it, 2h in and accidentally killed an NPC. I wonder if I should restart? It's
talking monkey who looked like a tree

Going slow ATM, started as a Prophet.
Got some weapon upgrades and bumped my hp up 5 levels.
Done the first cave solo so that was a really good feeling.

Edit: Awesome job on the OT op.

Last edited:
Played for 2 hours, it is a souls game for sure but i am not complaining!

I wrecked the first boss with three magic shots!

*Hugs Astrologer*

But yeah I get stutter with PC version.
did you upgrade your starting staff? curious how much it helps
do I need to equip my staff in my right hand to cast sorceries while riding a horse?

also, are the ashes you use to summon creatures consumable? or can I reuse them?
anyone?

I got a suprise email that I have a collectors edition waiting for me to collect!

I earlier got an email from to store that because of the high demand I wouldn't get one. Now I have a extra launch edition..

RafterXL

Is there way to make calling torrent less cumbersome? I tried use Y quick menu but I don't know how to add items to it.
Open your menu and on the top right side is your pouch. You can equip the Whistle there and then just use Y+ Up or whatever you choose.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Played a few hours, oh boy is it Dark Souls alright. Love it. Got up to the first proper boss but I think I'm too tired to beat him at 2am.

Going sword + board no magic and fuck me, I'm rusty :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Started prisoner. I'm a few bonfires in to the open world. Leveled health, mind and int so far. Think I might try to keep fast roll for my whole playthrough for the first time ever in a Souls. The exploration is really some of most rewarding I've ever done. Can't wait to really sink my teeth in after work tomorrow! Couple hours tonight and now I'm smitten.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Started prisoner. I'm a few bonfires in to the open world. Leveled health, mind and int so far. Think I might try to keep fast roll for my whole playthrough for the first time ever in a Souls. The exploration is really some of most rewarding I've ever done. Can't wait to really sink my teeth in after work tomorrow! Couple hours tonight and now I'm smitten.

Prisoner is a good starting class. Good enough on the estoc to be okay on melee against low level mobs, good starting magic offence, good dodge. I’m happy with it so far.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Well, I caved and disabled my other controllers to be able and play. Wow.

Screenshots didn't do this game justice. The world design is so good, expanding fully realized in every direction. With that and all the new systems it feels like playing DS for the first time again, which none of the other games managed to convey by following the same formula.

Also, lol @ how the goats escape you, that was wtf the first time after thinking it's just gonna run away if it sees you, lmao.

Last edited:
3 hours in - I have returned to monke

nJTzIKx.jpg

Prisoner is a good starting class. Good enough on the estoc to be okay on melee against low level mobs, good starting magic offence, good dodge. I’m happy with it so far.
I replayed DS2 with rapiers last year and it’s all coming back to me.

And yeah, the art in this game transcends cutting edge graphical effects. Amazing craftsmanship on display in the world. It’s fine Swiss watch. Or should I say, Grand Seiko 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

ZehDon

Decided to jump in. Reviews won me over - the open world seems to actually improve the SoulsBorne formula, and address a lot of my issues with prior titles. Impressive work! My copy arrives next week. I expect GAF to have cleared it twice by then, just in time to provide me the ProGamer® strats :D

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Found 2 caves with mini-bosses. Explored like crazy in the beginning area but still haven't seen everything. I might go back and fight
the dragon
in the watery area. Made it to
Margit
and the
roundtable hold

I do think this is probably the easiest Soulslike so far but it's still early. About 3-4 hours in so far.

Absolutely loving the game so far.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So why can this game be released for $60 and still somehow make money? I thought Sony said AAA games need to be $70. Hmmm.

Simple. Understanding of budgets. AAA games in the west have ballooned in cost from piss poor management. This isn’t a thing just from Modern Cali-Based Playstation but also from Microsoft. Hell look at Halo Infinite(ly Greedy) and its insane budget and how little actually came from it. This is a common theme from western companies. Obviously of course not all AAA western games are like this, but it is a growing trend in the industry.

OT: Still waiting on the game to launch. Got 58 minutes and counting.

Last edited:

ssringo

Gold Member
Really enjoying everything that isn't bosses. I guess I pushed "too far" too soon. Combo strings longer than my stamina bar...

Quick question:

My friends were telling me tonight their favorite gifs from my ELDEN RING OT [and also telling me that I'm crazily obsessed with ELDEN RING] and I asked them to narrow down a singular favorite one - and 4 out of 5 of them said the same one; so I'm curious as to what your favorite, single gif is from the OT?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Quick question:

My friends were telling me tonight their favorite gifs from my ELDEN RING OT [and also telling me that I'm crazily obsessed with ELDEN RING] and I asked them to narrow down a singular favorite one - and 4 out of 5 of them said the same one; so I'm curious as to what your favorite, single gif is from the OT?

Easily the title gif. Seeing the “black chamber presents…” and Neogaf OT - I knew I was in for a ride.

LavosBit

Neo Member
The long list of penalties for cheating they outline before starting the game is, I dunno…

Like, you shouldn’t cheat in a competitive game. I’ve got no issues with them going hard against people legitimately ruining the experience for others. But if I want to disconnect from online and give my character unlimited HP and endurance and what have you, that should be my call. There’s usually a point in these games where I just can’t physically do everything From expects me to do, and no amount of practice or “getting good” is ever going to get me over some of those hurdles (an accident a few years ago fucked up how well I can use one of my hands).

I don’t mind forfeiting online play entirely if it means I can use a trainer if and when I need it (and I’m sure it’s a matter of time if the first real boss is anything to go by), but the threat of them deleting my data on their end, well, it sucks. I wish there was a better solution.

THE DUCK

Banned
Simple. Understanding of budgets. AAA games in the west have ballooned in cost from piss poor management. This isn’t a thing just from Modern Cali-Based Playstation but also from Microsoft. Hell look at Halo Infinite(ly Greedy) and its insane budget and how little actually came from it. This is a common theme from western companies. Obviously of course not all AAA western games are like this, but it is a growing trend in the industry.

OT: Still waiting on the game to launch. Got 58 minutes and counting.

I can agree with the poor management in some cases, not sure why that equates to $10 more from Sony and not from Microsoft. Also Halo infinite will in the end make MS money, either via transactions over time, console sales, gamepass subs, or direct sales.

Majukun

so, did my first session with the game..some first impressions

- Yup, it's a souls game alright in both setting and mechanics...maybe a little too much
- Seems easier than other souls games because, at least for catacombs, you can grind progress until you get to the end
- typical ruthless enemies, some even a bit too much since their attacks have insane speed and range sometimes
- Bloodstsains are broken on PC,you try to interact with them but you don't see anything

Last edited:
Top Bottom