• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk and the Twitter acquisition saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

obi-wan-disturbance-in-the-force.gif
Pendulum swinging back rightward. Will be great to see by year end how everything pans out. The guy hasnt even started working there yet and already things are changing.

Who knew it would be Elon Musk making Twitter users shake in their boots.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Pendulum swinging back rightward. Will be great to see by year end how everything pans out. The guy hasnt even started working there yet and already things are changing.

Who knew it would be Elon Musk making Twitter users shake in their boots.
Ya...I don't believe them 😂

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The year is 2022 and an autistic African American who’s solving the climate crisis and revolutionizing human space flight is being called literal Hitler.
Amazing how "marginalized" virtue signaling goes out the window, when you don't march the narrative lines.

Happens time and time again, when are the vessels going to wake up and realize, the ideology is all bullshit?

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Oh I'm not projecting, just stating the facts.

You are nothing but a paramecium in the grand scheme of things. Except to your inner circle, nothing would change if you were gone.

I can say that Elon living has positively affected my life with PayPal alone. No hero worship, but the dude has to be the closest thing to a billionaire who is also decent human being.

If I had two bullets between you and Elon, I'd shoot you twice bruh.
You could be right but do you even know the poster your talking to? You know people have lives outside GAF right?

Last edited:
All this Elon hate from twitter meanwhile he’s the only billionaire that really induced change into our worldwide society. He’s not perfect, but he’s damn good at what he does.

- Ukrainian Troops Can Utilize the internet via Starlink. Not to mention he’s able to provide internet to the world in places where the internet isn’t available.

- Booster Rockets can land themselves which leads to his air travel venture of getting anywhere in the world in 30 minutes as well as landing and living on Mars with the potential of getting back to earth.

- Electric cars are becoming the norm, without Tesla mass producing electric cars, we wouldn’t be where we are today especially with charging banks in parking lots.

- Hyperloop will be huge when it’s complete, hopefully it will be widespread in major cities or travel city to city.

- with his Twitter acquisition, his goal is to level the playing field in-terms of the way we communicate to one another and not be so one-sided.

- cofounded Neuralink he’s going all Deus Ex on us and trying to play Jesus by providing paraplegics implants to allow them to walk again among other advancements

- cofounded OpenAI which will obviously be huge.

- created the foundation for PayPal and we’ve seen how big that got. He revolutionized the online payment system.

He’s very much like Tesla in trying to provide innovation to the world, however, he certainly will not die penny-less.

Last edited:
I am very much a centrist.

As long as the woke brigade leave Twitter and hate speech/far right groups are banned, then fine by me.
I mean, if you think about it, hate speech is technically on both sides of the fence. The far right hate change so much that they hate everyone that are different than they are. The far left love change so much that they hate everyone that are different than they are. Both groups express their disdain for each other. It would be awesome if an algorythm was created to ban all attention seekers as well.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I don't get the Coca-Cola/cocaine comment. Usually he has something deeper going on but it just seems like a bad joke. Is there some meaning I don't see? Yes I know cocaine used to be in coke.

Last edited:

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
He just bought a huge database of personal data and people think he is doing something for “freedom of speech”. All this stolen data will feed his other companies such as Neuralink.

Ironbunny

He just bought a huge database of personal data and people think he is doing something for “freedom of speech”. All this stolen data will feed his other companies such as Neuralink.

What he has done and said up to this point wholeheartedly contradicts with your statement.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

The data people willingly gave to Twitter, the company Elon bought? That "stolen" data? Or have I missed something?

Konnor

Reminder that this "huge database of personal data" used to be owned by shady fucks like Vanguard, BlackRock and the Saudis yet people like you didn't have a problem with it back then. Instead you were defending them and their authoritarian tactics by saying that it's a private company and they can do whatever they like. Well, mr DreadLord, it's a private company, Elon can do whatever the fuck he likes, if you don't like it make your own Twitter.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The data people willingly gave to Twitter, the company Elon bought? That "stolen" data? Or have I missed something?
Wait until you tell him how much data Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc., have. From nests, to Alexa, and Amazon's Bezos with all that Blink and Ring data.

All this Elon hate from twitter meanwhile he’s the only billionaire that really induced change into our worldwide society. He’s not perfect, but he’s damn good at what he does.

- Ukrainian Troops Can Utilize the internet via Starlink. Not to mention he’s able to provide internet to the world in places where the internet isn’t available.

- Booster Rockets can land themselves which leads to his air travel venture of getting anywhere in the world in 30 minutes as well as landing and living on Mars with the potential of getting back to earth.

- Electric cars are becoming the norm, without Tesla mass producing electric cars, we wouldn’t be where we are today especially with charging banks in parking lots.

- Hyperloop will be huge when it’s complete, hopefully it will be widespread in major cities or travel city to city.

- with his Twitter acquisition, his goal is to level the playing field in-terms of the way we communicate to one another and not be so one-sided.

- cofounded Neuralink he’s going all Deus Ex on us and trying to play Jesus by providing paraplegics implants to allow them to walk again among other advancements

- cofounded OpenAI which will obviously be huge.

- created the foundation for PayPal and we’ve seen how big that got. He revolutionized the online payment system.

He’s very much like Tesla in trying to provide innovation to the world, however, he certainly will not die penny-less.
Someone needs to stop this guy, there will be no room left for other people in the history books at this rate.

If he really gets people on Mars we'll never hear the end of it. Who does he think he is?

Last edited:
He has the government so scared the White House is creating a Disinformation Governance Board to combat what they call "disinformation" in the 2022 mid-terms. I thought Harry Potter and the Ministry of Truth was just fiction.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I dont follow Musk tweets or anything, but is he ramping up funny tweets? Or he's always been like this, but its just his Twitter purchase making his tweets stand out? He's been zinging tweets lately.

As for his chart, it's not just him. Aside from techie/media people, I think just about anyone else who makes decent money with a different job just trying to get through life like a normal person and family have skewed more rightward some amount the past bunch of years.

Last edited:

dolabla

I dont follow Musk tweets or anything, but is he ramping up funny tweets? Or he's always been like this, but its just his Twitter purchase making his tweets stand out? He's been zinging tweets lately.

As for his chart, it's not just him. Aside from techie/media people, I think just about anyone else who makes decent money with a different job just trying to get through life like a normal person and family have skewed more rightward some amount the past bunch of years.
I think he's definitely ramping it up because of the tantrums being thrown. He's enjoying the shit posting right now, lol.

Boss Mog

It represents me too culturally, economically I've stayed on the left though. I won't change my most basic principles because a bunch of degenerates are pretending to be on my side.
For me, opposing the degenerates takes priority over everything else because if left unchallenged they will bring down civilization. Humanity already lost 1000 years when the Roman Empire fell to the barbarians. The collapse of Western civilization could be the end of democracy (or the closest thing we have to it anyway) forever.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
For me, opposing the degenerates takes priority over everything else because if left unchallenged they will bring down civilization. Humanity already lost 1000 years when the Roman Empire fell to the barbarians. The collapse of Western civilization could be the end of democracy (or the closest thing we have to it anyway) forever.
Myth.

Medieval Europe was a vibrant qnd transformative era. And the Eastern Roman Empire thrived for another 1000 years after the fall of the western empire

Boss Mog

Myth.

Medieval Europe was a vibrant qnd transformative era. And the Eastern Roman Empire thrived for another 1000 years after the fall of the western empire
Yes that's why it's was called the Dark Ages, because it was a myth... :pie_eyeroll:

Romans had the closest thing to a modern political system with a Senate. They had aqueducts, irrigation and sewer systems, cement and concrete, paved roads and many other things which were all lost for centuries. Not to mention they were focused on knowledge, philosophy and critical thought. The middle ages had tyranical monarchies, thought suppression, buildings built from piling stones and people throwing their shit in the streets.

It's easy to name great philosophers of ancient Greece and Rome, or ones from the Renaissance but can you actually name one great philosopher from the dark ages? Renaissances means rebirth which was exactly what that period was where humanity regained what it had lost. But apparently you know better than everyone else.

Last edited:

Vestal

Gold Member

That is a really bad representation of what has happened to the political spectrum in the past 20 years.

I get “the point” he is trying to make. But whole heartedly disagree with the graph.

I had always viewed myself as a centrist because my social views are left but when it comes to economic center/rightish. In my case my views didn’t move an inch, but the right started running away from me in 2008-10.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Wait until you tell him how much data Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc., have. From nests, to Alexa, and Amazon's Bezos with all that Blink and Ring data.

The main point of all that being that all of those aren’t going to do anything evil or nefarious with anyone’s information either, other than to sell us more crap.

The paranoia around what major companies own what of our personal data has become laughable. These cunts want us to buy shit off them, not control our lives 😂

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The main point of all that being that all of those aren’t going to do anything evil or nefarious with anyone’s information either, other than to sell us more crap.

The paranoia around what major companies own what of our personal data has become laughable. These cunts want us to buy shit off them, not control our lives 😂
Exactly.

If companies want to spend time and money trying to accurately target us for more ads, go ahead. That's how life works.

People only get mad when it's shitty ads in their face. But if their browser put in their face a banner ad saying Amazon or Walmart have a buy 2 games get 1 free deal, and they do it, nobody thanks Google for showing the deal. Money well spent, but no pats on the back for Google. But if they were shown an ad for buying new tires, but they take the bus they'd say what a waste of time.

If people really want to go ape shit for shared confidential information, where who knows what sneaky shit they can do with it they should be suing every credit card maker, bank and credit reporting company. But I've never seen it.

You apply to one loan somewhere and the deal gets centralized. Seems every other financial company in the world suddenly knows what mortgage, car loan, student loan and credit card debt you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom