• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

correojon

well, if france can't win against such a "disgraceful" team they sure don't deserve it either, right?
At least France won some matches during the tourney and got more serious opposition.

Btw, I'm not french, but I think they'd be a more deserving champ than Portugal.

DSN2K

Awful final, Portugal are bang average but they can defend somewhat and thats it. France just lack a top class forward.

dani_dc

France got a lot more dangerous after decided to give up on attacking or even keeping possession of the ball in the opponents half.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The fact FIFA has given up seeking an alternative to penalties is a bit depressing.

I bet if they played gold goal until somebody scores (WITH NO PENALTY SHOOTOUT), Portugal wouldn't be defending with six at the back.

That's exactly what would happen. Golden goal didn't encourage teams to attack and was absolutely shit to watch.

Fliesen

"What's the score?" - yells my girlfriend from the bedroom, where she's watching 'Come dine with me'
- "0:0"
"When there's a penalty shooting, let me know!"

... Euro2016 in a nutshell :(

Mimosa97

God played a trick on us the day young Olivier Giroud decided to quit his slow-mo capture class to focus exclusively on playing football

The fact FIFA has given up seeking an alternative to penalties is a bit depressing.

I bet if they played golden goal until somebody scores (WITH NO PENALTY SHOOTOUT), Portugal wouldn't be defending with six at the back.

Just do the pens before the extra time starts then play extra time. The team thay looses the p.k. shootouts will have a reason to attack then.

Jamie OD

I bet if they played golden goal until somebody scores (WITH NO PENALTY SHOOTOUT), Portugal wouldn't be defending with six at the back.

If a game ends 0-0 after 120 minutes then I think you need to use something as harsh as a penalty shootout to determine a winner. Playing conservative can only take you so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom