• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Buffon has been absolutely consistent.

Trio BBC had been consistent.

Motta had been consistent in doing nothing.

Germany Boateng and Kross had also been consistent.

Neuer also had been consistent.

If you only watch England, i can see that view here.

Götze has been incredibly consistent.

la_briola

I hope Italy vs Germany is the most boring game ever so you guys can shut up with the narrative that Portugal is boring and doesn't deserve to be here.

Let me quote Baristan Selmy from GoT.

"Rhaegar fought honorably. Rhaegar fought bravely. Rhaegar died."

:lol

just be glad Portugal got this far, whatever happens with the other games doesn't make your matches better/more enjoyable

Portugeezer

patricioprotectionsxu76.jpg

casiopao

Götze has been incredibly consistent.

Yup. It is sad here that more or less, Italy and Germany player is the most consistent in this cup.

Belgium is also quite consistent after getting beat by Italy there.

I had question though. Is there ever in huge competition, same team which faced in group can end up meeting in final again here? I can't remember lol.

Firemind

Yup. It is sad here that more or less, Italy and Germany player is the most consistent in this cup.

I had question though. Is there ever in huge competition, same team which faced in group can end up meeting in final again here? I can't remember lol.

DKehoe

At Euro 96 Germany and Czech Republic played each other in the group stage and then in the final.

In Lille at the moment, and never have so many drunk people cared so little for the result. They could pull the result out of the hat and nobody would be bothered as long as the party continued.

(Wales to win 2-1, but even if we lose will be proud of what we've achieved)

Karu

World Cup 1954: Hungary - Germany - 8:3 in group stage, 2:3 in finale

Baleoce

Kind of crazy that Portugal haven't beaten a single team within the initial 90 minutes yet this tournament. Would be even funnier if they ended up winning it that way.

CassSept

Apart from examples posted above (prime example being Portugal in 2004) four years ago Spain and Italy were both in the same group and then met in the final. So this is a far more common occurrence than you might expect.

kromeo

Always look forward to Portugal being knocked out. Their current team might not dive quite as much as some of the previous ones (except Pepe, what a rat that man is) but they've replaced it with playing for penalties right from the start

Lego Boss

Holland v USSR EURO '88

Holland 1 - 3 USSR (1st Round)

Holland 2 - 0 USSR (Final)

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Always look forward to Portugal being knocked out. Their current team might not dive quite as much as some of the previous ones (except Pepe, what a rat that man is) but they've replaced it with playing for penalties right from the start

i don't know what matches you've been watching, but against poland portugal was actively looking for the winner before the extra time. poland were clearly the ones hoping for penalties before 90 minutes was even up.

Baleoce

Whatever happens tonight, we've far exceeded expectations and it's a great achievement already. That being said, I hope we give them hell ;)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Rooting for Wales tonight! Go underdogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom